AR AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #2 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Thread 1

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/81ufar.html

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 18-21 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'11"; 150-160 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair at the time of her death; however, it had been previously dyed blonde, as the photos above attest. She had blue eyes. She had a small birthmark or scar beneath her left breast; she also had freckles. 3 piercings in right ear and approximately 2 in left ear.
  • Clothing: 1 pair white ankle socks, 1 pair acid washed blue jeans, 1 black belt, and white T-shirt. 1 pair white tennis shoes. A gold-colored, chain type bracelet present on right arm.
  • Dentals: Available. #11 shifted buccally and #27 shifted lingually.
  • Fingerprints: Available
  • DNA: Available in CODIS
  • AKA: Cheryl Ann Wick, Shannon Wiley, Kelly Carr, Mercedes

Regarding my last response with the "missing classmates". I think you misunderstood lol =). I was simply thinking that it could be a possibility that she attended that high school and with a little research through yearbook photos, classmates, etc. that albeit a long shot, it could be worth checking out. I didn't mean that the classmates were "missing".

Here is the link again. ;)

http://www.claremont81.com/class_classmates_missing.cfm

Attachments

• 81UFAR-1.jpg
    81UFAR-1.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 819
MadeaBecBec submitted Kimberly Ann Kahler for me in April 2009 and her DNA was being compared. Did we get the results back yet? Thanks.

04-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
user_offline.gif

"The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly
Hi - This is my first post so forgive me if I have posted incorrectly.
I've been very touched by this case. I found the following girl missing at age 15 since January 1, 1980 from Venice, Los Angeles, California. Her name is Kimberly Ann Kahler. She would have been 26 in 1991. I don't know how to post a link to side by side photos, but if you check JD morgue pictures and compare it to the center picture on the doenetwork, I think there is a remarkable likeness. Her DNA is in CODIS - does that mean it has already been checked against Jane Doe's DNA in CODIS?

Kimberly Ann Kahler

• Date Of Birth: January 17, 1964
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 15 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8; 145 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown/auburn hair; blue eyes.
  • Marks, Scars: Kahler has a small-sized scar on the left side of one of her lips. She has facial freckles.
  • Dentals: Not available
  • DNA: in CODIS
  • AKA: Kim
http://www.doenetwork.org/

CASE: 942DFCA

Hey Everyone! I received an email today from LASD (Diane M. Harris)Missing Persons Unit, letting us know that DNA is being processed at this time between Jane and Ms. Kahler!!

I can't seem to get the first thread to come up so this may have been suggested, but at 5'11...did high schools have women's basketball teams back then? 15 would probably be a sophomore and would play either jv or varsity. That's really tall for a 15 yo girl.

They have her mugshot -- she may have been wanted for robberies along the East Coast (wouldn't the FBI have "wanted" info?); could it really be no one was looking for her -- how well was her image publicized and where? Namus gives her a five star "rating" -- with nine names having been submitted as possible matches. She was a striking young woman -- it's just yard to believe no one out there would recognize her.

I don't know if I've ever posted to this thread, but I have spent some time looking for matches to this doe. I'm very glad her case is active. Thanks to all you other sluethers who've been working hard on solving this one.

She has a very distinctive look, very cosmopolitan in some photos. The drawn on Surprise! eyebrows are really different though!

I grew up in Dallas, went all the way through high school there, years before this doe. And yet something about her looks so familiar. Wish I hadn't tossed out my high school annuals. She could be the daughter of someone I went to school with for all I know or was perhaps someone my oldest son was in school with in another part of the state. It's bugging the heck out of me. I'll show him her picture, and see if it jogs anything with him.

Y'all may think it's crazy, but there's just something about this doe that says Dallas to me. Really can't put my finger on what makes me say that. She has something of a sophisticated look about her that I remember about Dallas when growing up, a Dallas look, not as laid back as the rest of the state.

Something about her says, Highland Park or University Park to me or private schools. She had taste, and there's just something refined about her, despite her having worked as a stripper. It's weird. It's precisely her look that tells me this girl had it easy growing up, too easy in fact, and went into full stage rebellion against mom, dad, their whole lifestyle and value system. I don't know for a fact. It's just the impression I'm getting.

Also, if she'd been on the streets from an early age, say 14, she wouldn't have looked as well as she did with her make-up on. She doesn't appear to be someone who'd been on hard drugs for a number of years. Nothing about her says street urchin ever.

I think this girl was likely the consumate, pathological liar. Unless LE has something on the books on the bank robberies, I couldn't find anything on any female bank robbers on the east coast from say 1985-1990. Perhaps she said some things strictly for shock value. If I caught it correctly, I thought this bank robbing story came from the doe herself. Also, the Carousel Club shut down right after Jack Ruby killed Lee Oswald. Couldn't find anything on line that pertains to a 2nd. opening of a Carousel Club in Dallas. Now there was a Carousel Club in Houston off south I-45 at the 610 Loop that had been in operation for a long time, still was in the 80s, and perhaps later. Use to pass it on the way to Galveston.

Anyway, back to "Sherry," per Sloane. She has a lot of freckles in her morgue photos, and her hair in those photos tends more towards light auburn or a hair color that is really neither, light brown, red or blond, but a combination of all three by degrees. Characteristically speaking and sans make-up, she appears to be in the redhead family of skin tones, IMO.

I just wonder if she didn't come from a somewhat prominent family, who disowned her as her behavior and actions were an embarrassment to them? Maybe she was a garden variety psychopath.

Seems likely she'd have had some siblings that would be wanting to know what happened to her or else perhaps they knew, and they disagreed with choices she made. I would bet with her height she might have done some legitimate modeling in high school, but perhaps not. Just a thought.

Good heavens, I'm not that old. This young woman is older than my son by as much as six years, so don't think he would have a clue, but I'll just run it past him on the familiarity factor anyway.

You know I have to say this...
Even the best liars often weave pieces of the truth into the fabric of their lies. Maybe when she said that Kelly Lee Carr was wanted in West Virginia she meant that little girls wanted to be like Miss West Virginia 1981 Kelly Lee Carr. Or maybe she was in pageants at some point and met her.

Any thoughts?

Here is a list of the ruleouts on this Doe:

Tracy Byrd 1968 Pennsylvania
Melinda Creech 1900 Indiana
Tricia Kellett 1973 Illinois
Kim Leggett 1962 Texas
Staci Madison 1970 Arkansas
Michelle Mulcahy 1961 Florida
Lisa Sexton 1966 Ohio
Sherri White 1964 Alaska
Lisa Wilson 1960 Texas

https://identifyus.org/cases/2813

I don't know if I've ever posted to this thread, but I have spent some time looking for matches to this doe. I'm very glad her case is active. Thanks to all you other sluethers who've been working hard on solving this one.

She has a very distinctive look, very cosmopolitan in some photos. The drawn on Surprise! eyebrows are really different though!

I grew up in Dallas, went all the way through high school there, years before this doe. And yet something about her looks so familiar. Wish I hadn't tossed out my high school annuals. She could be the daughter of someone I went to school with for all I know or was perhaps someone my oldest son was in school with in another part of the state. It's bugging the heck out of me. I'll show him her picture, and see if it jogs anything with him.

Y'all may think it's crazy, but there's just something about this doe that says Dallas to me. Really can't put my finger on what makes me say that. She has something of a sophisticated look about her that I remember about Dallas when growing up, a Dallas look, not as laid back as the rest of the state.

Something about her says, Highland Park or University Park to me or private schools. She had taste, and there's just something refined about her, despite her having worked as a stripper. It's weird. It's precisely her look that tells me this girl had it easy growing up, too easy in fact, and went into full stage rebellion against mom, dad, their whole lifestyle and value system. I don't know for a fact. It's just the impression I'm getting.

Also, if she'd been on the streets from an early age, say 14, she wouldn't have looked as well as she did with her make-up on. She doesn't appear to be someone who'd been on hard drugs for a number of years. Nothing about her says street urchin ever.

I think this girl was likely the consumate, pathological liar. Unless LE has something on the books on the bank robberies, I couldn't find anything on any female bank robbers on the east coast from say 1985-1990. Perhaps she said some things strictly for shock value. If I caught it correctly, I thought this bank robbing story came from the doe herself. Also, the Carousel Club shut down right after Jack Ruby killed Lee Oswald. Couldn't find anything on line that pertains to a 2nd. opening of a Carousel Club in Dallas. Now there was a Carousel Club in Houston off south I-45 at the 610 Loop that had been in operation for a long time, still was in the 80s, and perhaps later. Use to pass it on the way to Galveston.

Anyway, back to "Sherry," per Sloane. She has a lot of freckles in her morgue photos, and her hair in those photos tends more towards light auburn or a hair color that is really neither, light brown, red or blond, but a combination of all three by degrees. Characteristically speaking and sans make-up, she appears to be in the redhead family of skin tones, IMO.

I just wonder if she didn't come from a somewhat prominent family, who disowned her as her behavior and actions were an embarrassment to them? Maybe she was a garden variety psychopath.

Seems likely she'd have had some siblings that would be wanting to know what happened to her or else perhaps they knew, and they disagreed with choices she made. I would bet with her height she might have done some legitimate modeling in high school, but perhaps not. Just a thought.

Good heavens, I'm not that old. This young woman is older than my son by as much as six years, so don't think he would have a clue, but I'll just run it past him on the familiarity factor anyway.

You've given me a LOT to think about!! I'll post again after I have a good night's sleep if I can think of anything pertinent to add. Thanks for your post!

I have been thinking about your post on and off since early this morning when I last posted. I have a lot going on in my life now (not bad, but busy), and so I'm not at my best. What I cannot get out of my mind after reading your post and thinking is that this young woman is 5'11" and even today, that's tall!! I topped out at 5'8" which was really tall for my generation (I graduated from high school in 1966), but I believe in 1991 5'11" would be tall! Although I am widely travelled, I do not have the sophistication (and am new to WS so I haven't become "rounded" yet) to make the assessment that this young woman was raised in a level of affluence or comfort; I am not, however, disagreeing with you on this point. The only other thought I came up with is I'm wondering if LE ever checked with Cheryl Wick to see if she has any idea as to when and where she first discovered her id was missing (carried by this Jane Doe when she was found); that's not much to go on, but it is something.....Thank you again for sharing your thought provoking insight!

This girl deserves her real name back. Surely someone, somewhere is looking for her? I wonder if anyone who met discerned an accent? Could she have come from another country at a young age? Her looks suggest she was originally a redhead with a very fair complexion. I will continue searching. :waitasec:

This girl deserves her real name back. Surely someone, somewhere is looking for her? I wonder if anyone who met discerned an accent? Could she have come from another country at a young age? Her looks suggest she was originally a redhead with a very fair complexion. I will continue searching. :waitasec:

Good point! If she was from another country, it might explain why her real identity has been so hard to find.

By the way, I love Belfast. I was there two years ago. It's a beautiful city!

I have been thinking about your post on and off since early this morning when I last posted. I have a lot going on in my life now (not bad, but busy), and so I'm not at my best. What I cannot get out of my mind after reading your post and thinking is that this young woman is 5'11" and even today, that's tall!! I topped out at 5'8" which was really tall for my generation (I graduated from high school in 1966), but I believe in 1991 5'11" would be tall! Although I am widely travelled, I do not have the sophistication (and am new to WS so I haven't become "rounded" yet) to make the assessment that this young woman was raised in a level of affluence or comfort; I am not, however, disagreeing with you on this point. The only other thought I came up with is I'm wondering if LE ever checked with Cheryl Wick to see if she has any idea as to when and where she first discovered her id was missing (carried by this Jane Doe when she was found); that's not much to go on, but it is something.....Thank you again for sharing your thought provoking insight!

I agree about checking with Cheryl Wick to see when her id went missing. As someone who does background checks for a living and deal with identity theft on a daily basis, most of my customers know coming in there identity was stolen and state so before I even run them. Also many can give many details including, when, where and even sometimes who the person was that stole their identity. Worth LE checking this angle out, any info we can gather would be helpful at this point.

Are there lists for runaway foster children anywhere? I'm just wondering if this could be a possibilty as so many foster children "fall through the cracks" in society.

Are there lists for runaway foster children anywhere? I'm just wondering if this could be a possibilty as so many foster children "fall through the cracks" in society.

I spent two hours last night reading through all the posts on Thread No. 1, and I came away with the distinct impression there are no such lists however unfortunate that may be. Also, several of the posters in Thread No. 1 stated that even if "El Dorado Jane" had been a foster child who ran away, she may never have been reported missing for any number of reasons. I personally believe a lot of grief and heartache would be saved if there were such a list of runaway foster children as you and others have suggested!

What about Ann Gotlib?

http://www.doenetwork.org/
Case File 68DFKY

Ann Gotlib
Missing since June 1, 1983 from Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky.
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: May 5, 1971
Age at Time of Disappearance: 12 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1; 85 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Red/auburn curly hair; gray eyes. Gotlib has a fair complexion and light-colored eyebrows.
Marks, Scars: She has freckles on her face and moles on her lower back. She also has pierced ears.
Clothing: Navy blue shorts with white stripes on the sides, a red and white t-shirt, beige tennis shoes and gold earrings with purple stones.
Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Police and the FBI think that Ann was kidnapped from Louisville's Bashford Manor Mall on June 1, 1983. Her red and white bicycle was found propped up outside a department store. She was last seen riding her bicycle back to her home nearby around 17:30 - 18:00. Police say there is no indication she was taken by a friend or associate. She has never been seen again. Ann is a Russian Jewish immigrant and came to USA in 1980. She speaks fluent Russian and English.

The first picture of Ann and the morgue photo was what appeared eerily similar to me. I would think that Ann was old enough when she disappeared that she would have told someone of her childhood or what happened to her, but you just never know.

Ann's height at her disappearance was only 5, 1... and it's unlikely that she grew another 10 inches over her adolescent years, but not impossible.

https://identifyus.org/medias/full/1910

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member