Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Mannip23, it's too bad that image of WJK isn't more clear but she is making a similar face with eyes half open as the one in the middle of the bottom row on the Doe Network profile:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/81ufar.html

Plus there's that Florida connection.
    <-- Watched one too many Hanna-Barbera "teenage detective" cartoons as a kid.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tatertot For This Useful Post:

and most important is the height

Quote Originally Posted by froggierintexas View Post
    You know I have to say this...
    Even the best liars often weave pieces of the truth into the fabric of their lies. Maybe when she said that Kelly Lee Carr was wanted in West Virginia she meant that little girls wanted to be like Miss West Virginia 1981 Kelly Lee Carr. Or maybe she was in pageants at some point and met her.

Any thoughts?
    Maybe she picked the name Kelly Lee Carr because she had seen the 1981 pageant and felt some resemblance to the contestant?

http://www.pageantupdate.info/almanac/1981.htm

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Centerice For This Useful Post:

Please don't post names of people not named in main stream media. Facebook and MySpace pages can be linked to if they can be tied to the victim or case. If the pages are private don't link to.

Thanks everyone, just trying to keep innocent people out of the case. Any research you do can be posted IF you can show a verifiable link between the UID and the names. Thanks again.

Ima

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imamaze For This Useful Post:

Maja Vojvoda

Quote Originally Posted by belfastgirl73 View Post
    This girl deserves her real name back. Surely someone, somewhere is looking for her? I wonder if anyone who met discerned an accent? Could she have come from another country at a young age? Her looks suggest she was originally a redhead with a very fair complexion. I will continue searching.

ok, totally agree with you. This is one of my long-time most-fascinating cases. I think she could very well be Maja Vojvoda,

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1433dfsvn.html

disappeared from Slovenia May 16, 1986, age 11...yes I submitted it, but no one seems to believe it likely. I am no war historian, but Maja was born in Yugoslavia, which was dissolving into separate countries in a long Civil War (Think "Bosnia") .Many girls and young women were kidnapped, raped, some were forced to become prostitutes...Some young women were sent to America to escape the coming war .Some looked forward to legit jobs; others thought they had good jobs lined up, only to end up as prostitutes. Man were given fake IDs.

I tracked down newspaper articles about Maja Vojvoda, and found out that by the time the search for her was underway, she could have been taken across the border out of Slovenia. Her own father made trips out of the country looking for her.

Remember that 81ufar was believed to have been in Virginia Beach...International ship traffic in that area.It is possible that 81ufar met and fell in love with McAlphin and saw him as her protector when he took her possibly out of a bad situation and into what looked like a better one.I found clues that make me think she's Maja when I watched the video...One thing was... If you look at 81ufar's diary entries, the way she puts the comma after the date, where it doesn't belong...could be English as a second language.Several reports say she was "quiet" .Could that be why?

There's a picture of 81ufar in front of a picture on the wall in a restaurant. When you blow it up, it looks an awful lot like a famous castle in Slovenia. ..There's a picture of 81ufar in front of hay bales. One icon of Slovenia is the hayrack. 81ufar is wearing a white dress with puffy sleeves. I found pictures of traditional Yugoslavian dress and it resembles one of the outfits I saw....I have only seen one picture of Maja, it is black and white... freckled? maybe. I do know that the hot sun of Texas and Arkansas can easily freckle a light-skinned person.Eye color, yes Maja's says green, but this was translated from Slovenian language. And eye color can change. And her eyes could have lightened from greenish blue to bluer blue. 81ufar bleached her hair blonde from brown or red. Maja's hair is listed as light brown. As for the height, yes she's listed pretty short even for age 11. I don't really trust what's been translated.But is she prepubescent?Just starting to mature? Maja was eating probably alot less and alot more limited choices than she would have been in America. In my mind, all that menu collecting could be related to that, too. Leaving Yugoslavia where things are getting pretty bad, there is still food but it's getting super expensive... then being in America, walking into even a simple place and saying, "Wow, this is great", thinking it's a luxury...

If you put Maja's picture next to one of 81ufar with her head turned the same way, to me her facial expression, her mouth looks the same and her teeth, too. I am trying to show that here, but it's not working at the moment. Will try later.

Sorry i rambled. Tired!
    Last edited by AW23; 11-23-2011 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AW23 View Post
    ok, totally agree with you. This is one of my long-time most-fascinating cases. I think she could very well be Maja Vojvoda,

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1433dfsvn.html

disappeared from Slovenia May 16, 1986, age 11...yes I submitted it, but no one seems to believe it likely. I am no war historian, but Maja was born in Yugoslavia, which was dissolving into separate countries in a long Civil War (Think "Bosnia") .Many girls and young women were kidnapped, raped, some were forced to become prostitutes...Some young women were sent to America to escape the coming war .Some looked forward to legit jobs; others thought they had good jobs lined up, only to end up as prostitutes. Man were given fake IDs.

I tracked down newspaper articles about Maja Vojvoda, and found out that by the time the search for her was underway, she could have been taken across the border out of Slovenia. Her own father made trips out of the country looking for her.

Remember that 81ufar was believed to have been in Virginia Beach...International ship traffic in that area.It is possible that 81ufar met and fell in love with McAlphin and saw him as her protector when he took her possibly out of a bad situation and into what looked like a better one.I found clues that make me think she's Maja when I watched the video...One thing was... If you look at 81ufar's diary entries, the way she puts the comma after the date, where it doesn't belong...could be English as a second language.Several reports say she was "quiet" .Could that be why?

There's a picture of 81ufar in front of a picture on the wall in a restaurant. When you blow it up, it looks an awful lot like a famous castle in Slovenia. ..There's a picture of 81ufar in front of hay bales. One icon of Slovenia is the hayrack. 81ufar is wearing a white dress with puffy sleeves. I found pictures of traditional Yugoslavian dress and it resembles one of the outfits I saw....I have only seen one picture of Maja, it is black and white... freckled? maybe. I do know that the hot sun of Texas and Arkansas can easily freckle a light-skinned person.Eye color, yes Maja's says green, but this was translated from Slovenian language. And eye color can change. And her eyes could have lightened from greenish blue to bluer blue. 81ufar bleached her hair blonde from brown or red. Maja's hair is listed as light brown. As for the height, yes she's listed pretty short even for age 11. I don't really trust what's been translated.But is she prepubescent?Just starting to mature? Maja was eating probably alot less and alot more limited choices than she would have been in America. In my mind, all that menu collecting could be related to that, too. Leaving Yugoslavia where things are getting pretty bad, there is still food but it's getting super expensive... then being in America, walking into even a simple place and saying, "Wow, this is great", thinking it's a luxury...

If you put Maja's picture next to one of 81ufar with her head turned the same way, to me her facial expression, her mouth looks the same and her teeth, too. I am trying to show that here, but it's not working at the moment. Will try later.

Sorry i rambled. Tired!
    This girl was 12 when she disappeared in 1986, so would have been 17 in 1991. Skeletal formation is not complete by 17 so the UID's age range would not have been in the late 20s, but maybe 16 - 20 according to the ME, had she been 17.

Eye color and freckles are no big deal, I accept, but 4'3" at 12 is very short and probably an adult height of no more than 5'3". Boys mature later than girls and even as a taller 12-year-old boy, I was within a foot of my adult height - 20" in five years seems inconceivable to me. Even allowing for a more calorific diet and a growth spurt, it seems too far.

1986 was before the fall of Communism in eastern Europe, even though the first cracks were beginning to show - there is no reason to think that this girl was trafficked into the US. It's not impossible, but there is absolutely no reason to think it likely.

The commas in dates, the quietness, etc., are not in the least bit indicative of a foreign background. If she were kept captive, she probably would have limited English skills and a noticeable accent; if she "emigrated" at age 12 and interacted freely, she probably would probably have near-native skills.

I can't prove beyond any doubt that this is not a match but this doesn't come close to being plausible for me, I'm sorry.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cymro For This Useful Post:

That's quite okay ! I can certainly see why it seems implausible.This case is so vexing, though, that it cannot hurt to think outside the box IMHO.
    I did not mention but did also read that the father suspected a neighbor from Kuwait had taken her and trafficked her. The father went to other countries including Switzerland looking for her. My argument about the height is, how do we even know the report was translated right? And I may be remembering wrong, but I am pretty sure I saw an age range with 18 as the lower end somewhere. (Namus?)Oh, and 81ufar had the business card of a person who later was arrested for inappropriate contact with a minor. That also kinda made me think of 81ufar as very young.

Report in Slovenian language?

Quote Originally Posted by AW23 View Post
    My argument about the height is, how do we even know the report was translated right?
    Was the copy of the report posted on the Internet? Does anyone know where to find a copy? I could translate it.

Thanks.

Not sure if this was posted before, didnt see it.

Warning graphic pics*** Post mortem photos

https://identifyus.org/cases/2813

She looks so different deceased (no pun intended) I think it's the no makeup. Anyways this might help more in identifying her.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

BTW Namus has her age as 20-30. I have always believed that she was around 23-26. Not 18-21 as prev stated. The post mortem pics also make me think this even more.
    Cindi Lou

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/116dftx.html

Terri Lynn Hefner. Height is a bit off , hair is blond (although pic looks darker) eyes say brown but the doe's eyes look brown to. Something with the nose, chin, eyes, remind me alot of this doe.

Also, she was in Texas and headed to louisiana!
    was this one mentioned before?
    Cindi Lou

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sleuthster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/116dftx.html

Terri Lynn Hefner. Height is a bit off , hair is blond (although pic looks darker) eyes say brown but the doe's eyes look brown to. Something with the nose, chin, eyes, remind me alot of this doe.

Also, she was in Texas and headed to louisiana!
    was this one mentioned before?
    Looks like a possible match IMO. Her left ear has a strange shape that it looks like Tammie shares with the UID. It would be interesting to know if Tammie had a lot of freckles. It seems that the UID had light freckles over the top part of her body - something that may be unusual in darker haired women (IMO) Tammie's nose also looks similar in that it is slightly bulbous at the end.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to traacker13 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    BTW Namus has her age as 20-30. I have always believed that she was around 23-26. Not 18-21 as prev stated. The post mortem pics also make me think this even more.
    I agree she looks older than 18-21. Although she does look younger in the morgue photos. Poor girl.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far. - Joe Walsh

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angie4b1g For This Useful Post:

Kiva Supporter- you are nice to offer that. I have never seen the original missing person report on Maja Vojvoda, just the English one on the Doe network. There were a couple of newspaper articles i found. They were in Slovenian, and I used the google translate to read them.
    I don't care if people don't think she's Maja- I am glad people are still trying to give this girl's name back to her in this extremely fascinating case. That's awesome !

22. The Following User Says Thank You to AW23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by marie-chantal View Post
    Good point! If she was from another country, it might explain why her real identity has been so hard to find.

By the way, I love Belfast. I was there two years ago. It's a beautiful city!
    im sure she was from the south, did not notice any accent

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast