GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Be SURE you have read the WS TOS before you post in this thread.

If you see a post that violates the TOS - report it by hitting the little red triangle (Alert button) in the upper right corner of the post. If you respond to the post, you will be held accountable as having broken the TOS.

Bickering, name calling, snarky & rude remarks will NOT be tolerated.

Do NOT tell others what to post.

Do NOT discuss moderation. If you have a question, PM a mod (you can find them via 'View Forum Leaders') or use the Alert button.

Timeouts WILL be recommended for those who cannot or will not adhere to the WS TOS.

'Thank' this post so we know you have read it.

Copied from thread 5:

PLEASE use restraint in referring to those who have not been named as suspects.
---

X Also, PhillB has done an excellent map of the area in question; it can be referred to here:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UK - Joanna Yeates, Clifton, Bristol, 17 December 2010 - #3

UPDATED list of persons in discussion list:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UK - Joanna Yeates, Clifton, Bristol, 17 December 2010 - #9

Terrific discussion and sleuthing so far - an incredible amount of work has been done by a good many talented WSers. Welcome to those new to the case! Excellent links to information from media abound within the threads; familiarizing yourself with the case will enhance your understanding of the case discussion.

LINKS TO PREVIOUS THREADS

Websleuths TOS - The Rules

---------

Bringing my last post over:

Oh this is interesting:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/173235/Jo-Yeates-Cops-quiz-Tweeting-brother/

Quote:
quote]B]JO YEATES - COPS QUIZ TWEETING BROTHER

DETECTIVES are set to question the brother of Vincent Tabak’s girlfriend after he boasted he was “100% certain” who would be charged over Joanna Yeates’ murder.

Careers adviser Gunter Morson, 33, declared in a tweet that he had been told who was going to be accused.

But the following day Gunter – younger brother of Mr Tabak’s long-term love, treasury analyst Tanja, 34 – had to correct himself. He said: “My source is an idiot and wrong!!”[/quote]

repeating my reply

Isn't it just! makes you wonder who we have amongst us :waitasec:

When I first saw the copy of the tweets, I had to read it a couple of times to understand what it meant. It wasn't until later, when the name Gunter appeared at the end of one of the articles about the girlfriend's family, did it click.

The obvious question is who is the "idiot", and who told him that the landlord would be arrested? It seems possible that Tabak is the idiot that was comfortably sitting back expecting that he had nothing to worry about. It does bring up the question of whether Tabak did something to point fingers towards the landlord.

Can someone clear something up for me please: Did VT go to Holland after the 17th - and when exactly?
Thanks in advance :)

Just to quickly bring everyone upto date that has either been away or just joining -

Tonight we have news from the Avon & Somerset Police Force that they have charged a man 32yr old Vincent Tabak with Jo's murder & will be sentenced to await trial at Bristol Magistrates Court on Monday 24/01/11.

Oh this is interesting:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view...eting-brother/

Quote:
[

I had read this on another site a few days ago, and commented at the time that this was spooky considering Mrs Yeates comments in the press conference further down the line; comments about someone being particularly vocal about the case, or insisting on a different scenario than the accounts given in the press.

Could just be a bit of showboating from a chap with a relative involved due to their address. Possible that the GF's brother, or someone that they tweeted to, contacted the police after the latest family appeal. Could have been retweeted across the world !

Interesting though.

Can someone clear something up for me please: Did VT go to Holland after the 17th - and when exactly?

Unless I missed it, I think it has been unconfirmed. His sister and mother refused to confirm when asked directly.

Oh this is interesting:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/173235/Jo-Yeates-Cops-quiz-Tweeting-brother/

JO YEATES - COPS QUIZ TWEETING BROTHER

DETECTIVES are set to question the brother of Vincent Tabak’s girlfriend after he boasted he was “100% certain” who would be charged over Joanna Yeates’ murder.

Careers adviser Gunter Morson, 33, declared in a tweet that he had been told who was going to be accused.

But the following day Gunter – younger brother of Mr Tabak’s long-term love, treasury analyst Tanja, 34 – had to correct himself. He said: “My source is an idiot and wrong!!”
We know where they found it, just like the photos of the race.

Poor journalism, because they do not mention CJ. They make it sound like it happened a couple of days ago and that it concerns VT. If they knew the whole thing, this is simply a lie.

Remains in doubt as far as we the public are aware, I think

I don't think vt is involved jmo is someone closer to Joanna i think the police are Wrong

It's interesting now that there has been in an arrest ... to see the pieces fall into place. I couldn't get around the fact that she was fully clothed, no reported sexual assault, and yet she was taken away from her apartment (I was convinced that she made it home after work). I kept coming back to someone, like the boyfriend, wanting to take the body away from the scene of the crime to take the investigation away from home. With the boyfriend ruled out, and the neighbour ruled in, it falls into place ... the neighbour had just as much reason to want to take the investigation as far away from the property as possible. The pizza is interesting too. It seemed really strange that someone would take a body and a pizza away from a crime scene, but in knowing that the neighbour is charged, it makes far more sense that Joanna either dropped in on the neighbour with the pizza, or that the pizza was simply taken next door. It also answers all the questions about how to take Joanna away from the building without being seen ... she only had to be taken out the side door and to the back of the building to disappear without anyone seeing anything. I have to wonder if Tabak had a bag that he used to take her to the location where she was found ... maybe a bike bag or another large duffel bag used for moving. Somehow, for me, nearly all the pieces have fallen into place.

Martin Brunt mentioned on Sky News earlier (after VT had been charged) that they knew he had been at work the day Joanna disappeard (17th) - whether they got the information from a work source, I'm not sure, but it seemed a given that he was at work on that day.

The closest thing I could find, and it does contain that tabloid favorite, passive voice ("is believed") so it's possibly far from a sure thing:

On the day Jo was reported missing [19 December], Tabak is believed to have left the UK to spend Christmas with his family in Holland.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...ed-with-joanna-yeates-murder-115875-22868924/

I don't think vt is involved jmo is someone closer to Joanna i think the police are Wrong

With all due respect Saggy, we dont know what the LE have got on him ?? Well if its not him & he goes to trial & is found not guilty, i am sure this thread will be on fire again & we'll all be back for that.

Have you had a wager with someone on who the perp will be ??

I've read mixed information. I read that he went there on the 19th, but we have to keep in mind that nearly all international travel was at a standstill because of the huge snowstorm. Airports were definitely closed around the 19th. I read somewhere that the neighbour of Tabak's mother said she did not see Tabak over the holidays, although she has heard about him. I think it's also worth noting that the Dutch Christmas is with Sinterklaas and held on Dec 5/6. I also read that he was due back at work on Jan 5.

Just to repeat from the last thread regarding CJ/LL , tonight he remains released on bail on suspician of murder - the LE have made no further comment regarding CJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie