1423 users online (265 members and 1158 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation Officials: 'Bath salts' are growing drug problem

FULTON, Miss. – When Neil Brown got high on dangerous chemicals sold as bath salts, he took his skinning knife and slit his face and stomach repeatedly. Brown survived, but authorities say others haven't been so lucky after snorting, injecting or smoking powders with such innocuous-sounding names as Ivory Wave, Red Dove and Vanilla Sky.

Some say the effects of the powders are as powerful as abusing methamphetamine. Increasingly, law enforcement agents and poison control centers say the advertised bath salts with complex chemical names are an emerging menace in several U.S. states where authorities talk of banning their sale.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110123/...ous_bath_salts

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I love using bath salts! IN THE BATH!

I hope they don't make them illegal because dopers need a high!

I had no idea. True bath salts are just prettied up epsom salts with maybe sea salt and essential oils. It's the added chemicals added that are dangerous, and how are they getting away with selling something like that labeled as bath salts. Hope they don't outlaw epsom salts due to people trying to mix up their own, because they're very soothing for a soak sometimes.
    Last edited by txsvicki; 01-23-2011 at 03:24 AM.

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    OMG! What next? This is the saddest thing I have ever heard!

I don't think they are real bath salts- just another thing like the "incense." they came out with. It's chemicals, stimulants (MDPV) being "sold as" salts.

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...php?title=MDPV

There was a stabbing reported here in Central PA as a result of a dispute over "Blizzard."
    http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/co...-arrested.html

Lawmakers are considering making the drug illegal. Currently it is not due to a technicality.

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    This is so disturbing.

I'm in Canada and maybe I'm naive but I have never heard of this let alone seen anything like this. This is absolutely insane, how are we suppose to protect our children when things like this are so readily available to the general public.

Very scary as far as I'm concerned....
    Just my, no one elses

I see someone posted this in the Crimes forum, but I don't think it's a crime, yet, which is where the problem lies.

I also am thinking it isn't actual bath salts, but the article does a really poor job of making that clear. Journalism isn't what it used to be, lol.

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

It's a crime in Lousiana as of January 7th.

FYI I posted a few articles in the "Crimes" thread. I won't re-post them here, but they are informative.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post

FYI I posted a few articles in the "Crimes" thread. I won't re-post them here, but they are informative.
    You guys are ahead of the game! Much like Indiana was with K2.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post

BBM:

It sure is, bessie. I was glad to see that. Jindal spoke about this earlier in the month.

I had already seen a news clip where one young guy shot himself over it because of the effects. Evidently it is long lasting.

The only good thing about it is that it is not the same bath salts that old grannies like me use.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Normal bath salts are still just fine, like txvicki said, just dolled up versions of the good old epsom salt. The new ones are being marketed as bath salts, but nothing like the typical bath salts. I won't buy anything that isn't completely natural when it comes to my skin, so I have never come across these, but really, wasn't it only a matter of time?
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

I am so sick over this! Kids my son used to be friends with are doing this *****. When my son was in 9th grade his whole life changed- he lost almost all his friends to drugs. They stopped skateboarding, playing sports and video games and started snorting pills and smoking weed instead. Most have dropped out of school, none have even bothered to even get their drivers licenses, several are in jail, several have kids, none have jobs, many do drugs with their parents. He misses his friends. It's so sad!

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    Normal bath salts are still just fine, like txvicki said, just dolled up versions of the good old epsom salt. The new ones are being marketed as bath salts, but nothing like the typical bath salts. I won't buy anything that isn't completely natural when it comes to my skin, so I have never come across these, but really, wasn't it only a matter of time?
    Yup, it sure was. They will stop at nothing to destroy our kids!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast