GUILTY VA - Joseph, 84, & Evelyn Bland, 80, murdered, Colonial Heights, 21 Jan 2011

Tinsamd

Justice for Shaniya!!!!
Reaction score
What a shame!!! This article states that a friend spoke with them, & that they were headed out of town, & then an hour later their vehicle, a 2011 Mercury Grand Marquis was no longer in the driveway.

The car, with their suitcase inside was the only thing taken from the home & has been recovered.

Poor couple. I hope they find out who murdered them.

Colonial Heights police are working with Virginia State Police to track down the person or people who killed an elderly couple in their home Friday.

Around 6:30 Friday night, a family member found 84-year old Joseph and 80-year old Evelyn Bland dead inside their home at 119 Conduit Road. Police say the two were found in separate rooms. Investigators won't comment on how the couple was killed, but say they were not shot.

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=13888168

From the same article as above:

After interviewing several people and with the help of the Virginia State Police forensic team, police are now looking for the owner of an older model Oldsmobile car, either gold or brown in color. Police say on Friday the Oldsmobile was seen near the Conduit Road home then later where the Bland's vehicle was found. Police said they received reports of several unknown people hanging around the car. Police want to ask the owner of the vehicle some questions.

another sad & senseless death :(

<snips>

The Blands, both in their 80s, were found dead Friday night in their home in the 100 block of Conduit Road. They reportedly died of blunt-force trauma to the head.
Police have also confirmed that someone broke into the Blands' home last summer and tried to steal a safe but abandoned it in the yard.

"I've got a feeling that the same people who tried that are the same people who were there the other day," Robertson said, noting that it was a gun safe that took about four people to carry.

more here

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/...urns-slain-colonial-heights-couple-ar-793616/

Rest in peace, Mr. & Mrs. Bland :rose:

Thank you SO MUCH for this update!! This poor couple!! :-(

I hope that they find out who murdered them soon. One thing that I don't understand from the article that I posted is that at the bottom of the article it stated that the community need not be in fear.

If I lived close by I think that I'd definitely be in fear...

If it was the same people who tried to rob them before then I guess they are figuring it's an isolated incident?

Heavy safe, 4 people to carry it... An elderly couple in their 80's... Flippin cowards...

I bet it's a younger relative of some sort who thinks or knows they had something valuable in the house...

I absolutely agree with you that it could be someone who knew them!

Police are still searching for a murder weapon. Investigators say neighbors should not fear for their safety. The last time Colonial Heights police investigated a murder was in 2003.

I think it's how the statement is worded. It's like since nothing has happened since 2003, don't worry folks!

He could have waited an hour or so and robbed the home and not killed the victims because they were leaving town.

What a senseless crime!:(

JMHO
fran

From July 2015:

http://www.hopewellnews.com/article_7662.shtml#.Vj2FxYT8FWY

The Colonial Heights man charged with the brutal murder of an elderly couple inside their home in 2011 pleaded guilty to two counts of first-degree murder on Monday.

After nearly five years of facing capital murder charges, Matthew Franklin Brady, 31, signed a plea agreement with reduced charges eliminating the possibility of capital punishment...

Brady is scheduled for a trial hearing in August and a pre-sentence report on November 19, with a final sentence to be determined by the court.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back