1248 users online (274 members and 974 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1/22: Kyron Hormanís image will appear on semi trailers nationwide

An image of missing Portland boy Kyron Horman, along with the words ďHave you seen me?Ē will appear on semi-trailers nationwide as part of a joint effort between the Multnomah County Sheriffís Office and the Washington State Patrol.
    http://www.kgw.com/home/Kyron-Horman...114419534.html

I wish I felt as though this would help...
    Just my opinion, of course.

I believe this will help, as I think Kyron was handed off and or sold to someone.
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I wish I felt as though this would help...
    Please don't give up hope ♥ There always a change ♥

Thanks to Gordon trucking! We need more trucking companies to step up.

While I do not think it will help locate Kyron (without going into my specific reasoning or theories of why) I feel it may help someone who saw something they are unaware they saw realize that they need to contact police.

I also want to applaud Gordon trucking, It is my hope that other companies will follow suit and start posting pics of missing kids. Even if it does nothing whatsoever to help find Kyron I think it is admirable and in other cases such an idea could lead to well, leads.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

I guess it could help in making someone who knows something come to their senses and tell LE...if they were to see a truck often enough...
    Maybe they should just drive the trucks in Roseburg, or past Dede's house...

I'm confused by this latest development. LE has indicated that they believe that Terri was involved in Kyron's disappearance. Right? So what good is having a truck with Kyron's picture driving around Maine going to do? I guess they could be thinking of the possibility that she sold him but I think it is possible that they're now considering a new scenario where Kyron was taken by a stranger. Whether Kyron was taken by Terri or someone else, whether he's alive or dead, statistics show that he's most likely still in the Pacific Northwest. It can't hurt but it just seems a little too late for the trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    I'm confused by this latest development. LE has indicated that they believe that Terri was involved in Kyron's disappearance. Right? So what good is having a truck with Kyron's picture driving around Maine going to do? I guess they could be thinking of the possibility that she sold him but I think it is possible that they're now considering a new scenario where Kyron was taken by a stranger. Whether Kyron was taken by Terri or someone else, whether he's alive or dead, statistics show that he's most likely still in the Pacific Northwest. It can't hurt but it just seems a little too late for the trucks.
    I'm guessing someone just recently offered to do this, maybe Kaine was able to arrange it. I did not get the impression LE set it up, may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I'm guessing someone just recently offered to do this, maybe Kaine was able to arrange it. I did not get the impression LE set it up, may be wrong.
    This is from the article:

An image of missing Portland boy Kyron Horman, along with the words ďHave you seen me?Ē will appear on semi-trailers nationwide as part of a joint effort between the Multnomah County Sheriffís Office and the Washington State Patrol.
    I assumed that meant that LE in the area helped to arrange it.

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    This is from the article:

I assumed that meant that LE in the area helped to arrange it.
    That is interesting. Thanks.

Here’s a little more background on Homeward Bound, an initiative of the Washington State Patrol’s Missing and Unidentified Persons Unit. (I realize these are not MSM links. However, the following links represent more BG info re: Homeward Bound than was presented in any Ky-related MSM articles.)

What I find especially interesting is, in Trooper Renee Padget’s “slide show,” the original targets for Homeward Bound were children missing due to custodial interference.

http://blog.fleetowner.com/trucking-...sing-children/

http://www.wsp.wa.gov/crime/docs/mup...ward_bound.pdf

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10673...-children.html

And then there’s this:

(Begin snip from article immediately above)

The Washington State Patrol uses a host of factors to select the missing child cases in the program. In order for a case to be an active investigation, a law enforcement agency must take a missing persons report and enter the individual into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) database. After selecting the case, the State Patrol works with Gordon Trucking to place a poster of the missing child onto a truck route that corresponds with the child's suspected whereabouts.(End snip)

Ahhhh, God love the PDX media. Could we at least know the routes on which Ky’s pic will be displayed? Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboy View Post
    Hereís a little more background on Homeward Bound, an initiative of the Washington State Patrolís Missing and Unidentified Persons Unit. (I realize these are not MSM links. However, the following links represent more BG info re: Homeward Bound than was presented in any Ky-related MSM articles.)

What I find especially interesting is, in Trooper Renee Padgetís ďslide show,Ē the original targets for Homeward Bound were children missing due to custodial interference.

http://blog.fleetowner.com/trucking-...sing-children/

http://www.wsp.wa.gov/crime/docs/mup...ward_bound.pdf

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10673...-children.html

And then thereís this:

(Begin snip from article immediately above)

The Washington State Patrol uses a host of factors to select the missing child cases in the program. In order for a case to be an active investigation, a law enforcement agency must take a missing persons report and enter the individual into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) database. After selecting the case, the State Patrol works with Gordon Trucking to place a poster of the missing child onto a truck route that corresponds with the child's suspected whereabouts.(End snip)

Ahhhh, God love the PDX media. Could we at least know the routes on which Kyís pic will be displayed? Sigh.
    bbm

I agree, and obviously since MCSO apparently got in touch with Washington they think the same thing. Custodial Interference. Yep. It's what I've been thinking since week 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
    bbm

I agree, and obviously since MCSO apparently got in touch with Washington they think the same thing. Custodial Interference. Yep. It's what I've been thinking since week 2.
    Can you elaborate more on your post? What does custodial interference have to do with Kyron? I always thought that custodial interference was when two parents got divorced, and then one of them didn't return after their weekly visit with the child(ren). Would that apply in Kyron's case if Terri was involved? If she is his stepmom, does she have legal custody of him? I could see how custodial interference would work if Terri ran off with Baby K but Kyron?

OK, since MCSO was involved in getting Kyron on these trucks, and if this was done recently and not something in the works for months...I think it takes away from expecting a suspect to be named soon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast