1/22: Kyron Horman’s image will appear on semi trailers nationwide

eileenhawkeye

Reaction score
kyron+truck+image.jpg

An image of missing Portland boy Kyron Horman, along with the words “Have you seen me?” will appear on semi-trailers nationwide as part of a joint effort between the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office and the Washington State Patrol.

http://www.kgw.com/home/Kyron-Hormans-image-to-appear-on-semi-trucks-nationwide-114419534.html

I believe this will help, as I think Kyron was handed off and or sold to someone.

Thanks to Gordon trucking! We need more trucking companies to step up.

While I do not think it will help locate Kyron (without going into my specific reasoning or theories of why) I feel it may help someone who saw something they are unaware they saw realize that they need to contact police.

I also want to applaud Gordon trucking, It is my hope that other companies will follow suit and start posting pics of missing kids. Even if it does nothing whatsoever to help find Kyron I think it is admirable and in other cases such an idea could lead to well, leads.

I guess it could help in making someone who knows something come to their senses and tell LE...if they were to see a truck often enough...
Maybe they should just drive the trucks in Roseburg, or past Dede's house...

I'm confused by this latest development. LE has indicated that they believe that Terri was involved in Kyron's disappearance. Right? So what good is having a truck with Kyron's picture driving around Maine going to do? I guess they could be thinking of the possibility that she sold him but I think it is possible that they're now considering a new scenario where Kyron was taken by a stranger. Whether Kyron was taken by Terri or someone else, whether he's alive or dead, statistics show that he's most likely still in the Pacific Northwest. It can't hurt but it just seems a little too late for the trucks.

I'm confused by this latest development. LE has indicated that they believe that Terri was involved in Kyron's disappearance. Right? So what good is having a truck with Kyron's picture driving around Maine going to do? I guess they could be thinking of the possibility that she sold him but I think it is possible that they're now considering a new scenario where Kyron was taken by a stranger. Whether Kyron was taken by Terri or someone else, whether he's alive or dead, statistics show that he's most likely still in the Pacific Northwest. It can't hurt but it just seems a little too late for the trucks.

I'm guessing someone just recently offered to do this, maybe Kaine was able to arrange it. I did not get the impression LE set it up, may be wrong.

I'm guessing someone just recently offered to do this, maybe Kaine was able to arrange it. I did not get the impression LE set it up, may be wrong.

This is from the article:

An image of missing Portland boy Kyron Horman, along with the words “Have you seen me?” will appear on semi-trailers nationwide as part of a joint effort between the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office and the Washington State Patrol.

I assumed that meant that LE in the area helped to arrange it.

Here’s a little more background on Homeward Bound, an initiative of the Washington State Patrol’s Missing and Unidentified Persons Unit. (I realize these are not MSM links. However, the following links represent more BG info re: Homeward Bound than was presented in any Ky-related MSM articles.)

What I find especially interesting is, in Trooper Renee Padget’s “slide show,” the original targets for Homeward Bound were children missing due to custodial interference.

http://blog.fleetowner.com/trucking...ordon-trucking-delivers-for-missing-children/

http://www.wsp.wa.gov/crime/docs/mupu/homeward_bound.pdf

http://www.thestreet.com/story/1067...don-trucking-helps-find-missing-children.html

And then there’s this:

(Begin snip from article immediately above)

The Washington State Patrol uses a host of factors to select the missing child cases in the program. In order for a case to be an active investigation, a law enforcement agency must take a missing persons report and enter the individual into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) database. After selecting the case, the State Patrol works with Gordon Trucking to place a poster of the missing child onto a truck route that corresponds with the child's suspected whereabouts.(End snip)

Ahhhh, God love the PDX media. Could we at least know the routes on which Ky’s pic will be displayed? Sigh.

Here’s a little more background on Homeward Bound, an initiative of the Washington State Patrol’s Missing and Unidentified Persons Unit. (I realize these are not MSM links. However, the following links represent more BG info re: Homeward Bound than was presented in any Ky-related MSM articles.)

What I find especially interesting is, in Trooper Renee Padget’s “slide show,” the original targets for Homeward Bound were children missing due to custodial interference.

http://blog.fleetowner.com/trucking...ordon-trucking-delivers-for-missing-children/

http://www.wsp.wa.gov/crime/docs/mupu/homeward_bound.pdf

http://www.thestreet.com/story/1067...don-trucking-helps-find-missing-children.html

And then there’s this:

(Begin snip from article immediately above)

The Washington State Patrol uses a host of factors to select the missing child cases in the program. In order for a case to be an active investigation, a law enforcement agency must take a missing persons report and enter the individual into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) database. After selecting the case, the State Patrol works with Gordon Trucking to place a poster of the missing child onto a truck route that corresponds with the child's suspected whereabouts.(End snip)

Ahhhh, God love the PDX media. Could we at least know the routes on which Ky’s pic will be displayed? Sigh.

bbm

I agree, and obviously since MCSO apparently got in touch with Washington they think the same thing. Custodial Interference. Yep. It's what I've been thinking since week 2.

bbm

I agree, and obviously since MCSO apparently got in touch with Washington they think the same thing. Custodial Interference. Yep. It's what I've been thinking since week 2.

Can you elaborate more on your post? What does custodial interference have to do with Kyron? I always thought that custodial interference was when two parents got divorced, and then one of them didn't return after their weekly visit with the child(ren). Would that apply in Kyron's case if Terri was involved? If she is his stepmom, does she have legal custody of him? I could see how custodial interference would work if Terri ran off with Baby K but Kyron?

OK, since MCSO was involved in getting Kyron on these trucks, and if this was done recently and not something in the works for months...I think it takes away from expecting a suspect to be named soon.

OK, since MCSO was involved in getting Kyron on these trucks, and if this was done recently and not something in the works for months...I think it takes away from expecting a suspect to be named soon.

And even if they had been planning it since say, September, if they were going to announce a suspect or an arrest, they could have just canceled it.

It sounds to me like they're looking at other theories besides Terri. Can anyone name a case where a relative of a child sold the child to someone else, and the child was not killed?

I never hear of children being sold and ever coming back...I'm not even sure how it is known that children are sold, or how many.

I suppose it is possible that he was "given away" to some couple who wanted a child and didn't care if it was legal. But then there should be tons of computer stuff showing how one would contact such people, even emails...who knows, maybe there is.

This may just be one more thing for MCSO to try; they admitted last month they don't know if he is alive or dead, so they can't really give up looking everywhere.

This is how I look at it: If Terri sold Kyron to a sex ring, then he's probably not going to the local school district wherever he is. I also cannot see her selling a 7-year-old to a couple that wants a child, unless they want a child for sick, perverted reasons. If Kyron was 7 months old, then I could see it. But 7? I find it very unlikely. Now, I suppose there is the possibility that Terri sold Kyron to one individual who has been abusing Kyron since June 4th. I don't know if that person would allow Kyron to go to school, play outside, etc. I believe that Steven Staynor went to regular school but I don't think Jaycee Dugard did. However, I can't think of one case where a relative sold a child to a sex predator, and the child was kept alive. Shaniya Davis was sold, but she was murdered. It seems that in almost every case of a child taken by a sexual predator, the sexual predator was the one who took the child, and the family had nothing to do with it.

I also agree with you that if such a "transaction" took place, there would be phone records, internet records, etc that would document it. Like you said, there could be, but LE has kept it secret. But I feel if they did have proof to show that Kyron was currently with a sex ring or sexual predator, then it was extremely irresponsible for LE to allow the parents and themselves to indict that Terri, was 100% behind Kyron's disappearance, because then people begin to think that this is an isolated incident and they stop looking for Kyron everywhere they go. This isn't like Madeleine McCann, where everyone was told to look for her unique eye. There's never been a huge urgency for everyone in America to look everywhere for Kyron. It's always just been, "Terri did it!"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back