What puzzles you the most

plait

Reaction score
Where are these people's parents or family members. Many people in pics have distinquisable marks moles, missing teeth, scars etc. If they are deceased There MUST be other people who can identify these people. Teachers, yearbooks, Hospitals, records, schools,etc Geez just Dunno.

I wondered the same thing, plait. The parents of the victims could be deceased by now but what about siblings, cousins, etc.? I am a curious soul and would never give up searching for a missing loved one so I'd be all over the crime and missing sites.

But then I had a thought outside the box. RA's victims who are still alive and in the photos may prefer to remain anonymous. It was a long time ago. Some of the pics show nudity. These people could be professional people, family people who have moved on to productive lives. They may prefer to distance themselves from that period of their lives and not draw negativity from the association with RA's pics depicting them in the nude or fully clothed. MOO

wm

I think RA that monster in the shape of a human being killed most that are still missing. Maybe many were runaways, and were already being abused within the family unit or they could have given their parents so much grief that the parents/caregiver/guardian cut off contact. Or they never had a family unit in the first place, living in various foster and group homes. Maybe they had substance abuse parents. RA might have preyed on runaways offering them a place to stay, and knew they would not be missed if something happened. Preditors like RA can sniff out the desperation.

I think RA that monster in the shape of a human being killed most that are still missing. Maybe many were runaways, and were already being abused within the family unit or they could have given their parents so much grief that the parents/caregiver/guardian cut off contact. Or they never had a family unit in the first place, living in various foster and group homes. Maybe they had substance abuse parents. RA might have preyed on runaways offering them a place to stay, and knew they would not be missed if something happened. Preditors like RA can sniff out the desperation.

We should also remember that the time frame that we was killing people was quite a different time in the US and it wasnt uncommon for people to just move around from one place to another at whim - there was a lot of the hippy thing going on and it wasnt uncommon for younger people to live in 'family' groups that moved often.

Sadly, a lot of these people had very limited (or none) contact with their real families in some cases so I dont think the fact that photos have been released mean that the photos are of people that are runaways or have no family unit, though Im sure some of the people in the photos must have fallen in that category though. I can think of a handful of the photos where the person looks homeless or like a runaway but who knows.

Im honestly not sure why the release of the photos was fought by LE for so many years, releasing the photos 41 years later doesnt seem to be the best way to go about finding who these people are.

And really.. shame on LE for fighting it so long! It makes me sick to think of people spending the last 41 years wondering what happened to their loved one if there was even a TINY chance that the photos could have identified them 41 years ago.

So many families ruptured in the 70's, over cultural things and over the Vietnam war. Kids who were gay were thrown out on the street when they were as young as 13 or 14. Others walked out. In many parts of the country dropping out at 16 and setting out on your own was perfectly normal. You could work, get a driver's license, even get married -- a much different time. Hitching and "living off the land" (day labor and petty theft) were idealized.

I know people who don't know whether one or more of their children are alive or dead -- and don't care, because the hard feelings haven't healed. I know people who haven't contacted their parents for 30 years or more.

Yeah, maybe if they had published the photos at the time, it would have helped locate more people. But now? I'm mildly surprised they found as many people as they did.

Ive been reading a book called mindhunter by John Dougless (hes a FBI agent who specialized in criminal profiling) and he was talking about cases of women being found on the west coast in random wooded areas or parks that were found on their knees with the mans shorts/underwear covering the womans face - his details on what sort of person he feels has done this is actually really interesting, Ive not gotten far enough to see if this person was caught but will post his profile of the person he feels would be the one that is responsible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme
Back