1090 users online (191 members and 899 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Ja'Veon Mitchell, 7 mos, found dead in cooler, Titusville, Jan 2011

Something is not right with this whole story. What does everyone else think?

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/26592348/detail.html

They just said on Channel 13 news that they found the body of what they believe to be the missing 7 month old baby. I will try to see if a link is up yet on the site.

Ok, here is link:
    http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news...month-old-baby

Also says there will be a live news conference at 2 p.m. Channel 13, for those in Brevard county with Brighthouse Networks.

Kathy
    Merritt Island, FL

Interview w/police chief Bollinger (sp.) on ch. 13 right now. Chief says body was found in a cooler behind a single family home in a neighborhood at Pine Street and 500 block of Deleon ave.. Says it is a rental house.

Oh no

no pictures? wow, how horrible...rip little one.

Any locals on that can report on the presser?

I'm local (in Merritt Island, which isn't far from Titusville)and Ch. 13 said there would be a 2 p.m. presser that would be live, but I have been watching and no presser, so I don't know if they changed the time or what. Will post more if I hear more.

Edited to add: they are scrolling a banner on the bottom of the screen says presser is at 4 p.m. now, Ch. 13

Kathy

How sad...sounded very strange when I first read the story.

Well, now they are saying they cancelled the presser for 4 p.m.

When I was leaving a bit ago, I heard them saying that CM, the babysitter, said that she took a nap and when she woke up the baby was dead. She panicked so she hid the body.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news...anuary/199898/

Florida - AGAIN! Poor little thing - put in a cooler in the back yard. If the baby died of SIDS, why didn't she call 911. You don't put the poor wee baby in the backyard.

Looking forward to autopsy reports. I bet they'll find bodily injury.

MOO

Mel

The baby's mother, Janelle Richardson, 21, said she left Ja-Veon with Miller on Thursday.

Miller stopped by Thursday to pick up diapers and milk, but she did not have Ja-Veon, telling Richardson she left the infant with her boyfriend.

it isn't unusual for the baby sitter to watch the infant for days at a time.

Police said the family does not have any pictures of the infant, which they said is unusual.

~~~~~~

Soooooooo, my first question is, why didn't the mother leave enough diapers and milk with the babysitter when she dropped him off, knowing that Ja-Veon would be there for days ... why did the babysitter need to pick essentials up the same day he was dropped off?

Secondly, why is the mother routinely leaving her 7 month-old son with a babysitter for days at a time? And why does the mother not have any pictures of her baby?

Third, I wonder if it's routine for the babysitter to leave Ja-Veon with her boyfriend and if she did so the day he died?

Lastly, and this is just speculation, but I wonder if the mother and babysitter are related and if that's why the mother felt comfortable leaving her son there for days.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    The baby's mother, Janelle Richardson, 21, said she left Ja-Veon with Miller on Thursday.

Miller stopped by Thursday to pick up diapers and milk, but she did not have Ja-Veon, telling Richardson she left the infant with her boyfriend.

it isn't unusual for the baby sitter to watch the infant for days at a time.

Police said the family does not have any pictures of the infant, which they said is unusual.

~~~~~~

Soooooooo, my first question is, why didn't the mother leave enough diapers and milk with the babysitter when she dropped him off, knowing that Ja-Veon would be there for days ... why did the babysitter need to pick essentials up the same day he was dropped off?

Secondly, why is the mother routinely leaving her 7 month-old son with a babysitter for days at a time? And why does the mother not have any pictures of her baby?

Third, I wonder if it's routine for the babysitter to leave Ja-Veon with her boyfriend and if she did so the day he died?

Lastly, and this is just speculation, but I wonder if the mother and babysitter are related and if that's why the mother felt comfortable leaving her son there for days.
    So those were the same questions that came to my mind too.

Especially the one about the boyfriend.

So babysitter wakes up and the poor baby is dead. Was the boyfriend there while she was napping?:

I'm not reading the articles yet cause I cannot, absolutely cannot stomach it right now. just the posts I've thanked are bad enough and no doubt exactly what I'd be saying.

unless mom is military or something similar to that .... I'll have to google particulars but some were recently sentenced over here for....the mom had had enough of her toddler (and I am not saying that cruelly because she'd intelligently reached her limit and sought help so more power to her) and gave her lil one to a friend she was paying 20 quid a week or something to watch him for a 2 month period and the babysitter and her boyfriend beat the lil boy to death. grrrrrrr. this could be something like that so I will reserve judgement on the mom.

how do you not have pictures of your baby?

Mind-boggling.

First of all, the picture thing is bizarre. The article references no other children. With my first, I took pictures of him eating, sleeping, crawling, playing, and breathing. I had my third last March and while I've dialed down the picture-taking a bit, I could still hand the police hundreds of pictures of him. Unable to produce one? Wow.

Secondly, unless mom is off on sales junkets desperately trying to raise money for the baby's care, leaving him with a sitter for days at a time screams "apathetic mother." Not criminal, but it makes me wonder about the dynamics between mom, sitter, and boyfriend.

I did see one picture on Nancy Grace's FB. I wonder if that came from the sitter. I wouldn't be surprised to learn BF killed the baby and she was either complicit or intimidated into hiding the body. Either way, they're not very smart. The coverup wasn't very good.

I almost wonder if sitter was desperate for a baby and lucked into a situation where a mom really didn't want one. So she got to play mommy for days at a time until her boyfriend got angry and territorial. Perhaps the baby cried or one of those other heinous baby offenses that so often get them killed. After all, it wasn't his baby. Fast forward to the baby getting thrown or smothered and now the poor, desperate, not-very-smart babysitter is staring down a very long sentence. All to protect the waste-of-skin boyfriend. That'd be my theory, but I'm not discounting that the sitter might very well be a bad person.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast