TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #43

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Hailey20Dunn-120lr.gif

Hailey is 13 years old. She was heading to stay with a friend on Monday Dec. 27th but never made it. She is 5'1" with hazel eyes and brown hair. She also has pierced ears. She was last seen at 1804 Chestnut, wearing navy blue sweat pants, a light colored T-shirt and pink and white shoes.
Anyone who has seen Hailey contact the Colorado City Police Dept. at 325-728-5294

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4
Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8
Thread #9 Thread #10
Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14
Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18
Thread #19 Thread #20
Thread #21 Thread #22
Thread #23 Thread #24
Thread #25 Thread #26
Thread #27 Thread #28
Thread #29 Thread #30
Thread #31 Thread #32
Thread #33 Thread #34
Thread #35 Thread #36
Thread #37 Thread #38
Thread #39 Thread #40
Thread #41 Thread #42

Media Links
Sar information for Hailey Dunn
Hailey Dunn Facebook/You Tube/MM site

You must read this post and hit the 'thanks' button before you post in this thread.

We do not allow rumors to be posted or perpetuated at WS.
Do not post a rumor or respond to a rumor.

No bashing Law Enforcement.

Direct quotes and screenshots from social networking sites are not allowed at WS.
You may discuss what is on a social networking site but must include the link. However, do not discuss or link to sites that are private.
Please do not post about other posters. That is a TOS violation because it is rude. It’s like talking behind someone’s back.
The only appropriate way to respond to problematic posts is to hit the alert button. We will then look at the post and handle it asap. Do not respond to a problematic post. That compounds the problem and delays the solution.
We do not allow the posting of personal information about people who have not been named as a POI or suspect by LE or MSM.
You must include a link to where you found the information in your post.
Just because a person is connected to a case doesn't mean we can immediately start using his/her name, even if it is an adult. There is no need to drag innocent people through the mud.
If people start talking to the media about the case then yes, they have decided they want their identity known. Then you can use their names in posts here at WS.
If suspects and family members are talked about in the major media outlets, you can use their names in posts here at WS.

We don't allow name posting of minors’ names, except for Hailey's, of course.

The full WS TOS and "rules" can be found here: The Rules

'Insiders' or "Locals"
Before you post ANY inside information that could help this case PLEASE report it to the police first. Here at Websleuths, we don't care about having "scoops" or "bombshells." We care about the cases, the people involved, and making sure Websleuths is not hindering the investigation by allowing people to post inside information that the police do not have yet.
If you know Hailey or her family and want to post about her, then WS admin needs to talk to you. Please email wsverify@xmission.com
Include:
The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.
In the subject line please put which case you are asking to be verified on.
It will all be kept strictly confidential.
Unless what you are saying can be verified by law enforcement and/or the media, it is not considered a "fact" here. You may personally know for 100% certainty that it is true, but unless you are verified and/or can back it up with a link, we do have to consider it to be a rumor. This is not to single anyone out or to ignore information, but to maintain the integrity of a case and keep the best interests of the victims at the forefront.
Please do what is right by the case first before you post anything on Websleuths.
Do not post about private conversations with case players unless the case player is aware that the conversation is going public.
If you are a local or insider and your posts do not include any "inside" information, you do not need to be verified. Please remember, however, that information as simple as what Mom does for a living or where BF works are considered inside information.

Check for professional and locals here...
Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Please Continue here...

Well here we are back at square 1,lol..........so sad.

Good night y'all. Hoping tomorrow bring us news and we have Hailey home safe and warm. I won't stop praying until all children are accounted for and safe.
:eek:fftobed:

Okay, regarding the use of Amber Alerts for runaways that was discussed at the way end of the last post, this is my opinion on it: If you issue an Amber Alert for every runaway, there will be an alert every few minutes. Approximately, 1-1.5 million young people runaway every year. That's about 2700-4100 alerts a day. People will begin to ignore them and it will become like a car alarm. I am not saying that runways aren't in danger but a child who is actually kidnapped is in IMMEDIATE danger. Also, I bet in many cases, the runaway is just hiding out at a friend's house. This is a direct quote from the Amber Alert website, "Overuse of AMBER Alert could result in the public becoming desensitized to Alerts when they are issued."

The whole case seems to be getting no where. I think they need a new approach.
I really would like to see somebody get all these folks from the surrounding area of Haileys house in one room and start talking to them. Neighbors with neighbors.
Somebody saw something.

This is what I would say to Billie, if I could;

Lots of people want you to get your daughter back safely. Some of us think you might be able to help. I know you do not believe that Shawn would ever hurt Hailey. Please ask him if he will go into the police station, with his attorney if he wants, and talk to the detectives to try to clear up any possible misunderstandings about where he was on Monday Dec. 27th and Tuesday Dec. 28th and what he was doing. Lots of people have lawyers and still talk to the police, they just want the lawyer there to help them.

If Shawn can do this, then the police would be able to clear him and move on to try to figure out where Hailey is. And if he won't do this, you should probably set aside your personal feelings about Shawn for now, and go to the police station yourself and tell them anything you can think of that might help. Any places that were special to Shawn, or places he used to go with his friends, or to hunt. Search your brain for any possible place Shawn likes to go.

Please try to help the police help find Hailey, Billie. Please get word to Shawn to help too. That is the only way the police can change their focus.

We all want Hailey home safely.

I hope they haven't hit a dead end. It is starting to feel like Haleigh Cummings and Kyron
and Zahra Baker---where it SEEMS like we can see where the case is headed, and it just stops. It is so frustrating to feel that feeling all over again now.

I hope they haven't hit a dead end. It is starting to feel like Haleigh Cummings and Kyron
and Zahra Baker---where it SEEMS like we can see where the case is headed, and it just stops. It is so frustrating to feel that feeling all over again now.

I didn't follow Haleigh or Zahra's case, but for Kyron's case, it took 6-7 months until I felt like we had hit a dead end. It's only been one month in Hailey's case and we're already feeling that way. :(

I also think a photo of Hailey should be put in her front yard. A large photo. People ride down that street everyday, the same people going back and forth to work. Make them remember.
Interviewing people with a photo and asking them questions doesn't always jar their memory. But a photo in the right spot might.

The Mitchell County district attorney is working to build a case in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn to hand over to a grand jury, Michell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs said. But right now, there isn't enough evidence to arrest the only named suspect, Shawn Adkins.
As leads continue to come in, investigators are trying to get all persons of interest cleared and narrow the case down to one person, he said

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334596

I also think a photo of Hailey should be put in her front yard. A large photo. People ride down that street everyday, the same people going back and forth to work. Make them remember.
Interviewing people with a photo and asking them questions doesn't always jar their memory. But a photo in the right spot might.

Ummm or it should be put in the front yard where SA is staying.... perhaps a second copy in BD's yard,,,,, facing her and not the street.

Sorry but this is how I feel about the case. I hope I'm proven wrong but at this point I'm not convinced they both don't know something.

IMO

Ummm or it should be put in the front yard where SA is staying.... perhaps a second copy in BD's yard,,,,, facing her and not the street.

Sorry but this is how I feel about the case. I hope I'm proven wrong but at this point I'm not convinced they both don't know something.

IMO
Somebody saw something, whether it was SA driving through town or Hailey walking down a street.

Relatives of missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn still hopeful
Search goes on, but with fewer people

"The notion of a cold case is a Hollywood myth," Kampfer said. "There are open cases, and there are closed cases, and this case will remain open until it is resolved."

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/24/waiting-for-darren-to-slot/

Kampfer is the city manager, right? Not sure what he means by "Hollywood myth".

In public perception - this case seems to be going cold fast. IMO

Please try to help the police help find Hailey, Billie. Please get word to Shawn to help too. That is the only way the police can change their focus.

We all want Hailey home safely.

Perhaps the police should have a standard policy that in the event of a missing child case, if you tell LE all you know, then anything unrelated to the missing child is forgiven. IE, if your alibi is that you were selling drugs or seeing a prostitute at the time, so long as you are honest about it, the police look the other way regarding the illegal activity.

Whether that would help in this case is unknown - but there are surely cases where it WOULD help. Especially after watching the Cummings case with nearly the whole family ending up in jail on drug charges, I would imagine many people would hesitate to admit unrelated guilt.

I didn't follow Haleigh or Zahra's case, but for Kyron's case, it took 6-7 months until I felt like we had hit a dead end. It's only been one month in Hailey's case and we're already feeling that way. :(

Well, I kind of think Kyron's case has been stalled for about 5 months...out of the 8 total months. The only thing that really kept it in the news was the divorce and TH's other antics. I don't think they were any closer to finding Kyron, say, in August than they were in June or are now.

But this case is still in the # of days-stage...28 days today. That is a long time, since H has not been found, but very short in the scheme of these cases, sadly.

The Mitchell County district attorney is working to build a case in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn to hand over to a grand jury, Michell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs said. But right now, there isn't enough evidence to arrest the only named suspect, Shawn Adkins.
As leads continue to come in, investigators are trying to get all persons of interest cleared and narrow the case down to one person, he said

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334596

***READING BETWEEN LINES ALERT***

I think that LE have a fairly decent circumstantial case, but with a few grey areas.

a) Narrowing down the POI's/suspects until we are left with 2 and then 1 (we could be left with2).

b) They could really use the one piece of evidence that they don't have ...... a body (ouch). To show that this case is a death and not a kidnapping/runaway, and to show that it was caused purposely or accidentally (need to know whether a life sentence or death sentence is appropriate).

c) I think they MAY also be looking for a crime scene. If enough evidence to prove a crime had been found at the home, it would be easier for LE to arrest one or both of the adults NOW.

I deduce (but with only partial evidence, and a large dose of intuition) that when we find Hailey, we will also find everything LE needs to make arrests.

Does anyone remember what thread has the info about BD's demeanor at work Tuesday morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk