Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 547

Thread: TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #43

  1. #51
    gngr~snap's Avatar
    gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    11,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief View Post
    Theres evidence there someplace.
    They have a POI/suspect and cannot search the place his cell pinged the very day a someone's child went missing? The same child who disappeared and he is the POI? REALLY. Even though LE has been told by the child's mom illegal drugs were purchasedwith cash withdrawn from her personal acct. He admitted to LE he had taken pills prior to the polygraph that he knew were not allowed prior to being tested but he took them anyway. LE can't find anything to charge him with? Nothing to subject the home he is staying in to a search for a girl that could be alive held against her will? Even though he has admitted to being the last person to see her? Y, Y, Y! LE has their hands tied I know. Just breaks my heart! android posted please excuse typos!

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    8,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    Does anyone know how well homes were searched around her house?
    From January 7th:

    http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/...ng-specialists

    Additional agencies and officers are in Colorado City and behind the scenes in Dallas to assist. The task force, which numbered 30 yesterday, continues to grow as officials seek specialists in certain fields.

    Non uniform law enforcement teams canvassed the neighborhood around Hailey's home conducting interviews asking for assistance in locating her.
    ~~~~~

    Of course they couldn't search every house without a warrant, but they did go door to door. I saved that link because I just knew this would come up just as it did with Kyron Horman and the original searches. But LE almost always works from the missing person's home outward into the neighborhood.

    I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:


  5. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    LA-Lower Alabama
    Posts
    1,066
    Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    Okay, regarding the use of Amber Alerts for runaways that was discussed at the way end of the last post, this is my opinion on it: If you issue an Amber Alert for every runaway, there will be an alert every few minutes. Approximately, 1-1.5 million young people runaway every year. That's about 2700-4100 alerts a day. People will begin to ignore them and it will become like a car alarm. I am not saying that runways aren't in danger but a child who is actually kidnapped is in IMMEDIATE danger. Also, I bet in many cases, the runaway is just hiding out at a friend's house. This is a direct quote from the Amber Alert website, "Overuse of AMBER Alert could result in the public becoming desensitized to Alerts when they are issued."
    2,000. a day I think goes missing a day.... but not all in your area...If its Alerted quickly then it can be a local alert....then as more time passes and determination made whether its not a runaway then span out to national alerts....

    I'd like to know immediately if a child was missing in my town or surrounding area...I'd BOLO for them..

    Just seems to need to be a better way....maybe not an amber alert which could immediate danger but a BOLO alert....to keep an eye out and get prepared for possible further amber alerting if needed

    By savings the alerts for only a few to use.. are we really saving children..I just dont know the answer....

    JMO
    Last edited by captdj; 01-25-2011 at 02:40 AM.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to captdj For This Useful Post:


  7. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    I live in a town in Illinois that has the same amount of people even has a family dollar and a dollar general but the alco store closed down when walmart came in. I live in the worst part of town which really is just a bunch of old people in older homes. LOL But our taxes are low. Thanks for the info on the neighborhood.
    A breakdown,, HD house faces West in front of her house is the water towers , two blocks to the West and maybe a block over is the Dollar General Store facing East, then across the street facing the DG store is Alco facing West. If a person went to all 3 stores which you could in 5 minutes, I think at least one camera would pick you up, if there are any? These stores are all accessible by walking down and through alleys, that would actually be a short cut. IMO

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to majieof3 For This Useful Post:


  9. #55
    gngr~snap's Avatar
    gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    11,692
    Quote Originally Posted by majieof3 View Post
    hmmmm... the comfy couch seems to be a mystery !
    MOO! It was the ELEPHANT in the room,literally ...jmo

  10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    colorado city texas
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    Does anyone know how well homes were searched around her house?
    im not sure about the close area to Haileys, but i live about 5-6 blocks away and they just walked thru my garage and looked in a shed in the backyard.
    protect our children for they are our future.


  12. #57
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida's Treasure Coast
    Posts
    14,557
    Elephants never forget so they need to go talk to the comfy couch.

  13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Beyond Belief For This Useful Post:


  14. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    27,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief View Post
    Sorry to back up here but did we have the date the mask arrived at SA's mom's house?
    The only thing I have ever seen is that the date it was SENT OUT was Dec 28th.
    Has anyone ever verified the arrival date?

    He reviewed it on Jan 7th on MM site of course. In between moments of deep grief , no doubt.

  15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:


  16. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Central Illinois
    Posts
    10,904
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtFox View Post
    From January 7th:

    http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/...ng-specialists

    Additional agencies and officers are in Colorado City and behind the scenes in Dallas to assist. The task force, which numbered 30 yesterday, continues to grow as officials seek specialists in certain fields.

    Non uniform law enforcement teams canvassed the neighborhood around Hailey's home conducting interviews asking for assistance in locating her.
    ~~~~~

    Of course they couldn't search every house without a warrant, but they did go door to door. I saved that link because I just knew this would come up just as it did with Kyron Horman and the original searches. But LE almost always works from the missing person's home outward into the neighborhood.
    In the Sommer Thompson case they asked to search everyone's home within several blocks. Most people allowed it. If they didn't it was noted.
    .............Any man's death diminishes me because I am
    involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
    it tolls for thee. . . .
    from Meditation 17
    by John Donne

  17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:


  18. #60
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida's Treasure Coast
    Posts
    14,557
    It seems like someone was just trying to do something nice for them. I doubt BD really even paid attention to any of it.MOO

  19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Beyond Belief For This Useful Post:


  20. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Central Illinois
    Posts
    10,904
    Quote Originally Posted by ajk View Post
    im not sure about the close area to Haileys, but i live about 5-6 blocks away and they just walked thru my garage and looked in a shed in the backyard.
    TY, TY!!!

    What's the popular drug or the one that seems most people are getting in trouble with in the area?
    .............Any man's death diminishes me because I am
    involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
    it tolls for thee. . . .
    from Meditation 17
    by John Donne

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:


  22. #62
    Pondering Mind's Avatar
    Pondering Mind is offline here a ponder, there a ponder...everywhere a ponder = ADD
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Over The Hills And Through The Woods..on the corner,S.C..
    Posts
    5,531
    Quote Originally Posted by ajk View Post
    im not sure about the close area to Haileys, but i live about 5-6 blocks away and they just walked thru my garage and looked in a shed in the backyard.
    Tonight? Did they just walk through there tonight to look in the shed?...after dark? I'm on the east coast so I know it's not as late there as it is here, but still...hmm, interesting..
    ~"Be kinder than necessary, everyone is fighting some kind of battle"~

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pondering Mind For This Useful Post:


  24. #63
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida's Treasure Coast
    Posts
    14,557
    That about the pitbulls. You know if one of them got out and actually killed a child, someone might be tempted to just get rid of the body to protect themselves from criminal charges.

  25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Beyond Belief For This Useful Post:


  26. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    TY, TY!!!

    What's the popular drug or the one that seems most people are getting in trouble with in the area?
    Meth is a really big problem is my understanding ! IMO

  27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to majieof3 For This Useful Post:


  28. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    43,448
    What is in the Parking Lot stays in the Parking Lot. You cannot bring that discussion to this thread. That is a members only forum. You can talk about the couch but not bring any discussion up from that forum.

  29. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to grandmaj For This Useful Post:


  30. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief View Post
    That about the pitbulls. You know if one of them got out and actually killed a child, someone might be tempted to just get rid of the body to protect themselves from criminal charges.
    Could happen I guess ! but I would kill the dog first !

  31. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,095
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    The only thing I have ever seen is that the date it was SENT OUT was Dec 28th.
    Has anyone ever verified the arrival date?

    He reviewed it on Jan 7th on MM site of course. In between moments of deep grief , no doubt.
    I just has a flash. SA received the mask and I sure he had to try it on...now that scary.

    What could he be thinking with Hailey missing, all talk on the masks and he writing a review...
    "LIGHTING THE WAY HOME"

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tfrohning For This Useful Post:


  33. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    602
    Checking in to see if there is anything new. I feel this case going a little cool. We need to look at a different angle. I am fresh out of ideas. Feel so sorry for Hailey, lots of prayers.
    We speak for those who can no longer speak for themselves

  34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SusanB For This Useful Post:


  35. #69
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida's Treasure Coast
    Posts
    14,557
    Quote Originally Posted by tfrohning View Post
    I just has a flash. SA received the mask and I sure he had to try it on...now that scary.

    What could he be thinking with Hailey missing, all talk on the masks and he writing a review...
    I don't think he was thinking about Hailey at all. More than likely on Monday or Tuesday he was sent an email saying the mask would be shipped or was shipped, thats what he was interested in. Mooo

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beyond Belief For This Useful Post:


  37. #70
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida's Treasure Coast
    Posts
    14,557
    In the small towns you would think more would be seen, unless half the folks are related and all swear they saw nothing no matter what.
    We have an area in this county thats like that.

  38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Beyond Belief For This Useful Post:


  39. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    43,448
    OK The Parking Lot is a private members only forum. As such you can never bring that information to the public forum. That is why we put it in a private forum.

    I think this is getting too confusing. I'm going to move all couch discussion to the Parking Lot. That will make is easier.......

    Everyone who wants to talk couch move it to the Parking Lot thread.

    If your post disappears I have moved it to the Parking Lot.

    Thanks!!!!!


  40. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    colorado city texas
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by Pondering Mind View Post
    Tonight? Did they just walk through there tonight to look in the shed?...after dark? I'm on the east coast so I know it's not as late there as it is here, but still...hmm, interesting..
    no sorry it wasnt tonight it was a few weeks ago. when they did the first door to door searches. did they do another door to door recently? havnt heard of any but wow.
    protect our children for they are our future.

  41. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ajk For This Useful Post:


  42. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief View Post
    In the small towns you would think more would be seen, unless half the folks are related and all swear they saw nothing no matter what.
    We have an area in this county thats like that.
    yepper you might have hit the nail on the head ! If not kinfolks, perhaps birds of a feather !! IMO

  43. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to majieof3 For This Useful Post:


  44. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Central Illinois
    Posts
    10,904
    Quote Originally Posted by majieof3 View Post
    A breakdown,, HD house faces West in front of her house is the water towers , two blocks to the West and maybe a block over is the Dollar General Store facing East, then across the street facing the DG store is Alco facing West. If a person went to all 3 stores which you could in 5 minutes, I think at least one camera would pick you up, if there are any? These stores are all accessible by walking down and through alleys, that would actually be a short cut. IMO
    Shortcuts should really be checked out. Any place a kid can walk and be out of sight of most people but yet one person watching them.
    .............Any man's death diminishes me because I am
    involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
    it tolls for thee. . . .
    from Meditation 17
    by John Donne

  45. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:


  46. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    In the Sommer Thompson case they asked to search everyone's home within several blocks. Most people allowed it. If they didn't it was noted.
    And in Jessica Lumsford's case (missing 2/24)they search every one MH and fail to check a closet. LE didn't find Jessica until 3/19 across the road from her home.
    They found her because a confess. Jessica's case bothers me the most
    snips
    The detectives did a cursory search of the premises, looking for signs of either Couey or Jessica. Unfortunately they failed to check the closet in the room where Couey had been staying.

    snip

    Nineteen days after Jessica Lunsford was first reported missing, detectives returned to Dixon's home on March 14. Authorities were still trying to locate John Couey. They searched the trailer again, and this time they checked the closets but found nothing incriminating. However, in the bedroom where Couey had slept, they found blood on the mattress

    IMO that all they did in the search for Hailey (cursory check)

    http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/s...unsford/4.html
    "LIGHTING THE WAY HOME"

  47. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tfrohning For This Useful Post:


Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #34
    By Texas Mist in forum Hailey Dunn Reference and Timeline Forum
    Replies: 542
    Last Post: 01-20-2011, 11:58 AM
  2. TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #20
    By Texas Mist in forum Hailey Dunn Reference and Timeline Forum
    Replies: 667
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 11:27 PM
  3. TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #19
    By imamaze in forum Hailey Dunn Reference and Timeline Forum
    Replies: 595
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 06:08 PM
  4. TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #11
    By imamaze in forum Hailey Dunn Reference and Timeline Forum
    Replies: 840
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 06:08 PM
  5. TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1
    By darlin gal in forum Hailey Dunn Reference and Timeline Forum
    Replies: 777
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 09:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •