1306 users online (258 members and 1048 guests)  

Websleuths News

Family necro-cannibalism! (Not for the squeamish)

LUSAKA (Reuters) - Zambian police have arrested a man who exhumed, cooked and ate part of his grandson's corpse, police said Monday.

Police spokeswoman Brenda Muntemba said a hunter found the man eating pieces of flesh in a graveyard in Milambo, 600 km (370 miles) north of the capital Lusaka.

"The man exhumed a corpse and cut off some flesh which he cooked in a pot and started eating ... we went to the grave of his grandson and verified that he had exhumed the body," Muntemba told Reuters.

Muntemba said police had no idea why the man, who had no history of madness, had started eating his grandson, who died in July. The man was charged with interfering with a dead body and also for trespass in the graveyard.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I wonder which part he cut off and cooked?
    LOL, I have to start reading something else other than this thread! I think it is warping me.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

these things usually have religious connotations...like swallowing the loved one's soul, in certain cultures.

Reminds me of a famous Harlan Ellison story: A BOY AND HIS DOG. Don Johnson had his first screen role, when the story was adapted into a movie.

Dahmer did it because he didn't want them to leave him. Maybe this guy felt like he could keep a part of his grandson????

Quote Originally Posted by deputylinda
    these things usually have religious connotations...like swallowing the loved one's soul, in certain cultures.
    Some people believe that if you eat the brain of a deceased person that you will gain all of his/her knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by bookbakery
    Some people believe that if you eat the brain of a deceased person that you will gain all of his/her knowledge.
    '

Maybe that lawyer from the other case should do something like that . . .

Quote Originally Posted by bookbakery
    Some people believe that if you eat the brain of a deceased person you should be locked up and will most likely contract a terrible disease!

However some African tribal traditions DO dictate that the relatives of the deceased should eat their flesh.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for pretending to be someone I'm not.

1st

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    the man, who had no history of madness,

[/size]
    There's a first time for everything.
    This is my opinion, and change is good.