2011.01.25 Baez Unavailability and Correspondence

Aedrys

If justice doesn't get you, karma will.
Reaction score
Murder Docket Updated

01/25/2011 Correspondence

01/25/2011 Notice of Unavailability 2/21/11 - 2/25/11 (Baez)

Any guesses as to what this is about? I wonder why he's unavailable? I didn't think any hearings or anything were scheduled for this time period, but I could be wrong. Here's hoping Muzikman gets us the documents soon!

I don't like the sound of Baez on another vacation though. He sure takes a lot of those. :furious:

Maybe a death in the family? Major dental surgery? Something like that would prevent his full attention from being paid to his clients, that's for sure.

Maybe a cruise....trip to Europe.....getting his shoes shined??? Who knows. Can't wait to find out, though!!

Perhaps he's setting the stage to later request a continuance on having to argue motions on Mar 2 & 3?

Remember how he was all over Yuri for taking vacation in the middle of an investigation and now he takes a week off in a death penalty case...

Doesn't Baez have another trial he's working? Seems that he's had a continuance in it. I'll see if I can find it. I suspect the other Judge is just as tired of his excuses.

M-F sounds more like a planned trip. Probably a planned vacation scheduled for before the trial madness begins. can't fault him for that. Love him or hate him, he's still not the one that did the crime, and it isn't unreasonable to expect him to be able to squeeze in something resembling a normal life around it.

Any guesses as to what this is about? I wonder why he's unavailable? I didn't think any hearings or anything were scheduled for this time period, but I could be wrong. Here's hoping Muzikman gets us the documents soon!

I don't like the sound of Baez on another vacation though. He sure takes a lot of those. :furious:

Perhaps he's going to use some of the investigative hours and check out puerto rico ..:)

..those dates are a monday (21) through friday (25) , that sounds more work related than a vacation to me.

Perhaps there is a swimwear convention and he needs to unload a bunch of outdated bikinis to raise some cash to pay his mortgage... oh SNAP!

-----------------------------
I may have dreamed this...Doesnt he have a wife who is pregnant? I could swear I read it somewhere.It shocked me because I didnt know he married again..:seeya:

I may have dreamed this...Doesnt he have a wife who is pregnant? I could swear I read it somewhere.It shocked me because I didnt know he married again..:seeya:

never heard he got divorced nor that he married again

You didn't dream it, you read it one of ICA's prison letters, I'm just not sure which release.

Doesn't Baez have another trial he's working? Seems that he's had a continuance in it. I'll see if I can find it. I suspect the other Judge is just as tired of his excuses.

I agree. The question is going to be how JP responds to this. I know the potential for appeal has been discussed but I swear(believe, think, IMO...whatever you want to call it) that this is exactly what Baez is attempting to accomplish.

Novice Seeker

never heard he got divorced nor that he married again

I'm pretty sure he is still married to Lorena Mercedes Velasquez Garcia a much younger Colombian woman.
His second marriage, btw.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77