01-25-2011, 05:55 PM #1
MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 December 2010 - #3
Please continue here.
Phylicia Barnes is from Monroe, North Carolina and was visiting the Baltimore area with her family when she was reported missing. Police believe she was abducted and suspect foul play.
Anyone with information about Barnes’ whereabouts is asked to call Baltimore's Missing Persons Unit at 443-984-7385.
If you have any information on this young girl, you are urged to call 1-800-843-5678,or the Baltimore Maryland City Police Department at 1-410-396-2525.
Added 'tipline' additional number which appears in numerous MSM articles:
The Baltimore Police Department is asking anyone with information on this case to call 855-223-0033.
her missing poster:
Added info from Wednesday February 2nd, 2011 Baltimore LE presser:
We want people in the Bmore area to concentrate on that Tuesday. They may have seen something that makes no sense, that doesn’t seem significant to them, but in light of THIS, it may have significance to US .
Last edited by KateB; 05-01-2015 at 08:31 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
01-25-2011, 06:00 PM #2
Timeline from Thread #2
Pulling this forward for us.
· None of MJ’s brothers were around DB’s house on the 27th. (Per GIJ, Find PB postings, archived by GJ prior to erasure) Contradicted by MJ, who posted that one of his brothers was there on the 27th, but not LilGJ. (MJ Find PB postings, archived by GJ prior to erasure)
· MJ indicated he spoke with DB on the night of the 27th, about 11 pm or so, to say he was coming by on the 28th. (MJ Find PB postings, archived by GJ prior to erasure)
· MJ’s LBC spent the night at DB’s, and MJ was supposed to come pick him up. Peas Interview 3. Verified by MJ Find PB postings, archived by GJ prior to erasure. MJ indicated he has three younger brothers, this is his youngest brother, a teenager, and it isn’t LilGJ (MJ Find PB postings, archived by GJ prior to erasure) This person was referred to as a little brother and a cousin by DB/KB on Peas Interview 3. This person goes by “LBC” for WS purposes.
· The only people who had access to the apartment and to PB, and who would have slept at the apartment the night of the 27th were DB, MJ, PB, and LBC. (Peas Interview 3.)
· 8:45 am- In a brief interview, Phylicia Barnes' elder half-sister, Deena Barnes, 27, said her sister was sleeping when she left her apartment at 8:45 a.m Dec. 28. (http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...,2736197.story ) Verified (Peas Interview 3)
· 9 am MJ comes to apartment, picks up LBC and takes him to another family member’s house. (MJ Find PB postings, archived by GJ prior to erasure)
· 10 am or so PB’s first text to DB Peas Interview 3
· 10 am or so PB’s first text to KB. (Peas Interview 3)
· 10 something, MJ arrives back at the apartment to do laundry and pack. (MJ Find PB postings, archived by GJ prior to erasure)
· 10 something After MJ arrived PB was just getting out of the shower, and got onto FB. PB was talking with DB, and told DB that MJ was there, doing laundry. (MJ Find PB postings, archived by GJ prior to erasure)
· AM/early PM DB said they spoke on the phone and texted several times that morning and through the afternoon, mostly about setting up a hair appointment for the teen. http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...,2736197.story (Verified 1-17 on Find PB FB discussion, since wiped clean. From WS post #488,by NatLock on Thread #1. GJ verifies that this is what she read, also.)
· DB said MJ was moving out at the time and didn’t know MJ was at the house that morning until PB and her were talking on the phone about her getting her hair done, she was ordering PB some Neutrogena Skin ID for her face. She had PB doing a skin evaluation online and contacting a girl about her hair on FB. PB told DB that MJ was there when she talked to her on the phone. (1-17 on Find PB FB discussion, since wiped clean. From WS post #488,by NatLock on Thread #1. GJ verifies that this is what she read, also.)
o Clarified in Peas Interview 3 when DB said: I did not know he was going to be at the apartment that day, except for to pick up his little brother from the apartment. I did know he was picking up the little brother. Peas Interview 3
· 11am-12:30-ish pm DB and PB texted about beauty supplies and hair cuts. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../14/ng.01.html Also Verified Peas Interview 3
· Time??? Phylicia was last heard from Dec.28 via Facebook when she posted a note saying she was at her sister's apartment with her sister's boyfriend. http://abcnews.go.com/News/search-co...ry?id=12565597
· Between 10 something and 1:30 when he left, MJ indicated he and PB spoke about Christmas, and she was doing her hair, like she was going somewhere. MJ said PB mentioned that she was hungry and wanted to get something to eat from the store near the house (MJ Find PB postings, archived by GJ prior to erasure)
· 11:08 (last text FROM PB to KB) “She texted me while I was at work and asked me to come pick her up,” said Kelly Barnes, her half-sister. http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2010/1...re-speaks-out/ Verified Peas Interview 3
· 11:30 am Phylicia’s last Facebook post mentioned being hungry. http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2010/1...re-speaks-out/
· 11:38 DB and PB spoke at about 11:38, saying that they were going to try to make a hair appt. and get some beauty supplies together. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../14/ng.01.html
· 12:23 DB’s last communication with PB was 12:23. (1-17 on Find PB FB discussion, since wiped clean. From WS post #488,by NatLock on Thread #1. GJ verifies that this is what she read, also.)
· 12:23 (KB texted back to PB) “I started calling her, texting her, leaving her voicemails, everything. And nothing.” http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2010/1...re-speaks-out/
· 12:30 LE told NG PB communicated through text messages with half sister about 12:30 in afternoon. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../14/ng.01.html (Also in http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/15/...ex.html?hpt=T2)
· 12:30-ish KB texts PB before she leaves work in D.C. “Are you up and getting dressed?” No Answer. (Peas Interview 3)
· 1:00, KB calls PB. No Answer. (Peas Interview 3)
· 1:00 pm JS says that at 1, MJ said he was taking a nap, and DB had fallen asleep on him. (Told to JS, by DB) http://www.blogtalkradio.com/peasint...-simone-barnes (Verified DB says that MJ told her that PB was asleep at 1:04p. (1-17 on Find PB FB discussion, since wiped clean. From WS post #488,by NatLock on Thread #1. GJ verifies that this is what she read, also.)
· 1:20, 1:30 KB calls PB. No Answer. Texts PB, no answer. (Peas Interview 3)
· 1:30 KB was supposed to pick PB up at about 1:30, 1:45. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../14/ng.01.html
· 1:30 pm Family believes PB left to get something to eat. http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/reg...day-afternoon-
o “Police say they were told by Deena Barnes that Phylicia left the apartment about 1:30 p.m. and said she was going shopping.” http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#ixzz1BvBq3OTy
o From her missing poster :“It is possible she may have stepped out for a walk to get something to eat at a local establishment, but nobody knows for sure.” http://imaginepublicity.files.wordpr...12-28-2010.jpg
o Family members said she sent a text message to her sister. They did not divulge its contents, but said it appeared Barnes had left to find something to eat. http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...,2597415.story
o DB's boyfriend was the last one to see PB, at the apartment. DB's boyfriend left her sleeping on the couch, and he locked the door behind him. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/peasint...hylicia-barnes (Verified by MJ Find PB postings, archived by GJ prior to erasure)
o Ex-BF was moving out of the apartment, and says he saw PB asleep on the couch at about 1:30. PB said she was going to take a nap and then go get something to eat. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../14/ng.01.html (Verified by MJ Find PB postings, archived by GJ prior to erasure)
o Contradicted in Peas Interview 3 when KB says that the going to get something to eat, and taking a nap all came from MJ. KB did not verify the text from PB.
· 3:08 KB Calls DB to see if she knows where PB is, still can’t reach her by phone. DB tells her MJ said she was sleeping on the couch at 1:30, so she’s probably still sleeping. KB decides PB will call her when she wakes up. (Peas Interview 3)
· 4 pm JS has bad feeling about something. Not sure what it is. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../14/ng.01.html
· Time???“My daughter’s friends came home,” said Russell Barnes, “and the door was unlocked and the music was loud. That’s all they can tell me.” http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2010/1...re-speaks-out/
· 4:50 PM MJ came back to the house, PB was not there. His LBC was there. (MJ Find PB postings, archived by GJ prior to erasure)
· 5:00 pm Then, at 5 pm, MJ texted DB and said that PB was up and active. http://www.wbtv.com/global/category....partnerclipid= (no longer available Was raw, unedited interview with JS)
· 5:10 pm When MJ came back to the apartment about 5:10, the door was unlocked, music in the apartment was turned up extremely loudly. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../14/ng.01.html
· 6: pm DB then got home at 6p and found PB gone. She thought that PB woke up and called KB to come get her. (1-17 on Find PB FB discussion, since wiped clean. From WS post #488,by NatLock on Thread #1. GJ verifies that this is what she read, also.)
· After 6pm DB called KB, BB, MJ. Said MJ did not respond for about an hour. So DB called Uncle and Dad. Then called the police. (1-17 on Find PB FB discussion, since wiped clean. From WS post #488,by NatLock on Thread #1. GJ verifies that this is what she read, also.) Verified-- DB said she called, in this order, KB, BB, MJ, LBC, Uncle, Dad, LE. (Peas Interview 3.)
· DB said she heard back from MJ at 6:11. This contradicts her statement above. (Peas Interview 3.)
· 6:30 Brother BB got a call from DB at 6:30, looking for PB. DB called back 15 min. later, to make sure he wasn't playing a joke on her, that she could not find PB. He told her to contact their dad. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/peasint...hylicia-barnes
· 6:30 PB's father was texted around 6:30 pm, from DB. "911, I can't find PB." http://www.blogtalkradio.com/peasint...hylicia-barnes
· 6:30-7:30 Brother said DB's computer was still open when he got there, and PB's email was open. Brother checked her email (in/out box), history, spam folder, etc. He did not find anything fishy. She has Skype, and the only people on her SKYPE list are her friends. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/peasint...hylicia-barnes
· 7:30 DB calls LE. LE arrives by 8:30. (Peas Interview 3)
· 8-ish PM JS called PB, got voice mail. Called again 5 min. later, got voice mail. Called DB and learned the news. Had DB put LE on the phone. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../14/ng.01.html
01-25-2011, 06:13 PM #3
There are currently 996,000 google hits for Phylicia Barnes. With quotes there are 219,000 google hits.
Where are you Phylicia?
01-25-2011, 06:23 PM #4
I noticed I have not seen anywhere if JS has stated whether or not PB was one to normally take daytime naps. I wish JS would make a statement as to whether or not it was a habit of PB's to take daytime naps if she was up late the night before.
01-25-2011, 06:35 PM #5
Gosh from the above both MJ and DB have their timelines messed up. MJ says he arrived at the apt at 4:50 and 5:10 which is it?
Why would PB leave her email open if she was leaving the apartment willingly?
That concerns me..
If MJ knew (overheard/was eavesdropping) and knew KB would be there about 1:30 why wouldn't he nudge PB to wake her when her phone was ringing?
My hinky meter is still flying on MJ.
01-25-2011, 06:44 PM #6Inactive
- Join Date
- Dec 2010
Great time line georgiajean.
As far as little bro having a key to the apt, I don't believe he had a personal key. There was no need for him to have one if MJ worked at night, he would be home in the day. DB would have been home at night if little bro wanted to stop by. On the 28th of Dec, MJ could have easily gave key to little bro in between time, little bro would arrive (back) at apt later in afternoon before MJ to let MJ back in. Criminals always go back to the scene of a crime.
01-25-2011, 07:20 PM #7Registered User
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
These are my thoughts/feelings about each family member:
JS-I'm feeling sympathy
BB-I'm feeling sympathy
RB-I want to feel sympathy, but I am confused as to why he is keeping MJ from JS. Mixed emotions about him right now.
MJ-I'm feeling suspicious. I would like to hear him speak. I read the comments he wrote on the PB website (then deleted) and I don't blame him for deleting because those statements were contradictary. Also if PB and DB were as close as RB claims, that would give MJ a motive to harm PB, maybe being spiteful about her wanting "out" of the "relationship".
LB-I'm feeling disturbed. It seems I read some where (perhaps the Find PB site) that he was being rude and disrespectful to PB, including mocking her southern dialect. I think he is bad news and should be given a drug test. Don't know much about him or why he was there.
DB-I'm feeling uneasy. I have a lot of ?s: Why did she did leave PB alone with 2 male roommates? Why did she change LB to "cousin" after saying "LB" 4x. Why was she hesitant to give names and ages? Why was she so specific in her description of PB, when MJ was the last one to see PB? I feel that she is hiding something important. I felt in her voice that she still has feelings for MJ or is in denial that he is involved in PB's disappearance.
KB-I just flat out don't believe her statements. I'm a case worker for DSS and KB has the same language as the people I interview. It's that "double talk", when someone is talking a lot but saying nothing! I've been lied to many times from people trying to fraud the system and that's the feeling I get from her. I feel that she too, is hiding something. Plus if she only lives 10 min away from DB, why did she go half a day without checking on PB in person? That's a major issue for me.
SS -I'm feeling curious about the sister in NC. I want to hear her speak. I feel this is where ALL THE ANSWERS LIE! As I stated before, SS was in touch with PB throughout PB's entire visit and PB confided in her about things that were happening, some of which SS kept from JS until PB went missing.
All of the above.....................................JMO
01-25-2011, 07:21 PM #8
Hope this is not too OT, but I've wanted to say this for a long time regarding this case. WAY too much traffic in this apt. If I was a neighbor I would immediately suspect drug dealing. Even when I was their age and living with 4 roommates in a dorm pod we had no where close to these many visitors including the weekends.
My 1st place on my own was sharing a house with 2 other girls.Within a few months I knew this was not going to work for long. Trusted friends bringing over completely unknown people, eating all my food, and items missing. Not to mention trying to get some sleep while roommates and friends are partying away due to different schedules.
While there was a man of the house, MJ..after he moved out all persons who had been there previously knew there wouldn't be any more. Who could know that the worst of the worst would happen--a missing person. Still, you are setting yourself up for theft at the least.
I am hoping that person(s) responsible will be arrested soon. The fact that LE is still scheduling polygraphs makes me pause. Hopefully this is more to include POIs rather than still excluding possible persons.
01-25-2011, 07:36 PM #9
I don't think anyone has taken a polygraph as yet, is that correct? LE would like to get some scheduled and taken, but no guarantee people will cooperate.
I agree totally about the amount of traffic in and out of this apartment; I know times have changed, but this was not a college-aged young person, she is 27, a grown woman. Way too many people, especially men. But we can't change that part of this case, unfortunately. It just makes so much more work for LE to try to narrow it down. The place must be packed with fingerprints, etc.
Please, someone, have a heart...tell the police what you know. I feel certain that more than one person knows what happened and where P is...Just my opinion, of course.
01-25-2011, 07:52 PM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- Jul 2005
I have been following Phylicia's story since Day 1 and IMHO there is only one person that knows what happened to PB on 12-28-10. First let me begin with the fact that PB would not leave that apartment without a working cellphone, in slippers and no money or debit card to go get something to eat. If PB was still sleeping at 8:45 A.M. when DB went to work, why would she go to sleep again at 1-1:30 P.M? Why would she go to sleep if she had a empty stomach? How could she sleep on the couch with MJ moving and doing his laundry? JS stated on Nancy Grace that if Phylicia was up, showered and dressed for the day that PB would have not taken a nap in the afternoon. PB was knew that her sister was coming to get her and I think she would have been excited to be going with her shopping. Teens love to shop! She never had a chance to get her debit card on her person and PB knew she was going shopping. Something happened around the time of PB's shower. And we all know that MJ was at the apartment during this time. He was the last person to see her! If she has walked to Reisterstown Plaza the dogs would have picked up PB's scent and that did not happen. Someone by now would have seen PB walking to the Plaza and that did not happen. If PB was injured or killed, the apartment may have not been the crime scene. The apartment was where PB was taken from. The crime scene could have very well been elsewhere and that is the reason no evidence has been found to date.
I hope and pray that LE is still watching and listening to MJ, his family members and friends. I hope LE is watching his every move because as we all know he returned to the apartment later and he may return to where ever PB is now. Even though news and LE are stating he is not the perp, that is BOLOGNA! He will hang himself with his own rope. I will bet my paycheck on it ! Sorry to ramble on but all I want is for PB to be found so her family can know what happened to their beautiful daughter!
Last edited by sophclown; 01-25-2011 at 08:02 PM.My prayers are with Phylicia, Kyron andall children who are missing!
01-25-2011, 07:52 PM #11Inactive
- Join Date
- Dec 2010
Seems like POI (who actually committed the foul act) can be narrowed down to (two) people.
POI, (who assisted in cover up) can be at least 6 people
PB's online items, such as mail and FB probably was able to be accessed because PB probably got approached while still online. JMO
01-25-2011, 07:55 PM #12
01-25-2011, 08:01 PM #13
Something else that has crossed my mind. MJ knew the B family had a family member in LE. I keep thinking why would he risk harming one of them knowing they have a cop in the family? (not that it really matters, I know of instances where cops have had immediate family members murdered).
Then it occured to me if MJ smokes pot his evenings are our mornings being a nightworker. It might have not been out of the ordinary for him to get off work in the morning, smoke up a bit during the early morning/daytime hours before his normal daytime bed time.
Last edited by Cubby; 01-25-2011 at 08:10 PM. Reason: add
01-25-2011, 08:07 PM #14Registered User
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
Am I allowed to give info from a fb page of a relative?
01-25-2011, 08:09 PM #15Registered User
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
It sounds like LE is trying to be cautious in terms of how they are handling MJ. I think they should investigate the 10 yr affair with him & DB. Where did they meet? Was there any domestic abuse? Was it steady, rocky? To me this is all relevant because there is plenty of motive if MJ felt that PB was interfering with his relationship with DB.
Besides, no one bothered to ask DB, "why is MJ your ex?". Why did he have to move? Was it mutual? What caused the breakup? They should study this more because at first I was thinking DB was a bad influence on PB, but what if PB was a GOOD influence on DB??? Maybe MJ was jealous that DB was "changing" (if you will) and he felt that DB didn't need him any more because she could devote all her attention to PB in order to move on with her life (WITHOUT MJ).
hmm...idk...just talking out loud...JMO.
By Cubby in forum Cold CasesReplies: 440Last Post: 04-16-2016, 06:12 PM
By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Cold CasesReplies: 711Last Post: 08-12-2012, 11:57 PM
By Cubby in forum Cold CasesReplies: 563Last Post: 02-28-2011, 07:37 AM
By Cubby in forum Cold CasesReplies: 520Last Post: 01-25-2011, 05:56 PM