1194 users online (233 members and 961 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    does anyone know if americas most wanted was contacted they have a missing persons section on the website http://www.amw.com/mystory/ you have to upload a video about your story does anyone know if anyone has made a video on anna for media purposes? if not i think we should contact them. amw is now on lifetime network. if we send in the video and then everyone send in emails in regards to the video we might get some airtime

Quote Originally Posted by smile22 View Post
    does anyone know if americas most wanted was contacted they have a missing persons section on the website http://www.amw.com/mystory/ you have to upload a video about your story does anyone know if anyone has made a video on anna for media purposes? if not i think we should contact them. amw is now on lifetime network. if we send in the video and then everyone send in emails in regards to the video we might get some airtime
    Gina made two excellent videos of Anna and I believe they were posted on the MySpace sites. Perhaps someone else would know. I know that we sent them to the international missing children's organization.

i sent them annas info in the contact us form under other i hope that it gets sent to the right people i gave a brief on her case as well as the searching for anna website

this is the response i got from amw We know you would like a response as soon as possible; however, America's Most Wanted only accepts requests for stories or segments through the mail. Please send your request to:

America's Most Wanted
    P.O. Box Crime TV
    Washington, DC 20016

Please send a concise letter regarding the occurrence, a photograph of the victim and suspect, any newspaper clippings, police reports and the name and phone number of the detective investigating this case. All material sent to the producers will not be returned. If you cannot provide this information to the producers, please give this to the victim's family or the detective investigating this crime.

if anyone is willing to send over the info even if it was photo copys of the reports and such getting her story on amw would help and just maybe someone watching will have the answers and call in a tip

Coming up on the anniversary of Anna's disappearance. Any upcoming stories? Maybe a mention of a possible match will bring attention to the case, just in case not her...Prayers for her family.

Press Release

Quote Originally Posted by LMax View Post
    Coming up on the anniversary of Anna's disappearance. Any upcoming stories? Maybe a mention of a possible match will bring attention to the case, just in case not her...Prayers for her family.
    Thank you. I prepared a press release for the Coastsider, and their editor will be telephoning San Mateo County officials tomorrow to verify some points. And a professional photo restorer has produced a beautiful portrait for the 39th anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
    Thank you. I prepared a press release for the Coastsider, and their editor will be telephoning San Mateo County officials tomorrow to verify some points. And a professional photo restorer has produced a beautiful portrait for the 39th anniversary.

Thank you Annasmom. I'm looking forward to the press release and learning what the San Mateo County officials have to say. Looking forward to seeing the photo too when it is released.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

While researching, I found this article from July of 2011.

The county's forensic lab began its own DNA program in 2005. Earlier this year, the lab got a grant for $217,000 to address 120 cold cases dating as far back as the mid-1970s. Unlike current cases, cold cases at the county are done on overtime. The grant, which is expected to run through March, allows work on cold cases to be brought into the normal workday and the money even allows the lab to hire more employees to work the cases.
    <snip>

The disappearance of a 5-year-old Half Moon Bay girl is one of the cases that garners recurring inquiries. Anna Christian Waters was playing in her backyard, which bordered Purisima Creek, a little after 2 p.m. on a January day in 1973. Within 15 minutes, she was gone. Searches of the surrounding area were unsuccessful, and the family started to suspect foul play when her stepbrother told the family he saw a strange couple trying to lure her into their car.

"We have worked that (case) repeatedly ... Some of the cold cases are boxed up in files, but Anna Waters is very much still in our office," Gibbons said.

http://www.hmbreview.com/community/a...cc4c002e0.html
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Annasmom, I am sorry the coastside and local HMB media is not interested or appears to be not interested.

I am adding information for a journalist who focuses on missing persons cases. I think she will be very interested in Anna's case. I've read many of her articles on missing persons.

Isabelle Zehnder, columnist and newsperson, reports on missing persons, top news, and family issues. Isabelle has worked as an investigative reporter for over six years extensively reporting on missing persons, children and teens abused in boot-camp type programs, and other pressing issues. She has a legal background, has worked as a child and family advocate, and is a Certified Family Coach. Have a story to share?

Her email is at the link. I won't add it here at WS, as the webcrawlers would then pick up her email and send her all sorts of spam.

Please contact her! I am 90% sure she will be interested in writing about Anna.

Thanks.

Here's the link:

http://www.examiner.com/missing-pers...abelle-zehnder
    ~JMO~

Quote Originally Posted by LMax View Post
    That sweet face...thank you!

Just looking at this picture made me smile. I've been thinking about Anna, and her family, all day.

I just sent an email to CBS San Francisco asking them to consider a little documentary about Anna.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

Just saw this in the missing persons info and support only forum. Thought I would carry it over here.

Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    Dr. Phil's staff is currently working on a show about missing persons. If you want to share your story and/or have any outstanding issues that need to be resolved, or if you want advice from Dr. Phil, email information and pictures about the missing person and your contact information to Jennifer.henderson@cbs.com.

Dr. Phil reaches a very wide audience. His audience might be perfect for Anna's story. She might be a stay at home mom, or perhaps if she has children a friends parent or baby sitter might recognize Anna. Maybe former classmates who are stay at home caregivers.

This might be an avenue to consider.
    ~JMO~

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Just saw this in the missing persons info and support only forum. Thought I would carry it over here.

Dr. Phil reaches a very wide audience. His audience might be perfect for Anna's story. She might be a stay at home mom, or perhaps if she has children a friends parent or baby sitter might recognize Anna. Maybe former classmates who are stay at home caregivers.

This might be an avenue to consider.
    i think that is a good idea someone should send over the info to dr phil's staff

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast