1225 users online (190 members and 1035 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I am preparing an email today for Dr. Phil's Missing Person's show..
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

Quote Originally Posted by SideKick View Post
    I just sent an email to CBS San Francisco asking them to consider a little documentary about Anna.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/
    ~~
    I did receive an email from CBS San Fran and they asked for a local contact which I gave them. Fingers crossed they will seriously consider producing a Doc or at least flash Anna's photo on TV. Being a local station, I hope it reaches alot of people. Will update if I hear more.
    www.searchingforanna.com

Carrying this over from a post of our fabulous co-owner of Websleuths.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Looking for families and close friends of people who have disappeared
    for possible inclusion in Investigation Discovery show in its 5th
    season.

Disappeared follows real missing persons cases through the eyes of the
    families and investigators who work tirelessly to find these people.

We are looking for people willing to be interviewed on camera, to tell
    their story and all of the steps that have been taken in their search,
    as well as be willing to discuss their personal relationships with the
    missing person in order to help us tell the whole story. We're looking
    for unresolved cases and those that have been resolved and involved
    extensive searches.

If you would be willing to share your experience, please send an email
    to Erin at erin.browne@nbcuni.com

Please include:

Submitter name, contact phone, email address

Name of person who is/was missing, date they disappeared

Submitter relationship to missing person

Brief outline of known details. (When did the person disappear and what
    were the circumstances of their disappearance? Are there any thoughts as
    to what happened? What course has the investigation taken? What are the
    frustrations, hopes, and hardships your family may have encountered in
    the search? Are there any standout Investigators or organizations that
    have helped in your search?)

Please cut and paste any links to websites or news stories

[We will respond to emails as we can, and while we hope to respond to
    everyone who submits - depending on the amount of submissions, there may
    be a long delay and we may not be able to respond at all. Please keep in
    mind that not all stories will be a right fit for our series and that
    submission does not guarantee inclusion in the series.]
    Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Investigation Discovery Disappeared Needs Your Stories

I would love to see Anna's case featured on the Discovery series Disappeared. The show airs on Discovery ID. It initially airs here in the states first, but eventually makes it's way overseas and is aired abroad.

Here is the direct link to the site for the show, so Annasmom and Anna's family can have a better idea about the show.

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv/disappeared/

IMO, Disappeared is a bit less sensational than Dr. Phil and perhaps a bit less intrusive than the 'psychoanalysis therapist' style of Dr. Phil.

Also, I think the request needs to come from family or close personal friends, as the site is asking for direct relationship to the missing person.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-11-2015 at 05:42 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by SideKick View Post
    ~~
    I did receive an email from CBS San Fran and they asked for a local contact which I gave them. Fingers crossed they will seriously consider producing a Doc or at least flash Anna's photo on TV. Being a local station, I hope it reaches alot of people. Will update if I hear more.

~ Following up, Dr. Doogie did CBS San Fran ring you at all? She asked me for a number and I believe I gave her your number.

Thanks, SK.
    www.searchingforanna.com

America's Most Wanted.

America's Most Wanted
    PO Box Crime TV
    Washington DC 20016

Please make sure to note whether there is a known fugitive charged with the crime, or whether the perpetrator is yet to be identified. If charges have been filed, please note the police agency that filed the charges. It is also helpful to let us know what photos and/or video are available of the victim and the fugitive.

http://www.amw.com/about_amw/faq.cfm

~ I would gladly prepare a package for consideration to AMW if you people think this would be a good idea. I realize that they probably want a case where they can look for a perp. . Well, in a way, yes. Where is Anna?

Thanks, SK
    www.searchingforanna.com

Fox Reality Show

I just found a show on Fox called "Missing"--not the drama series, but rather a reality show which has pictures of missing individuals. Does anybody know anything about this? I wonder if we could get on.

Quote Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
    I just found a show on Fox called "Missing"--not the drama series, but rather a reality show which has pictures of missing individuals. Does anybody know anything about this? I wonder if we could get on.
    Hi!
    Would you have a link to the show?

thx!
    www.searchingforanna.com

Dr. Doogie or Annasmom, any thoughts on approaching local media for a 40th anniversary article? I wonder if media will light a little fire with the ME and CA-DOJ...
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Dr. Doogie or Annasmom, any thoughts on approaching local media for a 40th anniversary article? I wonder if media will light a little fire with the ME and CA-DOJ...
    I think it's a good idea, but frankly, I have done about as much as I am able to do with the media. After two very agonizing week-long sessions with TV people who never used the stories, and after submitting a dozen stories here and there and having them rejected, I'm pretty discouraged about any kind of publicity...and certainly would not want any more stories in the small local papers. These have just resulted in people (who already know the story) stopping me on the street and crying. I don't want to be negative about this (because it IS a good idea), but I need to tell you how I feel about being personally involved in such an effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
    I think it's a good idea, but frankly, I have done about as much as I am able to do with the media. After two very agonizing week-long sessions with TV people who never used the stories, and after submitting a dozen stories here and there and having them rejected, I'm pretty discouraged about any kind of publicity...and certainly would not want any more stories in the small local papers. These have just resulted in people (who already know the story) stopping me on the street and crying. I don't want to be negative about this (because it IS a good idea), but I need to tell you how I feel about being personally involved in such an effort.

Not negative at all, Annasmom. I appreciate very much your honesty about working with the media, especially local media. It gives me better understanding of what might be of interest to you when reading your above post and your post upthread about the show Missing on Fox. I wish someone would identify that TV program. I don't have TV so I'm not familiar. Hopefully someone else will chime in who is familiar with the show.

If I understand and read your posts correctly, you are more interested in something that would get Anna's picture and case details in front of a national audience in order for the greatest number of people to see her photo(s). Is that correct?
    ~JMO~

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Not negative at all, Annasmom. I appreciate very much your honesty about working with the media, especially local media. It gives me better understanding of what might be of interest to you when reading your above post and your post upthread about the show Missing on Fox. I wish someone would identify that TV program. I don't have TV so I'm not familiar. Hopefully someone else will chime in who is familiar with the show.

If I understand and read your posts correctly, you are more interested in something that would get Anna's picture and case details in front of a national audience in order for the greatest number of people to see her photo(s). Is that correct?
    Yes, especially if it does not involve my being interviewed once again. Thank you, Cubby.

Here's an organization that I just found online
    http://www.missionforthemissing.com/ that assists in searching for missing people, including cold cases. Not sure if this is an avenue that has been explored previously, but thought I would bring it up.

Hopefully there will be answers soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ndivine View Post
    Here's an organization that I just found online
    http://www.missionforthemissing.com/ that assists in searching for missing people, including cold cases. Not sure if this is an avenue that has been explored previously, but thought I would bring it up.

Hopefully there will be answers soon.
    Ndivine, it's always good to see that you're thinking about this. I wasn't able to find out much about this organization other than the fact that it was co-founded by a medium (red flag) and is not on the National Charity Reports Index, though its internet site is asking for donations. It seems to have only a few cases, possibly run-aways. Google seems to suggest that Kelly Jolkowski (Project Jason) is somehow connected with Mission for the Missing, but she is not...it is the name of the organization which brings up Kelly's name. Kelly, of course, has been helpful to us in the past. If anybody can find out more about the organization, I'd like to read it.

Story in Today's Half Moon Bay Review

I was very surprised to see a little story about Anna in today's Half Moon Bay Review. It seemed odd to have the 40th anniversary of her disappearance pass almost unnoticed except for the sweet comments you all have made on this forum. The story was accurate and did not mention family members' names, which actually was a relief to me. I wonder who sent it in.

Bump.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast