GUILTY MI - Amy Henslee, 30, Hartford Township, 24 Jan 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurkey Lou

Reaction score
http://www.wzzm13.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=150745&catid=2

PAW PAW, Mich. (WZZM) -- Van Buren County deputies are searching for a Hartford Township woman last seen by her husband Monday morning.

Investigators first received the missing person report about Amy Sue Henslee, 30, late Monday night. Henslee's husband saw his wife at home around 7:30 a.m. Monday, when he left for work.

Mr. Henslee told officers he tried calling their home, but his wife did not answer. He arrived at their home where he found the door locked and his wife gone. He told officers Amy Henslee did not have access to a vehicle, and left her purse at home.

a friend just posted this on facebook, can someone point me to that laundry list of what to do if a family member goes missing ?

I hope I did this right, I didn't see a thread for her yet.

Families of the Missing-Resources, helps, tips - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

This is the link for the tips for families, to get started...

Why was her husband trying to reach her at home from work? That is sometimes a red flag, at least it has been in other cases. Thanks.

I'm just now surfing and reading the articles. Told my friend to tell her family about y'all here. I posted the links for the family to the checklists. I don't know much more right now.

After surfing I don't see alot of info out there just yet.

I directed a family friend here as well, if they need help or anything.

Thank you Texas Mist, I wasn't sure exactly what to put in the title.

Just looked at the facebook page and was taken back by how beautiful she is
Hope she comes home soon :(

snipped.......
Henslee’s husband last saw her at 7:30 a.m. He tried calling her from his work at around 10 a.m. but no one answered the house phone.

After a half-hour, he drove home to find the door locked and his wife gone.

Henslee didn’t have access to a vehicle and left her purse containing her ID at home. She wasn’t on medication and didn’t have any health issues, according to the sheriff’s office.

Henslee is a white female, 5 feet tall, and weighs 114 pounds. She has brown hair and brown eyes.

Police say she was last wearing a black nylon coat with brown fur around the hood. She had on black Puma tennis shoes with pink stripes.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/01/missing_woman_from_hartford_to.html

snipped.......

For James, January 24th started as a normal day. He got up at 7:30 and went to work, Amy sent the kids off to school. “Had coffee ready for work, kissed her goodbye out the window and that's the last time I seen her,” said James.

James says he knew something was wrong when he called home around 10:00 am as he always did, but got no answer. When he drove home, his wife was gone, her driver's license and purse left behind.
“I thought maybe a friend stopped over and she went with them and would be right back, so I went for a ride to see her uptown and I come back and she still wasn't here and I knew if she wasn't back by the time the kids got off the bus something was definitely wrong,” said James.
James and family friends say it's not like Amy to leave without telling anyone and they say she would never miss greeting her two children after school.

Amy Sue Henslee is 30 years old, stands about five feet tall, weighing 114 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a black nylon coat with brown fur around the hood which James says looked like an Eskimo lining, and black Puma tennis shoes with pink stripes.
http://www.wwmt.com/articles/search-1386549-buren-underway.html

did she go for walks outside in the morning?

were her keys found at home or are they with her?

my prayers are with the family....

How much snow is on the ground there? Looks like Hartford Twp is in the lake effect snow belt/area of MI. Looking at the 67000 block of County Rd 372 on google maps, it looks rural.

How much snow is on the ground there? Looks like Hartford Twp is in the lake effect snow belt/area of MI. Looking at the 67000 block of County Rd 372 on google maps, it looks rural.

I'm roughly 30 miles south of Hartford and we have 2 feet on the ground. However being in the lake effect belt they may have nothing, or more than us. I'll see what I can find out.

Oddly enough I got to work this morning and everyone is talking about Amy, because her husbands best friend works with us here. I haven't had a chance to track him down and talk to him yet though. Small world.

I'm roughly 30 miles south of Hartford and we have 2 feet on the ground. However being in the lake effect belt they may have nothing, or more than us. I'll see what I can find out.

Oddly enough I got to work this morning and everyone is talking about Amy, because her husbands best friend works with us here. I haven't had a chance to track him down and talk to him yet though. Small world.

I'm about 1 hr 15 min east of Hartford, and we have about 10" on the ground.

Hope you hear something today you can share. I don't know what to think at this point. Husband says he found the door locked when he got home. And like nursebeme asked - what about her keys? Missing w/her or at home?

What about a cell phone. Does she have one?

What about a cell phone. Does she have one?

I read somewhere ( facebook? ) that her phone was at home, because he was dialing all of her friends numbers in her phone to try to locate her ? I'll see if I can find a link, it may have been a news story I saw that in ??

Also heard the backdoor was unlocked ? Front door locked ?

Wondering if she possibly went for a walk after getting kids onto the bus ? Only reason I can think to leave the purse at home, and leave the house ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine