1938 users online (338 members and 1600 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

PA - Devon Minor, 18, Beaver Falls, 20-Jan-2011

Hope I'm doing this correctly...

Devon Minor, 18 - Missing from Geneva College/Beaver Falls, PA since January 20, 2011. Reported missing January 22, 2011.

BEAVER FALLS, Pa. -- A state police helicopter flew over the banks of the Beaver River and surrounding woods on Tuesday, looking for a Geneva College student who hasn't been seen for days.

According to investigators, Minor walked into the Geneva campus cafeteria -- the Brig -- around 8 p.m. Thursday and ate some french fries. Then, he got up and walked out, and no one has seen him since.

http://www.wtae.com/news/26599960/detail.html

Article also states that: "Minor is described as African American, 6 feet tall, 165 pounds with brown eyes."

Photo at source as well as video.
    Last edited by Salem; 05-05-2011 at 04:00 PM. Reason: thread title

What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Here are a few more details on Devon Minor from Project Jason:

Devon left behind his keys, cell phone, iPod and both of his winter coats.

His wallet is missing from his room, and the most recent transaction in his bank account was on Jan. 14.

Devon has a thin build, standing about 6 feet tall and weighing approximately 160 pounds, Barlow said. He has black hair, brown eyes, and a close-trimmed beard.

He might be wearing tan-colored Timberland boots and a brown hoodie. Those items appear to be missing from his belongings.

http://projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=10882.0
    Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 01-26-2011 at 03:03 AM. Reason: added link
    The purity of a person's heart can be quickly
    measured by how they regard animals.
    Anonymous

This campus is located on the Beaver River, which meets the Ohio River just a few miles away. I hope we don't have another case of a young man ending up in water. We have seen a few this year already. It is a small, Christian liberal arts college.

I hate when I hear a missing person leaves behind wallet and phone. I just watched a case on TV last night about a young man, Brian Barton, who vanished in just this way almost 6 years ago, has not been found, from the Seattle area.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Police continue search for missing Clifton Heights man

Published: Wednesday, January 26, 2011

snipped......

Carson said the Beaver Falls Police Department set up a command post and searched the property contiguous to the campus, particularly along a nearby river bank, on Tuesday.

Minor’s roommates alerted administrators when they hadn’t seen him by Saturday morning. Minor left behind his keys and cell phone.

“We do not have any reason to think that harm has come to Devon other than the fact that he has disappeared,” Carson said. “We continue to hope and pray that Devon is safe and will return to family and friends soon.”

Eleanor Barlow, Minor’s aunt and legal guardian, traveled across the state from the family’s home in Clifton Heights to the Beaver County college and filed a missing persons report with the Beaver Falls police Saturday, according to university spokeswoman Cheryl Johnston.

“Since four family members have come to Beaver Falls from the Philadelphia area, the college has started a fund to assist Devon’s family with their expenses,” said Carson.

Barlow said Minor once left home for 24 hours while in high school and is a self-described loner. Despite that, many people are calling for his safe return.

In particular, Geneva College students started a Facebook group, “Praying for Devon Minor.” As of 5 p.m. Tuesday, 700 people “liked” the Facebook page.

more at link
    http://delcotimes.com/articles/2011/...ewmode=default
    Missing Persons Case Archive Albums ~ http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...nkycrankerson/

FBI now involved

FBI joins search for missing W.Pa. college student

- The Associated PressJanuary 26, 2011 9:05am EST

BEAVER FALLS, Pa. — The FBI has joined the search for a western Pennsylvania college freshman hasn't missing since last week, but officials say that doesn't mean they suspect foul play.

Eighteen-year-old Devon Minor was last seen leaving a Geneva College dining hall on Thursday. Minor's family and friends say he had posted a Facebook message about having a problem and saying nobody could help him.

About 30 volunteers searched the area around the school on Tuesday and found nothing.

College provost Ken Carson says Minor's roommates alerted administrators when they hadn't seen him by Saturday morning. Minor left behind his keys and cell phone.

Minor is from Clifton Heights, Delaware County, in eastern Pennsylvania. The school is in Beaver Falls, about 25 miles northwest of Pittsburgh.

Read more: http://www.centredaily.com/2011/01/2...#ixzz1C9PWNeLN

==================

If anyone can locate Devon's date of birth, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Soulscape

Hmmm.... there is another young man missing from just a few miles away

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124239"]PA PA - Michael Andres, 41, Beaver, 30-Dec-2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
    Don't be afraid to go out on a limb, that's where the froot is. ~ Yes, me posting MY own opinions/thoughts are putting me out on a limb...
    Please ignore typo's, I am on auto-type!
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." ~ George S. Patton

I hope he is found safe and well. I have been seeing this on the news for the past few days. My coworker went to college at Geneva and said that it is a small school and the Beaver River is pretty close to the college.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

search called off but he's still missing LOVELY!

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11026/1120737-100.stm

Did they talk about searching the river? Or maybe they think it is too soon to do anything that drastic...
    Just my opinion, of course.

What a handsome young man. I feel like the FB post was a call out for help. I wonder if anyone contacted him after that post.

They also found his wallet in his dorm room. Not good

http://www.timesonline.com/bct_news/...a-student.html

Search continues for missing student from Clifton Heights
    http://delcotimes.com/articles/2011/...ewmode=default

I think it's interesting that both Devon and Michael Andres are described as "loners", that they kept to themselves... Could they have gone to meet up with someone they met on the internet? Shy people might find the internet a good place to "meet" people...
    A run-away may leave on purpose, but that doesn't mean that they are able to get back home.... Never stop searching.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast