GUILTY Canada - Tyeshia Jones, 18, Duncan BC, 21 Jan 2011

luckyducky

Reaction score
CHEK News' Skye Ryan has the latest on the search for Tyeshia Jones as family and friends gather to pray for her safety.

on the 2:20 mark, reporter mentions the location where TJ went missing is just a few hundred meters from where a woman's burned body was found last summer, but to the relief of the community, the RCMP aren't making a connection between the two cases.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=630669921486&saved

OH NO!!! I checked twits, and found this :cry: very sad outcome :(

Police discover body believed to be Tyeshia Jones
ROBERT MATAS
Vancouver— Globe and Mail Update
Published Friday, Jan. 28, 2011 7:02PM EST
Last updated Friday, Jan. 28, 2011 7:26PM EST
Police suspect foul play in her death and anticipate the disturbing discovery will send a shock wave through the community, he stated in a news release.

more: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/british-columbia/police-discover-body-believed-to-be-tyeshia-jones/article1887161/?cmpid=rss1&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheGlobeAndMail-National+%28The+Globe+and+Mail+-+National+News%29&utm_content=Twitter

I don't know why young girls roam around the streets at night - not safe at all. It should not be that way - but it is. I found this new news item regarding search and mention of her cell phone that was found in a wooded area.
Dozens join search for Duncan teenager http://www.timescolonist.com/Dozens+join+search+Duncan+teenager/4175030/story.html

I KNOW. I had a long standing deal with my daughter---call us day or night, NO QUESTIONS ASKED and we will come and get you.
I promised not to ask why she smelled like pot or beer, just CALL US and we will be there and get you and friends home safely.
And a few times I did just that. I wasnt happy about it, but I was glad she wasn't stranded at the party, looking for questionable rides home.
She is now 18, and her wild party days were few and far between, but like most kids, she had a few. And kids need to know they can call for help if they get in over their heads.
NOBODY, let alone kids, should be out walking at 3 am.

ETA;;OH NO. Just read the post above mine. So sad to see that. God bless her soul, sweet baby.

Shortly after 11:00 am this morning, searchers located a woman’s body in a wooded area off of Indian Road in Duncan, BC.

The RCMP Forensic Identification Section are currently processing the scene where this body was located.

This examination is expected to take several days, given it’s scope and the complexity of the terrain.

Police have cordoned off a large area of land, bordering Indian Road.

http://www.897sunfm.com/news/island_first_news/news/Local/11/01/28/Tyeshia-Jones-Tragic-Discovery

R.I.P. Tyeshia
:rose:

I have been busy all day and went to check about Tyeshia - not what I wanted to see at all.

Terrible news. The family's worst nightmare has come true. I can't imagine what Tyeshia's loved ones are going through right now.

Duncan body believed to be missing 18-year-old

Police believe a woman's body discovered in Duncan Friday morning may be that of missing 18-year-old Tyeshia Jones.

The body was discovered around 11 a.m. in a wooded area off Indian Road, police said in a news release issued Friday afternoon. Police believe foul play was involved.

The last contact from Jones came around 3 a.m., when she texted a friend to say she was en route to meet another friend at a Superstore in Duncan. Jones never made it. Her cellphone was later found in a planter on Cowichan Tribes land.

Police have cordoned off a large area of land bordering Indian Road as an examination of the scene continues. It is expected to take several days, given its scope and the complexity of the terrain, police said.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Duncan+body+believed+missing+year/4189226/story.html

Do you know what happened to Tyeshia Jones?

Police and the family of Tyeshia Jones implore anyone with information about what happened to the Duncan teen to come forward immediately.

The body of 18-year-old Tyeshia Jones was discovered in a wooded area near the Indian Road cemetery on Friday morning.

“We also have to make an appeal to the public. Our experience in cases such as this is that somebody or some people know what happened.

This is the time to come forward. There is a family in absolute agony right now, and a community feeling that agony.

You need to do what you can to help investigators.”

Lagan urged anyone with information about Tyeshia’s disappearance and death to call the local RCMP detachment at 250-748-5522,

or anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

full article: http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/114841189.html

“We’re not working behind now. We are ahead because we’ve been doing so much up to this point and that’s going to be an asset to the investigation,” he said. “The family felt something wasn’t right; the community felt something wasn’t right, and that translated into us feeling something wasn’t right, and we proceeded in that sense.”

I want to thank LE for being right on the ball on this case. As we have seen so many other times here on WS, when an 18 year old disappears LE presumes the runaway scenario and waits quite a while before actively investigating. In this case the truly listened to the people that knew her, enough people to know that it was out of Tyeshia's nature to run away. And....they began searches quite early on. If only this happened more often.

In reading some of the comments at the bottom of some of the news articles about this tragic case, I have to agree with some of the people that are posting.

Scary and dangerous as it can be to be out walking alone in the middle of the night, I think we're going to find that whoever committed this awful crime was in some way known to poor Tyeshia. Most predators are not going to sit on the side of such a remote area at 3 AM on the off-chance that some hapless young woman will come along. I think she was grabbed by someone who knew she was enroute, on foot and alone that morning.

There are some rumblings in the comments section of some of the articles that this may in some way have to do with some of the apparent problems between those residing on the reservation (called the "band", by locals) and the federal government. I'm not from anywhere near Canada, so I have no idea whether there could possibly be any merit to any of this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back