Thread: Coincidence?

Coincidence?

I once read through some of Darlie's trial transcripts and came across something VERY interesting. The night of the murders, in fact less than an hour before, a woman who lived 1/3 of a mile from Darlie (I mapquested the addresses and found that they lived 0.39 miles from each other) experienced two attempted breakins. She and her daughter were up late watching a movie. She heard what sounded like tapping at her front door. When she looked through the peephole, she saw two men there both dressed in black (matching Darlie's description of her assailant(s)). She turned on the porch light and they left. Just a little while later, she heard tapping again, but this time it was coming from an empty bedroom. She looked out the window and saw the same two men and I think I remember that she said one of them had a knife. She scared them away again but didn't report it to the police. The 911 call from Darlie happened 30 minutes later. I think it is reasonable to propose that they had time to walk or drive less than half a mile away and commit the murders at Darlie's house.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aerow For This Useful Post:

I have heard that also. But let me ask you, two men are outside your house tapping on your door and window, you see that one has a knife and you do not call 911? I'll have to go back and read but I dont think that her story panned out.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TXN4LIFE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aerow View Post
    I once read through some of Darlie's trial transcripts and came across something VERY interesting. The night of the murders, in fact less than an hour before, a woman who lived 1/3 of a mile from Darlie (I mapquested the addresses and found that they lived 0.39 miles from each other) experienced two attempted breakins. She and her daughter were up late watching a movie. She heard what sounded like tapping at her front door. When she looked through the peephole, she saw two men there both dressed in black (matching Darlie's description of her assailant(s)). She turned on the porch light and they left. Just a little while later, she heard tapping again, but this time it was coming from an empty bedroom. She looked out the window and saw the same two men and I think I remember that she said one of them had a knife. She scared them away again but didn't report it to the police. The 911 call from Darlie happened 30 minutes later. I think it is reasonable to propose that they had time to walk or drive less than half a mile away and commit the murders at Darlie's house.
    Neither of the men she described matched the description Darlie gave of the alleged intruder. Which wasn't much of a descriiption anyway since she says she didn't see his face.

I agree with Tx, why didn't she call 911? Her story didn't pan out at all.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cami For This Useful Post:

Also, why would intruders tap on the window? Criminals that usually want to rob a house watch the house and do it when everyone is gone. If someone wants to kill you, they're going to come into your house quietly. Sounds like another Darlie supporter.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trooper514 For This Useful Post:

I never could believe that story because if I were in her shoes I would have called 911 as soon as I knew someone was outside my house. On top of strangers dressed in all black being seen outside her house....she stated she was watching a scary movie at that time she heard the noise. That would have made me grab the phone even faster if I were already scared from watching a scary movie. Never thought her story panned out.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JenniferTx For This Useful Post:

no real reason to post since everyone said what i was thinking. 2 men..at your house...dressed in black....visible knife...NO CALL TO 911! the light scared them off and they came back to the window and still no call to 911? that's just insane. someone was on her property possibly attempting to gain entry and she shrugs it off? good point about the scary movie jenniferTX, she would have had a heightened sense of the creeps.

also if we are going with the 2 intruder theory for darlie's case that just makes it TWICE as unlikely that darin didn't hear anything and no evidence was left at the scene.

i would be interested to know when this woman spoke out and gave her story. anyone know?

and aerow, thanks for posting. just because i have a hard time tying it to darlie's case doesn't mean i don't appreciate the post and something else to think about. if you believe her story it is food for thought for sure. it's just personally for me i cant find anything in this case that leads me to an intruder, let alone 2 in the house that night.
    what are your thoughts? do you believe there could have been an intruder that night? and what are your thoughts on 2? would one be in the getaway car why the other went in? not being snarky, just curious.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erinleigh For This Useful Post:

From an interview with Ann Zimmerman in the Dallas Observer in Aug. '98, Darlie said hypnosis helped her remember that there were two intruders, although she saw only one leave. One had darker skin. Brian Pardo arranged for the hypnosis, although now Darlie and her family have severed ties with him. If anyone wants to Google 'Darlie's hypnosis' there are several versions of the story. It keeps changing, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow_Ascending View Post
    From an interview with Ann Zimmerman in the Dallas Observer in Aug. '98, Darlie said hypnosis helped her remember that there were two intruders, although she saw only one leave. One had darker skin. Brian Pardo arranged for the hypnosis, although now Darlie and her family have severed ties with him. If anyone wants to Google 'Darlie's hypnosis' there are several versions of the story. It keeps changing, as usual.
    they don't want anything to do with Pardo because he believes Darin committed the murders.

Yeah two intruders who made no noise, never spoke and Darlie didn't scream to get Darin. Sure

I'm reading the transcripts right now actually and the story about the 2 intruders outside stuck out to me because it sounded like a lie. You would have to be insane to see 2 men outside your house weapons, prying at the doors / windows and not call police.
    I’m not saying Darlie or her defence necessarily had anything to do with this lie by the way . I’ve no idea about that. But it sounds like a lie.
    www.findmadeleine.com