Senator Seeks Study On Castrating Sex Offenders

belimom

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes~M.Kuhn
Reaction score
Senator seeks study on castrating sex offenders

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — A Virginia legislator is renewing his push to allow castration of sex offenders as an alternative to the increasing costs of detaining and treating them after they’ve served their prison sentence.

Sen. Emmett Hanger‘s bill would require the state to study the use of physical castration as an alternative to costly civil commitment for those deemed sexually violent predators. The General Assembly approved similar legislation four years ago, but then-Gov. Timothy M. Kaine vetoed it.

More here:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jan/26/senator-seeks-study-castrating-sex-offenders/

unfortunately, sexually violent predators are often not driven by their "hardware" but by the need to dominate and humiliate which can still be satisfied by other means with victims that are no less horrifying. I do not know that the loss of said "hardware" would diminish that urge one iota.

unfortunately, sexually violent predators are often not driven by their "hardware" but by the need to dominate and humiliate which can still be satisfied by other means with victims that are no less horrifying. I do not know that the loss of said "hardware" would diminish that urge one iota.

So true tlcox, but it isn't going to bother me if we remove their said "JUNK"!
That may stop their sexual urges then and satisfy some people.
I'm not going to lose any sleep over the predator who in junkless.

Goz

:yes:

It's their brain that offends, you can castrate them but it doesn't mean they won't offend again. The urge is still there, I believe they can use any object if they don't have their "junk"...one who sexually abuses, cannot be cured. They need to be put away for the rest of their lives, in order to not reoffend. JMHO

Well I figure it works on dogs so I don't see the problem with child offenders. I'm just not that sympathetic this morning and hey there's room at Guantanamo.

Goz

Oh don't misundertsand Goz, I would never mourn the loss of such an offenders junk or march for him to maintain the right to keep his junk. Just sayin I don't know that doing that would necessarily make us in the general population any safer.

Granted, rape is a crime of violence and power, not sexual satisfaction, so I submit this (perhaps in conjunction with "loosing his 'junk'") and this would work for the ladies too!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobotomy

Lobotomy

Inspired by the work of Italian psychiatrist Amarro Fiamberti, Freeman at some point conceived of approaching the frontal lobes through the eye sockets instead of through drilled holes in the skull. In 1945 he took an icepick[46] from his own kitchen and began testing the idea on grapefruit[47] and cadavers. This new "transorbital" lobotomy involved lifting the upper eyelid and placing the point of a thin surgical instrument (often called an orbitoclast or leucotome, although quite different from the wire loop leucotome described above) under the eyelid and against the top of the eyesocket. A mallet was used to drive the orbitoclast through the thin layer of bone and into the brain along the plane of the bridge of the nose, around fifteen degrees toward the interhemispherical fissure. The orbitoclast was mallated five centimetres into the frontal lobes, and then pivoted forty degrees at the orbit perforation so the tip cut toward the opposite side of the head (toward the nose). The instrument was returned to the neutral position and sent a further two centimetres into the brain, before being pivoted around twenty eight degrees each side, to cut outwards and again inwards (In a more radical variation at the end of the last cut described, the butt of the orbitoclast was forced upwards so the tool cut vertically down the side of the cortex of the interhemispherical fissure; the "Deep frontal cut".) All cuts were designed to transect the white fibrous matter connecting the cortical tissue of the prefrontal cortex to the thalamus. The leucotome was then withdrawn and the procedure repeated on the other side.

Freeman performed the first transorbital lobotomy on a live patient in 1946. Its simplicity suggested the possibility of carrying it out in mental hospitals lacking the surgical facilities required for the earlier, more complex procedure (Freeman suggesting that, where conventional anesthesia was unavailable, electroconvulsive therapy be used to render the patient unconscious).[48] In 1947, the Freeman and Watts partnership ended as the latter was disgusted by Freeman's modification of the lobotomy from a surgical operation into a simple "office" procedure. Between 1940 and 1944, 684 lobotomies were performed in the United States. However, because of the fervent promotion of the technique by Freeman and Watts, those numbers increased sharply towards the end of the decade. In 1949, the peak year for lobotomies in the US, 5,074 procedures were undertaken, and by 1951 over 18,608 individuals had been lobotomised in the US.[49]

One doc can work on the 'junk' while the other works on the motivation. In and out. :thumb:

LOL Iwannaknow gave me a giggle this morning :)

The loss of the "hardware" that penatrates their victims might not make a difference, but the castration of the back up junk resulting in neutering would manage that pesky testosterone problem which has been identified as part of the problem.

They have been using chemical castration (pills that affect the testosterone levels) for years with success for many of these offenders, but when those guys get out of prision or end psychological treatment, they often stop taking the pills and those urges return.

Unfortunately, there is also the psychological component.....and you're right tlcox, we don't know what, if any, other heinous crimes those guys might be capable of.

Sexual deviancy/psychosexual disorder can't be distilled into one size fits all fix. It's an extraordinarily complex problem of the mind, body and spirit.

Hormones and hardware and other organic and physical fixes won't even begin to broach the psychological issues. That's why these offenders usually can't be and aren't rehabilitated.

I say pass legislation like LA has at this time. http://www.thegovmonitor.com/world_...ator-laws-take-effect-in-louisiana-35083.html

It's a start. Not enough but a start. JMHO.

LA tried to put child rapists to death but those sentencing guidelines were overturned by a higher court.

I happened to have agreed with that sentencing.

We would have no need to worry if they were medication compliant or worry about if castration would be effective in protecting children...

if they had been convicted of the crime of rape of a minor and a jury of their peers deemed it an appropriate sentence to put them to death.

I really wouldn't lose a wink of sleep on that one. But that's just me. JMHO.

I'm willing to conduct the study myself............. All I will need is a box cutter and some salt. ;) With each and every castration I am going to do a free BONUS lobotomy. ( IMO it's all in the brain ) All I'll need for that is a phillips head screwdriver

Goz

Sorry, but I have a neutered male dog, and it hasn't slowed him down one bit. So I don't know why anyone would think it would be any different with humans.

Sorry, but I have a neutered male dog, and it hasn't slowed him down one bit. So I don't know why anyone would think it would be any different with humans.

Well, I don't mind if they neuter this dog
at all. In fact, I would do it myself. I'm not losing
sleep if a molester losses his junk. Anything to
to help the cause. Being the crime is not sexual
in nature, this would just be an added bonus.
It might just prevent the rape.

Goz

Well, I don't mind if they neuter this dog
at all. In fact, I would do it myself. I'm not losing
sleep if a molester losses his junk. Anything to
to help the cause. Being the crime is not sexual
in nature, this would just be an added bonus.
It might just prevent the rape.

Goz

You're post made me think of a catch phrase I hear here in the military community. (it's overused too lol)

Take one for the team. LOL

We need to have SO's take one for the team and surrender their junk?

Haha I'm in a silly mood sorry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back