FL FL - Adji Desir, 6, Immokalee, 10 Jan 2009 *Media Links*

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
090112NS-DesirAdji_t160.jpg

Naples News

Adji Desir 6 years old missing since January 10 2009. Investigators have learned that the boy is developmentally disabled and functions on a two-year-old level. The boy hvery limited vocabulary. He knows his name, but can not speak it. He understands Creole, but can not speak it.

Adji is about 3 feet tall and 45 pounds with short black hair and dark eyes. He was wearing a blue shirt with thin yellow stripes and blue shorts with flamingos going down the sides and black and gray sneakers.

Anyone with any information is urged to call the Collier County Sheriff’s Office at 774-4434 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS.

01/12/2009
Day 3 in the search for Adji, missing 6 year old
As the search for a missing six-year-old boy moves into its third day, law enforcmement officials are doubling their search area to find him.
About 150 law enforcement officers are in the Farm Worker Village looking for Adji Desir, who has developmental disabilities and the mind of a 2-year-old and went missing Saturday.
Law enforcement officials are concentrating their search on the Northwest side of the Farm Worker Village, according to Collier County Sheriff Sgt. Robert Brown.
More...

01/13/2009
Search for Adji turns to possible kidnapping
In an afternoon press conference, Sheriff Kevin Rambosk gave an update to the search for 6-year-old Adji Desir.
During briefing, Rambosk reconfirmed that Adji’s family had been cleared of suspicion, as was his biological father who remained Haiti.
And whether or not the family is here illegaly has not been put into the equation, said Rambosk, who added that it hadn’t even crossed his mind.
More... Video included...

01/14/2009
Adji's mother: 'I feel my life is almost over'
“I feel like my life is almost over,” said Adji’s mother Marie Nadia, 36, in Creole during a press conference Thursday.
With help from Collier County Sheriff’s Office translator Nymphgamey Oboute, Adji’s mother and stepfather gave an update on their family’s status and how they’re all holding up.
More...

50,000 fliers distributed for missing six year old
Over 50,000 fliers have been distributed in the hopes of finding a missing 6-year-old Florida boy.
The U.S. Postal Service and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children gave out the fliers Saturday with information about Adji Desir (AHD-gee De-ZEER).
More...

Del's 24 hour store owneer offers reward for return of missing boy
Del Ackerman, the owner of Del's 24-Hour Store in East Naples, confirmed today that he is offering a $3,000 reward to anyone who returns 6-year-old Adji Desir to his family alive.
Adji disappeared on Saturday from outside his grandmother's Farmworker Village home in Immokalee.
More...

01/16/2009
Adji search continues, 'nothing has been ruled out'
They’ve searched on land, trolling through the woods and farm fields of Immokalee on all terrain vehicles, on foot and on horseback.
They’ve searched in the air, circling the night sky with helicopters. And they’ve searched on the water, combing canals and lakes with boats and divers.

01/18/2009
Ground search for Adji called off
The ground search for Adji Desir was called off as of 8 p.m. Saturday night and the investigation will continue through tips, said Collier County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Jamie Mosbach.
“We are following up on all tips and leads,” she said. “No matter how small or insignificant you think they are, we want to hear them.”
More...

02/03/2009
The search for Adji Desir continues
It has been over 3 weeks since Adji Desir disappeared on Jan 10. Although the ground search for Adji was called off on Jan. 17, there has been a new push to find him and the reward for his safe return has been increased to $33,500.
Authorities are encouraging anyone with any type of information to call the tip line. Trish Routte of Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers said, "Please don't dismiss anything that you may think you know because we would rather go on a hunch than not be able to follow up on it at all."
Since Adji's disappearance, the Collier County Sheriff's Office has received 240 tips.
More...

A month later, missing six year old not forgotten
But as time passes by, Collier County Housing Authority executive director Esmeralda Serrata said she fears people might forget about Adji Desir.
“That’s been my concern,” she said. “This child is still missing. There is still hope that he is out there.”
The disappearance of 6-year-old Adji from his grandmother’s Farm Worker Village home in Immokalee on Jan. 10 shook the small community.
More...

National exposure of missing boy brings in several new leads
The Collier County Sheriff’s Office received seven new leads into the disappearance of 6-year-old Adji Desir after his case was featured last Saturday on the "America’s Most Wanted" television program.
"You never ever know when you go on any show whether you're going to get a lot or a little," agency spokeswoman Karie Partington said. "Its a matter of getting the right one."
More...

03/07/2009
Editorial: Missing children... as search for Adji goes on, can we do better?
Nearly two months after his disappearance and supposed abduction, two questions nag:
Where is Adji Desir?
Did his case get less notoriety than others?
With the continued pursuit and hard work of law-enforcement agencies and TV programs such as “America’s Most Wanted,” we hope to have the answer to question No. 1.
Dissecting the past for the answers to question No. 2 may be less constructive than resolving to move on and tighten local and national alert systems already in place.
We would like to see them built up rather than torn down. They have accomplished a great deal and can accomplish even more.
More...

03/30/2009
Deputies search new area for Adji Desir
Collier County deputies did another search for Adji Desir on Saturday. They were in Immokalee looking in area they had not searched before. No details on new developments have been released.
More...

04/04/2009
Three months later, the question remains: What happened to Adji?
Adji Desir's mother Marie Neida and his stepfather Antal Elant talk to the media about the search for their missing 6-year-old son. Watch »
IMMOKALEE — For Marie Neida, the horror of her son going missing continues to dominate every facet of her life.
“I pray to God for my son to come back home,” Neida said Friday.
More. Video included....

Nationally known psychic to search for missing six year old Adji
A nationally known psychic is heading to Southwest Florida to do her part in the search for Adji Desir.
Psychic Gale St. John was slated to arrive in Immokalee Wednesday night and will start searching today for 6-year-old Adji, who has been missing from Farm Workers Village since Jan. 10.
In an interview, St. John said she would be arriving at Orlando International Airport Wednesday afternoon and then she’d drive to Immokalee.
More...

04/16/2009

Detractors don't detour psychic's search for Adji
You won’t see Gale St. John walking around with a crystal ball or standing about with her arms outstretched asking for divine intervention — that’s not her style.
“We were out here around 6:30 a.m.,” St. John, 50, said Thursday. “We don’t want to draw too much attention. It’s hard to work, when you have that going on.”
However, St. John, a nationally-known psychic, has started making the rounds in Immokalee to help in the search of 6-year-old Adji Desir, who has been missing from Farm Workers Village since Jan. 10.
More...

04/18/2009
Psychic believes missing Adji may still be in Immokalee area
A nationally known psychic continued her search Saturday for a missing Immokalee boy, suggesting at one point that he still may be in the Immokalee area.
Gale St. John continued to search for 6-year-old Adji Desir, who has been missing from his home in Farm Workers Village since Jan. 10.
“It’s not only about being psychic always, it’s about properly searching the area,” St. John said Saturday.
More...

04/23/2009
Another psychic weighing in on Adji's whereabouts
I have been watching and looking into this case as I have had a little clairvoyant information about this case.
More...

06/26/2009
Parents of Adji, Baby Bryan holding out hope their children will be found
Time is the enemy for the parents of a missing child.
The first 72 hours are the most crucial.
After that, statistics show the chance of the child ever being found continuously falls.
It has been six months since six-year-old Immokalee resident Adji Desir disappeared from outside his grandmother’s house at Farm Workers Village.
More...

07/14/2009

The search for Adji entering a new venue
Facebook may be the new milk carton.
The Collier County Sheriff’s Office has taken a new approach in the search for Adji Desir, the missing Immokalee 6-year-old, possibly initiating a new trend other area law enforcement agencies will pursue in the future.
On July 10, the six-month anniversary of Adji’s disappearance, Sheriff’s Office officials posted a video about the case to the agency’s many Internet presences and asked members of the public to share it on the Web, including their profiles on the social networking sites Facebook and MySpace.
More...

09/05/2009
Adji's still missing, and parents at Golden Gate event want their kids safe
Better safe than sorry.
That’s exactly why dozens of parents attended the Collier County Sheriff’s Office and The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children’s free services event to help families be prepared in case a child goes missing.
“I just think it’s good to be proactive in these times,” Michele Anand, 38, said at the event Saturday at the Golden Gate Library.

10/14/2009
Adji Desir Case: Media opportunity Thursday
SUMMARY: Thursday will be Adji Desir’s seventh birthday.
Adji was last seen playing outside of his grandmother’s house in Farm Worker Village in Immokalee on Jan. 10, 2009, while his mother was at work. There has been no sign of him since.
The Collier County Sheriff’s Office is once again reaching out to the public for tips that could help in bringing the developmentally disabled boy home.
“We’re still hopeful to reunite him with his parents,” said Sgt. Ken Becker of CCSO’s Major Crimes Bureau. “But as time goes on it will depend on assistance from the public and that one person who has that little bit of information that will lead us to him.”
More...

10/15/2009
Search for Adji: Birthday sparks national flier plan to find 7 year old
Tips have nearly dried up.
But in the ongoing search for Adji Desir, Collier County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Ken Becker said hope remains for bringing home the missing Immokalee boy.
The breakthroughs in the Jaycee Dugard, Shawn Hornbeck and Elizabeth Smart cases in the last few years are proof.
“It’s just further evidence that there’s still hope out there that even long-term missing children can be reunited with their family,” said Becker at a press conference Thursday, which coincided with Adji’s seventh birthday. “And that’s our hope with this case.”
More...

Adji Desir search goes nationwide
Thursday is the seventh birthday of Adji Desir, the young boy who has been missing since January.
Adji was playing outside his grandmother's house in Farmworker's Village in Immokalee when he disappeared.
Law enforcement and volunteers searched the area for several days but never found any sign of Adji.
The Collier County Sheriff's Office is again reaching out to the public for help locating the boy.
More...

10/17/2009
Candlelight vigil held for Adji Desir
A candlelight vigil was held Saturday night for Adji Desir who has been missing since January 10th 2009.
The vigil was held by a group of women from 'Families United To Bring Our Children Home'.
The Florida group is known for traveling the state to hold vigils for missing children, and each woman in the group has their own missing child.
They arrived in Collier County just days after Adji Desir's seventh birthday.
More...

11/09/2009
Missing boy to be featured on Peoples Magazine cover
Adji Desir, the Immokalee 7-year-old who disappeared in January, will be one of six missing children appearing on the upcoming cover of People magazine.
The cover reads "Vanished Without a Trace: Heartbreak & Hope," and features the stories of young people who disappeared this year. The story was prompted by the August rescue of Jaycee Dugard, who was abducted in 1991 when she was 11 years old and held captive for 18 years in the California home of her alleged kidnappers, Phillip and Nancy Garrido.
More...

11/11/2009
Missing 10 months: Adji on cover of People Magazine
The picture of a missing Immokalee boy will be on news stands across the county. Six-year-old Adji Desir is being featured in People Magazine's "Vanished Edition" on Friday.
NBC2 sat down with the boy's mother Wednesday night to talk about how her life as changed since her son disappeared.
•Click the links in the "Related Stories" section at the right for more background information on Adji Desir.
More...

12/19/2009
Whatever happened to? Investigation into missing Adji Desir
Christmas for the family of Adji Desir will be bittersweet this year.
The family members will mourn their first holiday season without Adji and celebrate his seven-month-old sister Adjiani’s first.
“I miss my son,” said Marie Neida, 36. “My heart is very sad. I need to see him again.”
More...

01/07/2010
One year later, family and community still has hope of finding Adji
The picture of the smiling boy hangs prominently in Marie Neida and Antal Elant’s Immokalee home.
It’s one of the many daily reminders of what they’ve lost and pray to someday regain.
“I feel that they will find him one day,” said Elant, 42. “Everyday I go out and I think I will get the call that they’ve found Adji... we must have patience.”
On Sunday, it will have been a year since the now 7-year-old Adji Desir was last seen playing outside his grandmother’s house in Farm Workers Village in Immokalee on Jan. 10, 2009, while his mother was at work.
More...

01/09/2010
Damas mass slaying, Adji, campaign dispute mark first year
Of all the years to become sheriff, Kevin Rambosk had to pick 2009.
With a high-profile missing child case, the “most horrific and violent” mass homicide in county history, an ongoing investigation into allegations of illegal campaign work by his staff, and the most devastating economic downturn in decades, Rambosk called his first year as Collier sheriff the most challenging of his career.
But looking back, Rambosk also calls his first year at the helm one of the most effective he’s ever seen.
More...

One year later - Adji Desir still missing
In the 12 months that have passed since Adji vanished from Immokalee's Farmworker's Village, hundreds of tips have come in and the case has gotten national attention. But investigators remain baffled about the little boy's disappearance.
His picture still hangs on the wall of his home and Adji's mother, Maria Neida, says there is not a day that goes by in which she doesn't think he'll come home.
"I miss him so much," said Neida. "I still cry, cry, cry every day - every day."
"It's very hard because every day she still think about it," said his stepfather Antale Elant.
More...

01/10/2010
Anniversary of Adji Desir's disappearance
Photo Galleries

06/02/2010
New 'cold case' cards feature 13 new cases
Lee County inmates play cards with a special deck that could help solve crimes.
"All we need is that one missing link," said Velez.
With each deal, each pass and each play- those accused of wrong-doing could hold crucial clues.
"People talk, especially inmates. They're there all day, they're with each other and they're going to talk about these things," said Trish Routte of Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers.
What better atmosphere to do so than over a game of spades or hearts.
More...

10/11/2010
Group trains to help with searches involving missing kids
More than 41,000 incidents of missing children were reported to law enforcement in Florida in 2009. Those on the front lines working to find an abducted child train year round and we followed as the Fort Myers Child Abduction Response Team held a mock search.
CART has assisted in high-profile cases in Southwest Florida - including the disappearance of Baby Bryan and Adji Desir. Both children vanished and right now they, along with 300 other children from Florida, are considered missing.
More...

11/10/2010
Media needs to be color blind
Judging solely from the media, most victims of crime or missing people are young, pretty white girls, but that's not true at all.
Earlier this week, an article on BBC.com detailed the death of a young woman after a car accident.
The headline read: "Fife crash victim was a ‘beautiful girl' " and was accompanied by the photo of a blond-haired, blue-eyed woman.
This article was exact evidence for what people have begun to call "missing white woman syndrome."
The phrase describes the disproportionate attention paid to white women when they're a victim in some way, whereas other races and ethnicities are ignored.
More...

01/11/2011
New fliers created to bring new leads in case of missing 8 year old
Two years after the disappearance of Adji Desir, officials remain optimistic for the safe return the 8-year-old boy.
On Tuesday morning, Collier County Sheriff’s detectives, along with agents from the FBI and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement went door-to-door in Farm Workers Village and the Immokalee community, handing out several hundred updated fliers about Adji’s 2009 disappearance.
The fliers feature an image of Desir’s, with text in English, Creole and Spanish urging anyone who may have information about his disappearance to become a part of the Triangle of Trust, a partnership between law enforcement, the community and Desir’s family.
More... Videos included...

Two years and no sign of Adji, deputies hope for new tip
It’s a plea Marie Neida has been making for two years.
“Please, I ask everyone … Please give me your help! Help me find Adji,” Neida said in soft voice. “I hope the police can find Adji. Please help me find my son.”
Two years after Adji Desir went missing from his grandmother’s Farm Workers Village home, investigators are no closer to finding out what happened to the autistic child.
More...

2 years later, search for Adji continues
On the two year anniversary of the date Adji Desir disappeareaed while playing outside his grandmother's house in Farm Worker's Village, Collier County deputies and other law enforcement agencies will go door to door handing out a new flier.
More...

Investigation continues in child's disappearance
Two years ago on Monday, a search began for 6-year-old Adji Desir after he went missing while playing outside of his grandmother's house in Farm Worker Village in Immokalee.
The Collier County Sheriff's Office has never stopped searching for Adji. CCSO and Adji's family still hold out hope they will find out what happened.

New fliers created to bring new leads
Two years after the disappearance of Adji Desir, officials remain optimistic for the safe return the 8-year-old boy.
On Tuesday morning, Collier County Sheriff’s detectives, along with agents from the FBI and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement went door-to-door in Farm Workers Village and the Immokalee community, handing out several hundred updated fliers about Adji’s 2009 disappearance.
More...

Deputies go door to door in renewed search for Adji
Two years after his disappearance, Collier County deputies are still searching for Adji Desir. Deputies and volunteers from The Fireball Run handed out new fliers hoping to spark new leads in the case.
"We drive across the country and look for missing children," said Robert Fox of The Fireball Run.
Fox and members of the group pass out fliers for missing children as they travel from state to state.
"If we can do one good thing - find one child across the state- we've done our job," said Fox.
More...

Family of missing Immokalee boy hold out hope for his return
It's been three years to the day that a six-year old Immokalee boy vanished. Still no one knows how Adji Desir disappeared, but his family and law enforcement still hold out hope.
Jesula Lebaud is still sickened by the memory of her grandson vanishing from her own front yard.

Age progressed photo of missing boy released
The Collier County Sheriff's Office has released an age-progressed photo of Adji Desir, who has been missing since January 10, 20009.

Adji was 6-years-old when he disappeared while playing outside his grandmother's house in Farm Worker Village in Immokalee.

The age progressed photo was created by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. It shows how Adji would look now – at 9-years-old.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back