Idaho snake house

IWannaKnow

Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41201177/ns/us_news/

For Sale Cheap: House infested with slithering snakes
By Laura Zuckerman

SALMON, Idaho — An Idaho home that has been infested with thousands of snakes for at least five years has been put up for sale for $66,000 less than its estimated market value after the recent owners gave up and walked away.

The five-bedroom home in Rexburg, Idaho was taken over last year by the lender, Chase Bank, after the owners left and let it lapse into foreclosure because of the serpents slithering around in the ceilings and walls.

The residents are believed to be common garter snakes, a type found throughout the United States. They are not poisonous and are harmless to humans.

"It's not a problem; it's an infestation," said Todd Davis, associate broker with Realty Quest in Rexburg, who is trying to sell the home. "It's been a horrible experience."

http://www.rexburgstandardjournal.c...cle_62840356-2446-11e0-8a27-001cc4c002e0.html

‘Snake House’ up for sale again
by SHANNON SELF

"We were told that the previous owners in there didn't want to make their payment because they made up a story that there were snakes there, that they didn't want to pay their mortgage so they made up a snake story," Ben Sessions said.

The couple was also informed that every precaution was taken to ensure there wasn't a snake problem. They trusted the real estate agent that the information they had been told was true.

Later, the Sessions learned that the story of the snakes was not made up, and there was a problem.

The Sessions were forced to file for bankruptcy and the house was foreclosed.

Davis had requested the bank to get the house inspected and find out what it would take to rid of the problem. The bank sent an inspector, who estimated in December there were about 400 to 500 snakes at the house. The latest assessment from the inspector is that there are multiple thousands of snakes.:eek:

The house was remodeled about five years ago, and it is believed that is when the snakes got access to the home because it was exposed.

Cute little house.

http://www.judyhobbs.com/MyHomeDtl.asp?lstPages=1&HomeID=1153720#

One article I read said that the owner opened the door to the pump house and a ball of hundreds of snakes fell on his head :eek:

And to have to file bankruptcy.....after they were lied to (allegedly). I thought you could contest that if it wasn't properly disclosed? :snake:

why Why WHY did I click on this thread, lol. Snakes - argh! Just the sight of words like "infested" and "slithering" cause faintness. Needless to say, I did not do myself proud in two encounters with snakes in my own house.

Understatement of the Year So Far:
Later, the Sessions learned that the story of the snakes was not made up, and there was a problem.

OMG I would so love to snap that house up if funds were available!

We are a snake lovin family and my two youngest (10 and 6) have been catching garter snakes since they could toddle. Often in summer, it is nothing for them to drag 10 to 20 snakes in from the back yard. I could have the kids help me clean up this mess in no time for no cost other than fun for my kids and get a good deal on the house at the same time!

Well tlcox, you should contact Chase. They own the place now and said they needed a "snake lover" to take it. Sounds like you would fit the bill. All I can say is better you than me......the ball falling on my head would have been the end. Bet you could get a really good deal. Hope you like cold and snow.

Would I be mean if I sent my husband an email with the link attached?

He is terrified of snakes.

I'll wait and see how he acts tonight...............:cool:

Would I be mean if I sent my husband an email with the link attached?

He is terrified of snakes.

I'll wait and see how he acts tonight...............:cool:
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I remember seeing a case like this on the news here about 20 years ago. Thousands of snakes were in the walls and the attic of an inhabited home. :noooo: I have no idea of the outcome because that was one news story I did NOT follow.

Why did it have to be snakes?!!
willy_nilly_th.gif

I saw this!

I think it was on Animal Planet called, Infested! They also profiled a house with ants, and a house with spiders. For the Snake House, they said that the house is built right in the wooded area of humid marshlands and thickets where the snakes breed constantly. They built a den under the house, and the show said that at least two owners had to move.

Several exterminator tried everything and they could not get rid of the snakes. I believe it was said that they would have to raise the house, find some way to kill the whole den and keep other snakes from coming in, check and re-check the interior of the house, and reinforce it with concrete construction all around and under it so the sakes can't get under the house or potentially in it. I may not be sure about everything in the documentary. It's been awhile since I saw it.

Has this been done? Is anyone living there now?

Satch

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back