1073 users online (205 members and 868 guests)  

Websleuths News

a little west of southern hospitality.

Piano Bar: Teen explains origins of mystery piano

When I saw the original video of this piano, being an "artist" myself, I became really inspired.
    There are two trying to claim the authentication of placing this piano 600 ft from the shore in FL. The video goes into detail about how many have used this piece in their own work, even a photographer from National Geographic - and the picture was published.

Whomever placed it, when they get down to who really did it, could face a felony charge. Sort of a shame at how the community reacted to it, but the law is the law.

Teen explains origins of mystery piano
    By Josh Levs, CNN
    January 27, 2011 11:36 a.m. EST

[This is my first post ever, so if I did anything wrong please msg me to fix it. Just thought this story could bring a smile to some faces, or at least the convo if they (whomever it was) should be charged, or not.]
    "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." - James Dewar

Lol, good job on your first thread start sherbert

I have been following the mysterious piano story this week. It lighted up an otherwise awful news week. TY for clearing up the who and the how and the why.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

Who Dat Nation
    I appreciate the absurdism, too, Sherbet. It's understandable that most folks would consider it an irresponsible and foolish act, but it's that kind of ingenuity that sometimes leads to great endeavors. Time will tell.
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

Central Florida
    I loved the reference as Piano Key.

wonder if billy joel will make a visit