GUILTY MI - Amy Henslee, 30, Hartford Township, 24 Jan 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
balaney - IIRC - Beebe said he doesn't work - he takes care of his father.

Will look for a link where it was stated.

Tonya Howarth, mother of two teenager daughters, was outgoing, friend remembers

Published: Friday, January 28, 2011, 2:20 PM Updated: Friday, January 28, 2011, 2:24 PM

Tonya Howarth was so proud of herself for going back to school and graduating from Everest Institute in Kalamazoo.

The 36-year-old mother of two teenage daughters wanted a better life for herself. Her plan next was to find a job as a pharmacy technician.

"Girl, I did it!" she told her friend Kim Wojciehowski, according to Wojciehowski.

snipped.........

The relationship between Howarth and Beebe was turbulent, and at times, abusive, friends said.

"It was a nasty blow-out argument all the time," said Wojciehowski, who lived next door to the house where the couple sometimes lived in Bangor. "They never hid it."

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/01/tonya_howarth_mother_of_two_te.html

Ok, not trying to offend anyone here. This is a general statement.

Murdering 2 people and burying them is an unforgivable crime. This guy seems to be a really bad person to say the least.

BUT, living in a trailer in the woods, calling yourself Junior, wearing Tapout clothes, and participating in mixed martial arts does not make someone a criminal.
Wearing tapout clothes has nothing to do with living in a city or in the country. My cousin lives in Dallas *big city* and wears tapout clothes all the time.
We are not violent people but we do order UFC fights on the weekends sometimes on PPV. Mixed martial arts is a sport.

I just hate when I see sterotyping done on our forum. He is not a bad person because of the clothes he wears or where he lives. He is not a violent person because he partakes in UFC events. He is a bad person because he killed 2 people. We know he is violent because he killed 2 people.

JMO and all that jazz.

This is the article that has the video of Jr fighting. If you look at the photo tab above the video you will also find a picture of Tonya. I think it is number 4 in the photos.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/family-says-Beebe-has-anger-issues

and her daughter is in that pic which would make sense from hearing when Tonya said "she should have ticked him off before going into the ring" and then someone saying "calm down mom" this would make sense to me. IMO

Tonight at 6: Parents of Tonya Howarth Speak to FOX 17

In an exclusive interview, the murder victims parents say the suspect had a history of abusing their daughter

2:21 p.m. EST, January 28, 2011

Tonight at 6, the parents of murder victim Tonya Howarth are speaking exclusively with FOX 17 News.

After watching the news closely about the disappearance of Amy Sue Henslee, they had no idea their daughter was connected. They didn't know until this morning that their daughter was a murder victim in the case.

They're speaking out about how they want their daughter to be remembered, her long and often violent relationship with the suspect, and the children she leaves behind.

Her parents call her a "very loving person, who will be greatly missed."
http://www.fox17online.com/news/fox17-parents-victim-tonya-howarth-speak-fox,0,3483086.story

I wonder what the lawyer who has to represent feels about what he will have to defend and justify two mothers being taken from their children? Jw that's got to be tough.

Tonight at 6: Parents of Tonya Howarth Speak to FOX 17

In an exclusive interview, the murder victims parents say the suspect had a history of abusing their daughter

2:21 p.m. EST, January 28, 2011

Tonight at 6, the parents of murder victim Tonya Howarth are speaking exclusively with FOX 17 News.

After watching the news closely about the disappearance of Amy Sue Henslee, they had no idea their daughter was connected. They didn't know until this morning that their daughter was a murder victim in the case.

They're speaking out about how they want their daughter to be remembered, her long and often violent relationship with the suspect, and the children she leaves behind.

Her parents call her a "very loving person, who will be greatly missed."
http://www.fox17online.com/news/fox17-parents-victim-tonya-howarth-speak-fox,0,3483086.story

weren't told until this morning, but we here knew last night local time...
is it practice to wait for official confirmation before telling the loved ones?

hey everyone! newbie here. have lurked randomly thru-out the years, but this case is close to home so i finally registered so i could post.

i live in an equally small town (probably even a little smaller) as hartford, about 25 miles away, and this is devastating.

her family/friends are having a spaghetti dinner/bake sale/silent auction on sunday between 3-6 for anyone in the area... i'm taking baked goods for the sale, and beverages for the dinner. i kno they are still looking for more donations as well. also, they have set up a fund for the children thru chemical bank. i believe you can donate thru their website. (i believe most of this info is also posted elsewhere on amy's memorial page.)

that being said... i've been noticing everyone's speculation on things involving drugs, etc. and while i think it's waaaay too soon to say that drugs had anything to do w/ amy and tonya's death, people's theories about "back woods, trailers, etc etc etc" isn't too far off in his part of sw michigan. everyday we have MULTIPLE meth labs, mobile meth labs, pop bottle meth labs, etc busted around these 3 tri-counties (cass, van buren, berrien) -- it's ruined so many lives around here.

i wanted to add my thoughts about his confession to tonya's murder but not amy's... i think it either has something to do with shame re: she's a family member, or, possibly he really DIDN'T kill her. like you have all said, why admit to one and not the other? i have a feeling that the details will come out eventually. these towns are TINY, and while there are a lot of rumors spread in small towns, there always seems to be that little bit of truth that comes out in the end.

RIP tonya and amy.

Another thought I wish Michigan had the death penalty. We shouldn't have to pay for murderers to stay in jail for 20+ years ...also what makes their life more valuable then the ones they take? Eye for an eye! Also some of the people in jail get a better education then some of our kids & we all are lucky enough to pay for it! Personally I do not agree with that! Let's spend those tax dollars usefully

:seeya: CROCUS, Thanks for keeping us updated on all the news. It is much appreciated!!! :yourock:

hey everyone! newbie here. have lurked randomly thru-out the years, but this case is close to home so i finally registered so i could post.

i live in an equally small town (probably even a little smaller) as hartford, about 25 miles away, and this is devastating.

her family/friends are having a spaghetti dinner/bake sale/silent auction on sunday between 3-6 for anyone in the area... i'm taking baked goods for the sale, and beverages for the dinner. i kno they are still looking for more donations as well. also, they have set up a fund for the children thru chemical bank. i believe you can donate thru their website. (i believe most of this info is also posted elsewhere on amy's memorial page.)

that being said... i've been noticing everyone's speculation on things involving drugs, etc. and while i think it's waaaay too soon to say that drugs had anything to do w/ amy and tonya's death, people's theories about "back woods, trailers, etc etc etc" isn't too far off in his part of sw michigan. everyday we have MULTIPLE meth labs, mobile meth labs, pop bottle meth labs, etc busted around these 3 tri-counties (cass, van buren, berrien) -- it's ruined so many lives around here.

i wanted to add my thoughts about his confession to tonya's murder but not amy's... i think it either has something to do with shame re: she's a family member, or, possibly he really DIDN'T kill her. like you have all said, why admit to one and not the other? i have a feeling that the details will come out eventually. these towns are TINY, and while there are a lot of rumors spread in small towns, there always seems to be that little bit of truth that comes out in the end.

RIP tonya and amy.

Welcome to WS!!!! Glad you are here.

RIP tonya and amy.

:welcome:

And bless you for helping with the fundraiser!

I agree I think he's not admitting to Amy to save face in some weird way to family

RIP tonya and amy.

:Welcome1: I'm sorry it's under such sad circumstances. But, we're glad you're here.

Welcome gubler love!

Yes - the meth problems have really spiraled. Seems like every single day there is something in the news about a bust and arrests for meth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain