TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #48

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Hailey20Dunn-120lr.gif

Hailey is 13 years old. She was heading to stay with a friend on Monday Dec. 27th but never made it. She is 5'1" with hazel eyes and brown hair. She also has pierced ears. She was last seen at 1804 Chestnut, wearing navy blue sweat pants, a light colored T-shirt and pink and white shoes.
Anyone who has seen Hailey contact the Colorado City Police Dept. at 325-728-5294

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4
Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8
Thread #9 Thread #10
Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14
Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18
Thread #19 Thread #20
Thread #21 Thread #22
Thread #23 Thread #24
Thread #25 Thread #26
Thread #27 Thread #28
Thread #29 Thread #30
Thread #31 Thread #32
Thread #33 Thread #34
Thread #35 Thread #36
Thread #37 Thread #38
Thread #39 Thread #40
Thread #41 Thread #42
Thread #43 Thread #44
Thread #45 Thread #46
Thread #47

Media Links
Sar information for Hailey Dunn
Hailey Dunn Facebook/You Tube/MM site

You must read this post and hit the 'thanks' button before you post in this thread.

We do not allow rumors to be posted or perpetuated at WS.
Do not post a rumor or respond to a rumor.

No bashing Law Enforcement.

Direct quotes and screenshots from social networking sites are not allowed at WS.
You may discuss what is on a social networking site but must include the link. However, do not discuss or link to sites that are private.
Please do not post about other posters. That is a TOS violation because it is rude. It’s like talking behind someone’s back.
The only appropriate way to respond to problematic posts is to hit the alert button. We will then look at the post and handle it asap. Do not respond to a problematic post. That compounds the problem and delays the solution.
We do not allow the posting of personal information about people who have not been named as a POI or suspect by LE or MSM.
You must include a link to where you found the information in your post.
Just because a person is connected to a case doesn't mean we can immediately start using his/her name, even if it is an adult. There is no need to drag innocent people through the mud.
If people start talking to the media about the case then yes, they have decided they want their identity known. Then you can use their names in posts here at WS.
If suspects and family members are talked about in the major media outlets, you can use their names in posts here at WS.

We don't allow name posting of minors’ names, except for Hailey's, of course.

The full WS TOS and "rules" can be found here: The Rules

'Insiders' or "Locals"
Before you post ANY inside information that could help this case PLEASE report it to the police first. Here at Websleuths, we don't care about having "scoops" or "bombshells." We care about the cases, the people involved, and making sure Websleuths is not hindering the investigation by allowing people to post inside information that the police do not have yet.
If you know Hailey or her family and want to post about her, then WS admin needs to talk to you. Please email wsverify@xmission.com
Include:
The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.
In the subject line please put which case you are asking to be verified on.
It will all be kept strictly confidential.
Unless what you are saying can be verified by law enforcement and/or the media, it is not considered a "fact" here. You may personally know for 100% certainty that it is true, but unless you are verified and/or can back it up with a link, we do have to consider it to be a rumor. This is not to single anyone out or to ignore information, but to maintain the integrity of a case and keep the best interests of the victims at the forefront.
Please do what is right by the case first before you post anything on Websleuths.
Do not post about private conversations with case players unless the case player is aware that the conversation is going public.
If you are a local or insider and your posts do not include any "inside" information, you do not need to be verified. Please remember, however, that information as simple as what Mom does for a living or where BF works are considered inside information.

Check for professional and locals here...
Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Please Continue here...

No more Topix to be linked or discussed on the Hailey Dunn Threads.

There are too many rumors there that are not allowed here.

Thank this post so we know you've read it.

Originally Posted by grandmaj
I'm seeing questions about sleuthing. Let me try to explain.

Persons named as a POI or Suspect are fully sleuthable.
Minors are never sleuthable. When copying a quote from MSM we even change minor's names to initials only.

Everyone else. You can discuss what they have said in media appearances, what the news has quoted them as saying, and their actions as reported in the news. We don't get into their personal lives, accuse them, discuss their background unless it is in MSM. Only discuss them so far as what MSM is reporting.

I hope this helps simplify sleuthing. I don't know too many people who don't have a skeleton or two in their closet. Just because they are related to, or somehow associated to a case like this, we can't destroy their reputation. Sometimes these associates or relatives move from this category to POI. Then the rules of sleuthing change.
If you have questions drop a Moderator a PM and then you will know you are on safe ground before posting.
Carry ON. :heart: Hailey.

I am interested to see how long it takes for the BSPD to contact the CCPD to compare the hair they found with some from HD's brushes/clothing/pillows etc. Hopefully that can be done quickly to see if the search area needs to be moved from Scurry county to Howard county.

IIRC, BD stated she was on Ativan when she was on NG's show, of which, is Lorazepam. It is difficult to read the prescription bottle with only the last few letters show. IMO, I am going with Ativan as BD stated it on NG's show.

Ativan and Klonopin are so similar that it really doesn't matter which one, they are going to do the same thing. Much like Lexapro and Celexa, different names for essentially the same substance.

Both Shawn and Billie used the word 'original' (each just one time I know of) in a way that struck me as unusual.

Shawn -

MM site, said Hannibal Lecter and Patrick Bateman were 'original' killers

Billie -

Billie Jean Dunn said she and Adkins collected the true crime stories and horror movies as a hobby.

“It is not original,” she said. “They (investigators) made me feel like that is strange. A lot of people like horror films.”

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/hailey-dunns-mother-addresses-findings-affadavits/

Is 'original' a word that young people are using now?

It's stuck in the back of my mind that they both used that word in an unusual way. I have no idea why. A lot of things stick in my head. :)

My other Question O' The Day is about those prescription bottles. Billie said on NG that she had made sure to get the bottles on tape by the reporter (Priscilla?).

I've been wondering ever since what getting them on tape does?

ETA:

BILLIE DUNN: Right. And I read that, too. The only narcotics I had were prescribed to me, and I even showed those to Priscilla to get them on tape.

Take cover. I'm on a roll again lmao.

GRACE: OK, Billie Dunn, I`ve got the police affidavit right here in my hand verbatim. I`ve got hundreds of pages of documents that we have combed through. And they say you used (ph) — at 6:19, 6:20 PM, you withdraw $60, then $80 cash. It was then determined through a volunteer — voluntary admission of you, Billie Dunn, the money was used to purchase illegal narcotics from a person in Scurry County.

BILLIE DUNN: Right. And I read that, too. The only narcotics I had were prescribed to me, and I even showed those to Priscilla to get them on tape.

GRACE: OK, so are you telling me that you got, basically, a refill of prescription drugs not from the drugstore? Is that what the illegal narcotic was?

BILLIE DUNN: No. I`m not even sure what day I got the prescriptions. I think it was before then.

So Billie got the Ativan before Hailey went missing?

My other Question O' The Day is about those prescription bottles. Billie said on NG that she had made sure to get the bottles on tape by the reporter (Priscilla?).

I've been wondering ever since what getting them on tape does?ETA:

BBM

I imagine so there is a record of what she was taking.

FWIW, I do know someone who had a legal prescription for Hydrocodone following surgery, as well as xanax. When they could no longer get refills, they just bought hydrocodone illegally and just put them inside of the prescription bottle so that if LE ever had reason to search their car or purse and found the prescription bottle they could just claim that the pills were left over from the prescription. Yeah, I know, but it worked for them a couple of times.:crazy:

BBM

I imagine so there is a record of what she was taking.

But her saying that was in response to NG asking her about the drug buy she made when she made the ATM withdrawal on Mon Dec 27.

I'm not getting the correlation of the prescriptions to that, and how getting the prescription bottles on tape have anything to do with it.

But her saying that was in response to NG asking her about the drug buy she made when she made the ATM withdrawal on Mon Dec 26.

I'm not getting the correlation of the prescriptions to that, and how getting the prescription bottles on tape have anything to do with it.

I thought it was more of a "hey...they are not illegal drugs....see, I even have them on tape." (my words). It was another attempt to confuse the prescription drugs with the "illegal narcotics" in the affidavit. I think confusion is the name of the game here.

ETA: I think having them on tape, makes her feel like her story is more believable. IMO.

FWIW, I do know someone who had a legal prescription for Hydrocodone following surgery, as well as xanax. When they could no longer get refills, they just bought hydrocodone illegally and just put them inside of the prescription bottle so that if LE ever had reason to search their car or purse and found the prescription bottle they could just claim that the pills were left over from the prescription. Yeah, I know, but it worked for them a couple of times.:crazy:

I was thinking along the same lines lonetraveler... BD saying that she only takes narcotics that are prescribed to her doesn't seem hinky, but then to add "AND I made sure a reporter got them on tape!" (paraphrasing) seems over-defensive.

I don't know about TX, but in WA & NY (2 places I've been a pharmacist), you could get in serious trouble if you were found with unlabeled narcotics (even if they really were prescribed to you, you have to have proof...) Some of my legitimate pain patients had to come to me to ask for records because they were unaware of this law and had thrown away their bottles and gotten themselves into trouble. But it always seemed like the drug-seekers, doctor shoppers, etc knew all the ins and outs of all the narcotics laws.... MOO.

I'm wondering if maybe he/they had multiple doctors writing multiple prescriptions for the same drugs. My brother-in-law was a pretty heavy prescription painkiller abuser, and that was what he was doing. He would also have the presciptions filled at different pharmacies. I wonder if that would explain the drive to go get the money....maybe they hit multiple pharmacies? IMO, Billie getting the bottles on tape maybe made her feel like she was "proving" they were prescribed?

jmo

Just wondering why we haven't seen the surveillance tape from the Dollar Store on Sunday, 12/26. I'd like to see what Hailey was wearing and if she was alone. Maybe LE is holding it back for strategic purposes or will release it later. Kinda interested in whether she bought anything too. If so, is it still in the house?

Teh-

:hypno: You are feeling sleepy....:hypno:

:hypno: Very sleepy..................:hypno:

Better than a nap...I have to be gone for awhile tomorrow. Never fails.

Redcat, a personal question and if you do not want to answer that is ok...

I know that you have interviewed Billie, have talked to her face to face, have seen her on TV and other news ---know that you are not a personal friend,

Do you think or feel that she had anything to do with Hailey's missing? Do you feel she is trying to keep the focus on Hailey for the right reasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer