708 users online (72 members and 636 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #1

Because they where being mouthy! This is just sick

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...-tampa/1148176

TAMPA — Julie Schenecker was sick of her teenage children talking back to her, police say, so on Saturday she bought a pistol and planned their murder and her suicide.
    She shot her 13-year-old son after driving him home from soccer practice at 7 p.m. Thursday. Then she walked upstairs and shot her 16-year-old daughter in the back of the head as she did homework, an arrest affidavit states.
    With their blood on her clothing, she remained in the Tampa Palms house all night. Police didn't arrive until the next morning, after Schenecker's mother called them from Texas, worried because she couldn't reach her daughter, whom she believed was depressed.
    Schenecker admitted to killing her children, police said. She showed no remorse.
    Authorities charged her with two counts of first-degree murder.
    They're not satisfied with her explanation. Police spokeswoman Laura McElroy wouldn't even refer to it as a motive.
    "She did tell us that they talked back and they were mouthy," she said.
    Neighbors said they've seen police cars at the home at 16305 Royal Park Court before, although not often. The Department of Children and Families confirmed it investigated the family about two months ago, but the case was unfounded and closed. Spokesman Terry Field said he couldn't provide more details.
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 05-06-2014 at 09:52 AM.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

this is tragic and sad...you can't watch that video here and not know this woman is seriously out of it. After the serious car accident reported, she must have been given some medication that was wrong for her. She obviously belonged in a hospital before this happened.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/mostpop/sto...2&provider=top

This just brought tears to my eyes.

A quick google of Calyx shows she was a cross country runner.

Their dad is an Army Colonel?

Horribly, horribly sad for this entire family and Army family.

Julie Powers Schenecker's Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...987714&sk=wall

Something had to go terribly, terribly wrong. Seemingly beautiful woman with varied interests, and lovely friends. So sad.
    Last edited by Filly; 01-28-2011 at 07:56 PM.

The woman in the "perp walk" video looks so incredibly different from her facebook photo! Not saying this is what happened, but the difference in photos reminds me of the "what meth does to a person" before and after pictures. Something had to have been going on with her, and her poor children paid the price.

How horribly sad all the way around. She looks almost catatonic. This is just so sad.

Mother charged in teens' shooting deaths

TAMPA - Police say Julie Schenecker's mother told her she was depressed. But what they say happened next is hard for any parent to imagine.

"She has admitted to committing these crimes, of taking the lives of her two children," said Tampa Police Spokesperson Laura McElroy.

Calyx Schenecker, 16, and Beau Schenecker, 13, were found in their New Tampa home Friday, shot to death.

Police went to the home in the Ashington Reserve
    snipped

The video of her is disturbing, to me she is not in her right mind, but how could you be after this crime.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/new...omicide-012811

My DH and I watched the Video, clearly she was not in her right mind. For instance when the LE got to her house 24 hrs later they found her in the back yard with blood on her clothing. According to the news we watched tonight she admitted to the killings and hadn't cleaned up the crime scene, disposed of the bodies or tried to escape.

Sad

I find this case odd only because the children are teenagers. I wonder what has happened in this womans life to simply go off the deep end and do away with these beautiful young lives? From all accounts, they lived in a wealthy neighborhood and the children were good students. You never know....

You're right - she looks like someone who has completely lost her mind. Search her on Facebook and you can tell it's the same person, but so different (and apparently sane). Her husband is deployed in Qatar - according to your link. So horribly sad.

More info here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41318888

Apparently the boy was shot in the car on the way to soccer practice and then returned home and shot the girl at the computer doing her school work. She said they were being "mouthy."

Quote Originally Posted by BrownRice View Post
    More info here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41318888

Apparently the boy was shot in the car on the way to soccer practice and then returned home and shot the girl at the computer doing her school work. She said they were being "mouthy."
    There is another thread on this subject, maybe we should merge! The article in the other thread, IIRC, states that the boy was shot in the garage after RETURNING from soccer practice.

I don't know which article has the real facts, but it really disturbs me that two main stream media can't get the facts straight: One of them has to be wrong, right?

does she look like she's on drugs to anyone else?

and did they stuff cotton in her mouth or something? what is she chewing on?

Last edited by KateB; 06-12-2015 at 08:44 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

FL~Wife of Army officer, Julie Schenecker, killed her teen children

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110129/...xpY2V3aWZlb2Y-

Police: Wife of Army officer kills her 2 children

"The wife of a military officer shot and killed her son on the way to soccer practice, then drove to their upscale home and shot her daughter in the head while she studied at her computer, police said Friday. Afterward, the woman told detectives she killed the teens for being "mouthy."

Julie Powers Schenecker admitted the slayings after officers found her covered in blood on the back porch of her home Friday morning, police spokeswoman Laura McElroy said. Schenecker's mother had called police from Texas because she was unable to reach the 50-year-old woman, who she said was depressed and had been complaining about her children...."

more at link

From the link above:

"...recently Parker Schenecker [the children's father] had picked up his wife's carpooling shift while she recovered from a serious car crash that happened about a month ago. Details of the accident weren't immediately available...."

My heart just breaks for this seemingly happy family. Could the mother have experienced a serious head injury that was undiagnosed? We've been reading so much about suicide and violent behavior linked to concussions (even in the new National Geo) that I have to wonder.

My prayers are with the father and the rest of the family. What a horrid tragedy.

Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast