1220 users online (266 members and 954 guests)  

Websleuths News

Post 13 Things Your Mail Carrier Wonít Tell You

The Reader's Digest Version:

http://www.rd.com/13-things/13-thing...ings_NL_012811

ETA: And here are 11 MORE things they won't tell you, as a bonus:

http://www.rd.com/13-things/11-more-...wont-tell-you/

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Are you a mail carrier, Dark Knight, lol?!

Thanks for the link. I love my mail carrier- he is awesome as are our sanitation guys. We give them all a nice tip at Christmas- they deserve it!
    My posts are and believe it or not I've put some thought into 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by nosysw View Post
    Are you a mail carrier, Dark Knight, lol?!

Thanks for the link. I love my mail carrier- he is awesome as are our sanitation guys. We give them all a nice tip at Christmas- they deserve it!
    lol, no I'm not, I don't have the legs for the shorts.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

How true some of those are, Dark Knight.

Thank you for this. My sibling is a mail carrier and he loves it.

Another thing they won't tell you and this comes in the "Sorry if I'm in a hurry" heading. Elderly people who are lonely wait for the mail carrier. Often that is the only person they see. My brother has such a fondness and respect for the elderly and he feels bad when Mrs. B asks if he can come in for a cup of tea, change a lightbulb, give her a ride to the mall. You name it.

Let us not forget the folks that are a little out there. Like those who think the martians are after them. Or the guy on medication who follows you around asking if he can carry your mailbag. Or the man that asks if his new "Peanuts Hate Charlie Brown" book is in yet.

Dress accordingly and modestly is right. Once my brother hears the neighbors screaming "Fire" only in Spanish. He sees smoke billowing from the house. A man approaches asking to "Please, please get my wife and kids out" (yes he was the dad/husband who left himself out but stranded the family). No problem for getting the kids out as the neighbor and my brother used the neighbors ladder. Until. Until. Until. A very large woman dressed only in a towel needs to be rescued as well.

Mail Carriers are truly pressed for time and have only an allotted time to do their route. I don't think Mrs. B understands. Saving a family in a fore I guess is alright unless you heard my mom freaking out when she heard my brother went to save these people. "You always wanted to be a fireman. Now you think you are one?"

Also mail carriers serve as a medium for people that are newly immigrated to the country. They don't trust people. Plus there's a language barrier. It's very heartwarming to know they love my brother. He does go out of his way to smile at them and be sure they get the mail they are waiting on.

Dogs? It's almost a given you will be bitten. My brother was bitten numerous times, but that Pit-Bull that mauled him I think did him in as far as watching out for dogs. He's a dog lover and didn't blame the dog although he said from day one that pooch had his eye on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Legs!!

My mailman does have great calves!!

All that walking, I guess!
    My posts are and believe it or not I've put some thought into 'em.

Our mail carriers have a bet. Who can wear their shorts for the longest as the weather gets cold.

Presently in the blocks surrounding my house two guys are left. Wearing shorts in the snow. Legs all red and chapped.

..............'nuff said!

*Thanks for the article, Dark Knight!
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    If I want to know anything going on in our little town all I have to do is ask the mailman. That's why I might be waiting out by the mailbox...but for cute legs and face and whatever else that's my UPS man...So cute!
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

I had to laugh a little at the one where someone taped 44 Cents on the envelope in the mailbox for the mail carrier to mail.

Quote Originally Posted by montana_16 View Post
    I had to laugh a little at the one where someone taped 44 Cents on the envelope in the mailbox for the mail carrier to mail.
    Haha-- me too!! My dad is a retired mail carrier, did it for over 40 years and he had stuff like that happen to him all the time but was too nice to ever say anything to the customer.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...cc4c002e0.html

Here's a link to a very nice story about a neighborhood giving back to their mail carrier.

I don't ever really see my neighborhood carrier, but the guy who delivers the mail to my office is one of the nicest people I've ever met. In fact, I've never met a mail carrier who wasn't a friendly, giving, personable, nice person. I'm a big fan of the USPS!

We just recently moved to a new neighborhood, and we have the best mailman! The first day he saw cars in the driveway, he came to the door to introduce, and welcome us And we have 4 dogs, with our permission, he pets all 4 everyday, and brings treats weekly. Guess its his way of bribing them to be nice lol AND, I have 3 kids, and they love to run out when he pulls up, and he always makes sure their piles of mail are even, so they each get to carry in the same amount..... Its amazing! So in turn, when it snows, we make him hot chocolate, he takes it, and brings back the clean cup the next day. I love it

they must have interviewed a really sweet mailman, ours is horrible! he throws the mail in the box in any non specific order.
    he's constantly cursing a bluestreak top volume while on his bluetooth. one of our neighbors already complained since there are children all around here to hear him.
    he's missed our mailbox on our door and it fell in the bush and he cursed even louder going to get it. talk about disgruntled!

before that mailman, they hired a guy my wife went to school with who is stalker and legally insane (to put it nicely). he lasted 2 days if that. he came in our house, plopped down the mailbag, grabbed a water and started drinking it. we were very very confused and puzzled as he held out this handdrawn map of a neighborhood he's lived in his whole life and couldn't figure it out.

you all are blessed who have the good mailman and women! we still get our neighbor's mail sometimes or they get ours.

they really need to fire our mailman agh! he seems to get louder every month on his bluetooth.

Quote Originally Posted by tiredblondy View Post
    If I want to know anything going on in our little town all I have to do is ask the mailman. That's why I might be waiting out by the mailbox...but for cute legs and face and whatever else that's my UPS man...So cute!
    Darn I only get cute guys who deliver large appliances so that's not often. My mail carrier is a chick so there goes that.

Ain't it the truth? They know everything. I guess being outside all day you do see things other people don't.

My friend who was one of my bridesmaids way back when...Married her Mailman and it's been over 20+ years now. I'll tell you though, the courtship was a long one. Both are on the shy side. It took him awhile to catch on that she was interested in him.