1229 users online (273 members and 956 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

CA - Juliani Cardenas, 4, Patterson, 18 January 2011 - #2

AMBER ALERT: Juliani Cardenas, age 4, Patterson, Stanislaus County

Juliani Cardenas was abducted from Patterson, California, by Jose Esteban Rodriguez. The suspect was last seen driving a yellow [note: radio said amber-colored, some networks saying silver-colored as of 7:15 pm] Toyota Corolla with a CA license plate of 6HBW445. May be en-route from Patterson to San Jose.

http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/ser...e&amberId=7971

Name: Juliani Cardenas
    Alias:
    Hair Color: Black
    Eye Color: Brown
    Skin Color: Hispanic
    Height: 3' 6"
    Weight: 40 lb
    Description: The child was last seen wearing dark pants and a light blue shirt.

Suspect
    Name: Jose Esteban Rodriguez
    Alias:
    Hair Color: Black
    Eye Color: Brown
    Skin Color: Hispanic
    Height: 5' 9"
    Weight: 180 lb
    Description: The suspect was last seen wearing a white and black shirt, checkered shorts, and a beanie.

Vehicle Information
    Make: Toyota
    Model: Corolla
    Color: Yellow [Note: radio said amber-colored, some networks saying silver-colored as of 7:15 pm]
    Interior Color:
    License State: CA
    License Text: 6HBW445
    Vehicle Description: The vehicle has oversize aluminum wheels. The left rear wheel is the spare wheel (smaller).

Circumstances
    Missing From: Patterson, CA
    Missing Date: 1/18/2011 4:12 PM
    Issued for: California: Statewide
    Contact: If you have information, please contact Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department, (209) 380-6015, or dial 911
    Circumstances: Juliani Cardenas was abducted from Patterson, California, by Jose Esteban Rodriguez. The suspect was last seen driving a yellow [note: radio said amber-colored, some networks saying silver-colored as of 7:15 pm] Toyota Corolla with a CA license plate of 6HBW445. May be en-route from Patterson to San Jose.

http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/ser...e&amberId=7971

Previous Thread

Thread #1
    Last edited by KateB; 05-01-2015 at 07:59 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

I brought my last post over since it closed right after I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by mck16 View Post
    I am thinking that is the case. What human being would watch or see a car with a child in it go into the canal and not try to help or call 911. I am hoping he was paid to wait 3 days and then call. This is a perfect get away for that piece of crap. Everyone will assume the worst and quit looking for them. Just my hope.
    Could be, but I understand undocumented immigrants enough to understand how such a person would not call. If he's a farm worker 99.9% chance he is not here legally. And they come from a place of extreme, daily fear that their means of survival and supporting their kids could be taken at any moment. Someone could trace their number, question them and then find out they are here illegally and bam. They don't understand the process, that witnesses are protected, etc.

Also, they also come from cultures, at least those from south of the border, where LE is simply horrendously corrupt and calling them for assistance is a bad thing to do. Not only will they often not get help, they may get harmed instead. Also, reporting crimes could not only get them hurt by LE, but also by other criminals. It's a mess in Mexico right now, for example. Retribution killings all over the place, decapitations, bodies hung on fences, etc. It's just a different culture from ours where we are raised to ask LE for assistance and assume we will get it and be protected for coming forward.

It's hard for us to understand but I believe he likely freaked when he saw what he saw and had no idea what to do or if it was what he thought it was. After the amber alert was broadcast, he apparently had a talk with his son who likely knows more about the system and urged him to call.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Thanks for the new thread. I had to step away, this was way more than I could handle. After watching all week when I saw that car come up I just lost it. I couldn't even breathe there for a minute.

This group of LE will find Juliani of that I am sure. They won't give up until he is found. You could see shear determination on the sheriff's face.

~jmo~

The news 10 reporter needs a thicker coat!

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post

Could be, but I understand undocumented immigrants enough to understand how such a person would not call. If he's a farm worker 99.9% chance he is not here legally. And they come from a place of extreme, daily fear that their means of survival and supporting their kids could be taken at any moment. Someone could trace their number, question them and then find out they are here illegally and bam. They don't understand the process, that witnesses are protected, etc.

Also, they also come from cultures, at least those from south of the border, where LE is simply horrendously corrupt and calling them for assistance is a bad thing to do. Not only will they often not get help, they may get harmed instead. Also, reporting crimes could not only get them hurt by LE, but also by other criminals. It's a mess in Mexico right now, for example. Retribution killings all over the place, decapitations, bodies hung on fences, etc. It's just a different culture from ours where we are raised to ask LE for assistance and assume we will get it and be protected for coming forward.

It's hard for us to understand but I believe he likely freaked when he saw what he saw and had no idea what to do or if it was what he thought it was. After the amber alert was broadcast, he apparently had a talk with his son who likely knows more about the system and urged him to call.
    Thank you .... I've said that a few times. Many of these folks - even if here legally - gave everything they could to jump through hoops and finally get their green card. They are terrified of LE and the gov't. As I mentioned on the other thread, a friend of mine is an immigration attorney, and she said that they really are afraid of almost anyone associated with law enforcement.

We don't know why this person didn't call 911 right away. Maybe he didn't have a cell phone and had to get to a phone.

Bottom line is - I don't think it would have made a difference in this case anyway...
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Having a thought. Need to talk to someone that has more experience with Water SAR dogs than I do. Will be back to fill in my thoughts if I'm on to something.

belimom, thank you for clarifying about the cameras catching the license plate being the surveillance cams sent underwater--it didn't seem likely there would be security cameras along the canal. Maybe the article I read was written wrong? (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    belimom, thank you for clarifying about the cameras catching the license plate being the surveillance cams sent underwater--it didn't seem likely there would be security cameras along the canal. Maybe the article I read was written wrong? (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)
    No problem. I wish real life were like '24' - and they could pull the satellite feed and track someone. I wouldn't be surprised if the technology probably exists but it will be years before it can be utilized routinely for matters other than national security. Okay, now I'm sounding like I watched too much '24'... which is true.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

TakeNote is offline Mother to little post it my boy wonder & Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    can dogs be brought on to the scene and search the car for decomp?

My brother in law was an illegal. He isnt now but half the time I known him he was. He would never allow a child or a woman to suffer and if help was not in his ability he would call for it. He is a family guy even extended and will help no matter if it is his last dollar or getting sent back.

I think the actions of the farm worker speak more of character than anything else.

No Bodies Found In Suspect Car Pulled From Canal

http://www.ktvu.com/news/26652881/detail.html

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post

Thanks so much Gitana,

The sheriff addressed that earlier today. I have no idea where the link is but the sheriff stated emphatically that even if he had called 911 then nothing could have been done except what they had done today.

If I remember right the sheriff actually took up for the farmer and said he was truly suffering from what he saw but had been scared about reporting it. Remember he did eventually report it. If not no one would know about the canal at all.

Bellimom or anyone else, do you remember what link it was?

I respect the sheriff greatly and his handling of this case. If he can show the farmer empathy then that is the least I can do.
    Last edited by tiredblondy; 01-28-2011 at 10:57 PM. Reason: added 2 sent
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

I pray this little guy is safe and he will be found soon.

Gosh. LE seems so confident he was in the car. So very confident. "Unfortunately" they were not in the car. they are convinced they floated out the windows?

Oh please let him not be in there.
    ~ If you talk to God, you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic...... House MD ~

Quote Originally Posted by sarx View Post
    Having a thought. Need to talk to someone that has more experience with Water SAR dogs than I do. Will be back to fill in my thoughts if I'm on to something.
    I'll have to go back and find the link...IIRC they had some dogs out there once, that they vaguely indicated were HRD water dogs.

ETA:

The original link I had appears to have had the story changed. http://www.modbee.com/2011/01/25/152...#ixzz1C20Pr7e3

I found a cached version of what it said the first time around...

Search dogs were used Monday afternoon to comb the area of a canal near Patterson where authorities believe the car of a kidnap suspect and his 4-year-old victim rolled into the water.

Deputy Royjindar Singh, spokesman for the Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department, cautioned that the use of the dogs from the Calaveras County Sheriff’s Department was not based on any new leads or any belief there were bodies in the orchards bordering the canal off Zacharias Road.

They were simply there to pick up a scent from the canal, he said.

“The focus of the dogs is in the water,” Singh said. “That is the area they’re searching. … This is just another tool to search the initial location where a witness and the evidence shows the car went into the water.” In other developments Monday:
    Last edited by lisser; 01-28-2011 at 11:03 PM. Reason: add link...sort of.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast