1165 users online (228 members and 937 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TX - Myrisha, 3, & AJ Campbell, 11 mos, Goliad, 6 Sept 1958

AJ Campbell Jr.

Endangered Missing from Goliad, Texas since September 6, 1958

Age: 11 months -- Height: 2'2" -- Weight: 25 lbs -- Hair Color: Blonde -- Eye Color: Blue

AJ has a birthmark on his eyelid and below his lower lip. His thumbs are clubbed at the ends.

Myrisha Faye Campbell

Endangered Missing from Goliad, Texas since September 6, 1958

Age: 3 -- Height: 2'6" -- Weight: 28 lbs -- Hair Color: Blonde -- Eye Color: Blue

AJ and Myrisha were last seen in Goliad, Texas on September 6, 1958. The children's father, AJ Campbell Sr., had court-ordered visitation with them on weekends. He took them for a ride and never returned them.

William Randall Jr. was the last person to see AJ and Myrisha other than their father. He stated that he and their father picked them up and drove Randall's car through Cuero, Texas and Gonzales, Texas, stopping along the way to pick up two large cans of lard. When they were about 3 miles outside Goliad, Campbell Sr. asked him to stop because he wanted to see a friend. Randall stopped the car and got out, and Campbell Sr. drove off without him, with both kids still inside the vehicle. About 30-40 minutes later, Campbell Sr. returned to get Randall, but the kids were not with him. He said he went to visit his brother-in-law, but they had argued, and he left the kids with another relative. Campbell Sr. seemed nervous and agitated, asked if he had any blood on him, and warned Randall to tell no one about the fight. They drove to San Antonio, Texas and then separated. Campbell Sr. was supposed to meet Randall at a bus stop at midnight the next day to return his car but he never showed up. Randall took a bus to Fort Worth, Texas and then reported his car stolen.

The next day, Campbell Sr. spoke with a Fort Worth, Texas minister by phone, implying that he had killed his children. He said they were "at rest with the world" and that he was now going to kill himself. His body was later found inside Randall's vehicle near Austin, Texas. He left a note for AJ and Myrisha's mother saying he had "buried both children", that he loved the children and her, and hoped she would be happy. There was no indication of the children's whereabouts and, despite an extensive search, they have never been found.

NCMEC

Charley Project

Thanks to Texas Mist for finding this article!

Carrollton man trying to solve 52-year-old kidnapping case

Phil Robertson is no cold-case detective, but he has spent years trying to find the missing pieces to a mystery that once captured headlines throughout Texas.

“Father Kills Self; Two Tots Missing” announced The Dallas Morning News on Sept. 8, 1958. The article described a statewide search for two children kidnapped by their father before he took his own life.

The story remained in the news for days (“100-Man Posse Continues Search for 2 Missing Tots”) until the clues ran dry (“Hope Dims In Hunt for Tots’ Bodies”). No trace of the children was ever found.

For Robertson, a Carrollton business owner, it’s more than just a story from the yellowed pages of a newspaper.

The two youngsters — Myrisha Faye Campbell, 3, and her 11-month-old brother, A.J. Campbell Jr. — were from his mother’s first marriage. For her sake, he has spent years trying to learn their fate.

Much more: http://www.dallasnews.com/news/commu...pping-case.ece

Prayers for this mother who's missed her children all these years - and the son who's trying to find them.

They went missing before I was born - I can't imagine how it must be to live all those years not knowing what happened to them.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

why stop for 2 big buckets of lard? How big? Were they in the car? Seems odd.

Just bumping this. So sad. Local news just profiled the case.. The mom still thinks that there is a good chance that the kids are alive. Unfortunately I don't share her belief.

The news did mention that DNA tests are being run against any TX John & Jane Does.

Mel

http://www.kens5.com/news/Did-he-kil...132857758.html

by Stacia Willson / KENS 5
    Posted on October 29, 2011 at 10:10 PM
    Updated Saturday, Oct 29 at 10:21 PM

The man said Campbell dropped him off about three miles just outside Goliad, because he needed to go visit a friend. Campbell returned about 40 minutes later, but the children were no longer with him. The pair drove to San Antonio together and parted ways.

The following day, Campbell was found dead with a self-inflicted gunshot to the head. Police found a suicide note, it stated that he had buried the children and would soon join them.

Am I understanding correctly that the father's work involved construction of a hospital? I'm sure they probably considered that back when the children went missing, but a construction site seems a perfect site to hide things, such as bodies inside lard buckets.

Just stumbled on this case after finding another one here about "Little Miss Nobody"

Are there any updates? I have read a few articles and the Facebook page, seems a possibility that WR might remember more than he has already, shame he now has Alzheimers.

There has been speculation on the Little Miss Nobody page on WS that LMN may be Myrisha. Currently there are no DNA samples for LMN to make comparisons.
    LMN was found deceased in Yavapai County, AZ, in July 1960. She had a "full and perfect set of baby teeth" and was wearing what was described as a "sunsuit". She was wearing nail polish, and her hair may have been tinted/colored.

Link: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...dy-quot-Jul-60
    Last edited by rainwater; 05-17-2015 at 02:33 PM.
    Where is Shawn Hale? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7546/0/ Missing from Apple Valley CA since 11/04/1994

Where is Michelle Crawford? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14428/0/ Missing from Lawton, OK since 06/08/1999

Where is Jennifer Lee Schmidt? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4822/0/ (Missing From West Lafayette IN(Purdue University) since 08/06/85.

Quote Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
    There has been speculation on the Little Miss Nobody page on WS that LMN may be Myrisha. Currently there are no DNA samples for LMN to make comparisons.
    LMN was found deceased in Yavapai County, AZ, in July 1960. She had a "full and perfect set of baby teeth" and was wearing what was described as a "sunsuit". She was wearing nail polish, and her hair may have been tinted/colored.

Link: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...dy-quot-Jul-60
    I very strongly believe Little Miss Nobody is Myrisha.I hope and pray they exhume Little Miss Nobody and get DNA samples and compare the two.At least to rule them out.
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alllads View Post
    Wouldn't that be something
    I liked it. I was good at it. It made me feel alive.

searchingforanna.net & searchingforanna.info
    Anna Christian Waters' new websites.

Cold Case Files: The Campbell Children

What happened to Myrisha Faye and A.J. Jr.?

A few years ago, according to the Dallas Morning News, Phil Robertson got a tip that a man with the name A.J. Campbell had been living in Arlington during the 1990s. His driver’s license had the same birth date as A.J. Campbell Jr., but Robertson has been unable to find out if this man is his half-brother.

A DNA sample has been collected from LMN.According to her Namus page, testing of the sample is in progress and not yet finished. On cell, cannot post link to LMN Namus page at moment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast