2011.01.30 new search north and west of Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms Suzanne

Reaction score
Does this need it's own thread?Does any one have a map of this area to show?I wonder what lead them to this area.This sounds pretty serious with cadaver dogs.Wasn't this area mentioned before by someone.I pray they are led to little Kyron and if he is out there they find him.

More at link

Search for Kyron Horman resumes today North and West of Portland.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/search_for_kyron_horman_resume.html

The seven-month search for missing Kyron Horman turns its focus today on two rural locations north and west of Portland as investigators run down specific intelligence they've developed and warmer weather conditions now provide a window of opportunity.

Between 40 to 50 search-and-rescue workers, along with up to seven cadaver-detecting dogs, will be combing the dense forested area around turnouts, trailheads, and gated logging roads along a stretch of Northwest Skyline Road, south of Rocky Point Road and a gravel road further north in the Dixie Mountain area.

The private timber land crosses into unincorporated areas of Multnomah, Washington and Columbia counties, and reaches elevations of between 1,000 and 1,500 feet.

"Weather conditions prevented the searching of these two locations a month or six weeks ago because of the snow up there, and dogs are not effective when it's below 40 degrees," said Multnomah County Sheriff's Sgt. Keith Krafve, a supervisor of the Kyron Horman Task Force.

"There're very specific reasons why we're here," said Multnomah County deputy sheriff Mark Herron, a search and rescue coordinator on the task force.

"We'll be looking for all those things that are Kyron associated," he said, adding that the searchers will also be looking for anything that might have been left by those involved with Kyron's disappearance.

I was going to make a thread this morning. I think maybe it deserves it's own because it "seems" from this article they have new information not relating to Sauvie (which surprises me a little)

I'm trying to figure out where they are talking about in the article because Dixie Mountain Road is only 11 miles from the school unless it's not where I'm thinking. I drive up that way every weekend. I can tell you the article is correct. I rarely see cars pass me on that road. Horse barns and tree farms.

I replied on the other thread. But I have to study the maps some more to see where they are talking about. Dixie Mountain Road is only 11 miles from the school so maybe it's another section of it that I'm missing. Waiting for Freefallzzzz to wake up and chime in. Maybe she will go out today????

"Weather conditions prevented the searching of these two locations a month or six weeks ago because of the snow up there, and dogs are not effective when it's below 40 degrees," said Multnomah County Sheriff's Sgt. Keith Krafve, a supervisor of the Kyron Horman Task Force.

"There're very specific reasons why we're here," said Multnomah County deputy sheriff Mark Herron, a search and rescue coordinator on the task force.

snipped from the article in the OP. Does this mean they got new info 4-6 weeks ago?

I think we need to find that article with "Chas" who saw a white truck that morning coming out of a road north of Logie Road. The article came out in early August, I think. I'm looking on the forum.

Well, looks like one source is gone, but I found a snippet from WS r.e. Chas.
From a post made by stmarysmead on 11-16-2010 at 7:42 a.m. on the Sauvie Island Searches thread:

From the linked article:

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopula...FG4Q.cspx?p=10

"It was Friday, June 4th, sometime between 9:15 and 9:45 in the morning. “Chas” was heading south on Highway 30, on his way to work when a white truck pulled out onto the road.

"It came out of one of these side streets, I am not exactly positive which one, but I am pretty much sure that it was north of Logie Trail road.”

Logie Trail Road is right across from Sauvie Island. One of the areas investigators have searched several times.

"I recognize that truck because I have a friend that has a similar truck and I thought it was him.”

But when “Chas” pulled up next to this truck, he saw that it wasn't his friend, it was a red-haired woman, he didn't recognize.

He later realized that “red-haired” woman was Terri Horman."

snipped from the article in the OP. Does this mean they got new info 4-6 weeks ago?

Could be Daisy but not necessarily. I think they were just asked by a reporter why they hadn't searched up there before.

I wonder if a cell could ping from up in the 1000-1500 feet elevation to Sauvie Island, just across the channel? hmmmmmm....:waitasec:

I am SO not good with maps. Does anyone have a link to the awesome map with all of the locations (school, Sauvie Island, grocery store, etc.) and where do these new search locations fit on the map?

I am SO not good with maps. Does anyone have a link to the awesome map with all of the locations (school, Sauvie Island, grocery store, etc.) and where do these new search locations fit on the map?

I thought pufnstuf had the best map but I think it's unavailable now (private). I found this one and the pink tack is at Logie Road. The area north an west of there is the general area of the search. I'm feeling hopeful about this new search, since nothing was coming out of Sauvie.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?clien...59,-122.849121&spn=0.224871,0.617294&t=h&z=11

I'm working on one Daisy but still unsure where on Dixie Mountain road. That road is very long and curvy. I know where the Rocky Point area is they are referring to since I drive past it every Saturday. Here's what I had so far:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...88775&sspn=0.086586,0.201015&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=12

This finally sounds like someone has talked. The searchers sound very confident that they will find something. A part of me finds it hard not to be cynical...is this a last ditch effort before reporting back on Feb. 1, or a legitimate inquiry?

The weather has been unseasonably warm and dry in Portland, including the hills, off-and-on for a couple of weeks now. It may have taken this long to find enough searchers who could do this. Yesterday, for example, was a great day.

My heart goes out to Ky's Mom and Dad this morning. How awful this must be for them.

How far are these location's from the 2nd FM stores?

I replied on the other thread. But I have to study the maps some more to see where they are talking about. Dixie Mountain Road is only 11 miles from the school so maybe it's another section of it that I'm missing. Waiting for Freefallzzzz to wake up and chime in. Maybe she will go out today????

OMG
I just woke up and saw an email from a member!

I know Dixie Mt Rd very well and the DBF knows it like the back of his hand,
I'm reading through the posts to figure out more, I just saw yours and HAD to reply.
I'm going to look some more, I do have to drive over to Central Oregon today but I'm trying to wake him up (he's half asleep) and I'll be checking this thread for locations.. He should know exactly where they are..

They seem to be talking about the very tippy top of Dixie Mountain Road, judging from those photos. Way back into the hills.

OMG
I just woke up and saw an email from a member!

I know Dixie Mt Rd very well and the DBF knows it like the back of his hand,
I'm reading through the posts to figure out more, I just saw yours and HAD to reply.
I'm going to look some more, I do have to drive over to Central Oregon today but I'm trying to wake him up (he's half asleep) and I'll be checking this thread for locations.. He should know exactly where they are..

LOL.......I was about to drive over and wake you up myself! ;)

LOL.......I was about to drive over and wake you up myself! ;)

Still trying to wake him up ( so he's coherent) lol, but that article mentioned private timber land w/gated roads? So do they think someone walked behind the gates?
I'm hearing nothing on the scanner but with the terrain I'd have to be right near them to hear anything.

This is very interesting.. still trying to absorb all of it..

How far are these location's from the 2nd FM stores?

The start of Logie Trail Road would be about 12 miles away but Dixie Mountain is much further. I'm not sure where on Dixie Mt. Road yet.

ETA: I keep saying Logie Trail....it should be Rocky Point Road according the article. I'm mixing up the tip from 'Chas" about Logie Trail and Hwy 30

This finally sounds like someone has talked. The searchers sound very confident that they will find something. A part of me finds it hard not to be cynical...is this a last ditch effort before reporting back on Feb. 1, or a legitimate inquiry?

The weather has been unseasonably warm and dry in Portland, including the hills, off-and-on for a couple of weeks now. It may have taken this long to find enough searchers who could do this. Yesterday, for example, was a great day.

My heart goes out to Ky's Mom and Dad this morning. How awful this must be for them.
I agree.It does sound like someone has talked.It would be sad if they are just now getting to check this from an earlier lead.But I am just glad it's being checked and more searching is going on for little Kyron.For some reason I do feel this is a good area to check.I pray God leads them to where he is if he is there.I am curious in the article they said the persons responsible for little Kyrons disappearance?It sounds like more than one person.

"We'll be looking for all those things that are Kyron associated," he said, adding that the searchers will also be looking for anything that might have been left by those involved with Kyron's disappearance.

I agree.It does sound like someone has talked.It would be sad if they are just now getting to check this from an earlier lead.But I am just glad it's being checked and more searching is going on for little Kyron.For some reason I do feel this is a good area to check.I pray God leads them to where he is if he is there.I am curious in the article they said the persons responsible for little Kyrons disappearance?It sounds like more than one person.

sounds like they are looking for specific things possibly....

I hope this search yields some results!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member