1106 users online (200 members and 906 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

OK - Anthony Holland, 51, Cordell, 21 June 2009

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...d_anthony.html

The family of Anthony Holland has reached out to WS to see if we can take a collective look at his disappearance. It has been 18 months since he was last seen at his home in Cordell, OK.

Stats:

Missing- 6/21/2009
    Classification- Endangered Missing
    DOB: 12/12/57
    Height/Weight: 6'1"-6'2", 190-205 lbs
    Hair/Eyes- Graying brown, green eyes.
    Scars and Marks- Anthony has a cross shaped scar on his L calf, a scar on his chest, a scar on his abdomen and his L leg was previously fractured.
    Clothing- Salmon colored shirt, wrangler jeans, wedding ring, Seiko watch.

Mr. Holland's last independent sighting was at the Elk City Gun show on the same day he disappeared. He spoke to his mother on the way home from the show. He left behind his wallet, his checkbook, his DL and all his personal possessions. His extended cab 1996 green Chevy pick up was found on one of his properties, locked with the keys inside. It's location was one mile north of Vanderwork Lake. Tracking dogs could not recover a scent. Shortly afterwards, on June 24, his cell phone was also located on his farm, not far from his truck.

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Investigative...ons/index.html

IF YOU HAVE SEEN HOLLAND SINCE HE WAS REPORTED MISSING, PLEASE CALL:
    Washita County Sheriff’s Office at (580) 832-2370
    or
    Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation at 1-800-522-8017
    Last edited by Salem; 03-31-2011 at 11:47 AM.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_...nd-reward.html

Anthony Holland's brother, Kevin Holland, announced Thursday that he is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person[s] responsible for Anthony's disappearance.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com...y-holland.html
    The last time any family members heard from Anthony Holland was on Fathers Day this year. He was last seen at 5:30 p.m., Sunday, June 21, 2009 at his home in Cordell, Oklahoma. About one hour earlier, he had returned home from a gun show held at Elk City, Oklahoma. He visited with his wife, stated he had errands to run, and he has not been seen since. On the following day, his abandoned farm truck was found and later his cell phone was found approximately 8 miles from his home on farm land he owns. All his personal items, such as wallet, check book, driver’s license, large amount of cash, and pocket knife were discovered at his home.
    Gary Haugen

I found a facebook page for him too:

http://ja-jp.facebook.com/pages/Frie...19070614770934

OSBI missing persons list. Anthony is the 4th one down.

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Investigative...ons/index.html

In Feb. of 2002, Anthony and his wife Deborah, filed a small claims suit against Kurt Vanderveer;

http://www1.odcr.com/detail.php?Case...21&County=075-

On Oct. 23,2008, Deborah Holland filed a Foreclousre of Mortgage suit against James Hall III;

http://www1.odcr.com/detail.php?Case...35&County=075-

Anthony returned home from a gun show in Elk City. I would like to know if he had a habit of carrying a large amount of cash with him? If he did, someone from the gun show could have followed him home to rob him.

Quote Originally Posted by little726 View Post
    Anthony returned home from a gun show in Elk City. I would like to know if he had a habit of carrying a large amount of cash with him? If he did, someone from the gun show could have followed him home to rob him.
    He left the money behind on the counter with his wallet-3K IIRC.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

http://findanthonyholland.blogspot.com/

Website for Anthony Holland
    and
    it also mentions Melissa Flores, missing from Cordell,OK since 2007.
    Gary Haugen

Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com...y-holland.html
    The last time any family members heard from Anthony Holland was on Fathers Day this year. He was last seen at 5:30 p.m., Sunday, June 21, 2009 at his home in Cordell, Oklahoma. About one hour earlier, he had returned home from a gun show held at Elk City, Oklahoma. He visited with his wife, stated he had errands to run, and he has not been seen since. On the following day, his abandoned farm truck was found and later his cell phone was found approximately 8 miles from his home on farm land he owns. All his personal items, such as wallet, check book, driver’s license, large amount of cash, and pocket knife were discovered at his home.
    I have lots of questions.

Did he have a habit of leaving his home without these items? Or was that something he only did that day?

Are all his guns accounted for? Did he make a purchase at the gun show? If unknown, do the Feds show a gun check that day or previous days?

Do his phone pings match his whereabouts that day? What time and where was the last ping? Who was the last person he was in contact with on his phone?

Has the family brought any type of search dogs in?

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    He left the money behind on the counter with his wallet-3K IIRC.
    Yes, I understand that. But did he have a large amount of cash with him at the gun show?

Why reach out to WS after 18 months? I know we have the best sleuthers on the web... but why wait so long?

Could it be that they suspected he had disappeared on his own and they expected him to make contact before now? If so, did he do this before?

I admit that I haven't had time yet to read attachments, but -

My first thought was keys locked in truck, walk for help, snake bite or heart attack in the heat.

Second thought was abandoned locked truck with keys inside sounds like case near Eufaula, OK - 221 miles away (3.5 hrs) according to Google...

Quote Originally Posted by little726 View Post
    Yes, I understand that. But did he have a large amount of cash with him at the gun show?
    Good question-my assumption was that the money he had was the 3K, but you are right to ask. I do not know and perhaps his family can weigh in?

Search dogs were used outside the truck perimeter. I do not believe all of his properties were searched-I have been told there was an immediate family member who was opposed to an extended search.

I believe the three options that were looked at and were being looked at were suicide, voluntary missing and involuntary missing. Obviously suicide is a possibility on the surface, but then the question becomes how and why would you hide your own body if you made that choice?
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by watcher9 View Post
    Why reach out to WS after 18 months? I know we have the best sleuthers on the web... but why wait so long?

Could it be that they suspected he had disappeared on his own and they expected him to make contact before now? If so, did he do this before?

I admit that I haven't had time yet to read attachments, but -

My first thought was keys locked in truck, walk for help, snake bite or heart attack in the heat.

Second thought was abandoned locked truck with keys inside sounds like case near Eufaula, OK - 221 miles away (3.5 hrs) according to Google...
    For most families of the missing, there is a period of time where they deal strictly with law enforcement and are guided by law enforcement. If they become frustrated because they feel they are not receiving the answers they are looking for, they reach out.

Personally, it doesnt seem hinky to me-I think they feel they have waited long enough.

What we have that LE does not have is a legion of sleuthers who will dig through everything they can find out on the internet once a case grabs them. LE has cases coming in on a daily basis they have to address-it makes it hard to keep plugging on the ones that grow cold.

I am not saying that this is the case here-OSBI has more resources than local LE and they may have an inside track that we have no idea they have.

ETA: Yes it does indeed sound like a case you referenced.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast