835 users online (123 members and 712 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Pretrial motions

I heard today on the WRAL noon news that a pretrial motions hearing scheduled for today has been moved to Friday, Feb 4th. The report did not say what the motions were. There is no report on the WRAL website at this time.

The Wake Superior Court calendar has not yet been updated with the new date.

Video of pre trial motions going on now.....seems to be live.

http://www.wral.com/news/video/9058102/#/vid9058102

Thanks for the article and the heads up Lori - I didn't realize the FBI had sent in "undercover" agents - cool.

I have been not so patiently waiting for this fellow to head for his trial.

March 7 isn't too far away and good old WRAL did not forget about him.
    Last edited by raisincharlie; 02-04-2011 at 06:02 PM.
    Racing Doesn't Lie

Talking Hope to see it..

Seems to me, that if the Court allowed the cameras to film the pre-trial motions today, that they will allow audio/video of the trial. At the beginning part of the pre-trial motions and arraignment today, the judge talked as if he just assumed that the trial would be filmed. They may only have still photos of some witnesses, etc., but I hope, hope, hope that we will be able to see it live.

Quote Originally Posted by borndem View Post
    Seems to me, that if the Court allowed the cameras to film the pre-trial motions today, that they will allow audio/video of the trial. At the beginning part of the pre-trial motions and arraignment today, the judge talked as if he just assumed that the trial would be filmed. They may only have still photos of some witnesses, etc., but I hope, hope, hope that we will be able to see it live.
    Yes, I think WRAL will be in the court room....they also discussed the noise of the camera and not wanting it to be a distraction during the trial. Discussed set up of the court room they will be in and the fact that there is a booth where the camera could be placed. Judge also asked for heads up on witnesses not to be filmed so arrangements could be made.

The judge said there will be a live pool video camera in the courtroom.
    The state's motion was to blackout media coverage only when the undercover LE witnesses take the stand. WRAL will carry the complete trial live (streaming) from opening statements to verdict.

Smile Another Newbie

Hello to all Sleuths -- I am a newbie to posting on WS, but I have followed Nancy, Michelle Y, and Kathy Taft (since she was brutalized in a house so near to me, as is the case with a couple of you folks) -- anyway, I've followed since all of those WS pages started. So pleeeeze bear with me...

I am hesitant to say this, but I wonder how the State will make a firm case against BC for 1st Degree Murder -- oh, I hope they can -- but did BC premeditate the event and was he "cool of mind" (these two, if I'm not mistaken, must be there for 1st D.M.)? Or did they just have a big argument/fight and did he just kill her in hot rage? Or did the State talk 1st Degree just to possibly have him plead to 2nd? If any of you have thoughts and the time to discuss, I would like some reassurance that he might be on the bizznezz end of a long, long sleep. Thanks to you all.

Hello to all Sleuths -- I am a newbie to posting on WS, but I have followed Nancy, Michelle Y, and Kathy Taft (since she was brutalized in a house so near to me, as is the case with a couple of you folks) -- anyway, I've followed since all of those WS pages started. So pleeeeze bear with me...

I am hesitant to say this, but I wonder how the State will make a firm case against BC for 1st Degree Murder -- oh, I hope they can -- but did BC premeditate the event and was he "cool of mind" (these two, if I'm not mistaken, must be there for 1st D.M.)? Or did they just have a big argument/fight and did he just kill her in hot rage? Or did the State talk 1st Degree just to possibly have him plead to 2nd? If any of you have thoughts and the time to discuss, I would like some reassurance that he might be on the bizznezz end of a long, long sleep. Thanks to you all.
    Borndem, Wake County NC will finally see justice for 2 slain mothers within 4 months in 2011.
    Personally, I think Brad acted in a 'fit of rage' when he killed Nancy. Just because he did not meticulously plan like Jason Young, his sudden actions still constitute first degree murder....all it takes is a split second of malice aforethough to send him to to prison for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
    Borndem, Wake County NC will finally see justice for 2 slain mothers within 4 months in 2011.
    Personally, I think Brad acted in a 'fit of rage' when he killed Nancy. Just because he did not meticulously plan like Jason Young, his sudden actions still constitute first degree murder....all it takes is a split second of malice aforethough to send him to to prison for life.

JTF - Thanks for that bit of wisdom about the split second -- and that does make me feel much better about the justice that BC deserves as well as the justice-done for his daughters and for NC, bless her. And the other trial will be Jason Young?? Or if not, who? TIA.

JTF - Thanks for that bit of wisdom about the split second -- and that does make me feel much better about the justice that BC deserves as well as the justice-done for his daughters and for NC, bless her. And the other trial will be Jason Young?? Or if not, who? TIA.
    Yes, Jason Young is set to stand trial for murder in the same courthouse, starting 5-16-11.

Shaping up to be a busy spring in the halls of justice. Plan on attending at least a couple days of each trial.

Hi All,

Finally, finally the wheels of justice are slowly spinning.

I'm planning to attend a few days of the Cooper trial, if I can get a seat.

BC's body language was interesting -- he was hunched over when standing, shoulders rolled forward. Not looking very confident. I'm sure it's rather sobering to see what the state's got to present.

Angry Brad the Bad

SG, I noticed his slumped shoulders, too. I wondered if that is his natural posture, as you often see with tall people, or if it could have been a tell-tale sign of his outlook these days. Do you really think his narcissistic personality would let him feel it and unconsciously show it? Here's hopin' it's so...

I would really like to be there a day or so, too -- a first for me. I guess it's just FCFS for seating. And I guess we'll have to wait & see if he takes the stand. Seems to me it would take a lot of persuasion to keep Narcissus out of the witness chair, since he IS the smartest one in the room (any room!), but if his shoulders really do speak to that, maybe he'll keep quiet... But I would LOVE to see him up there on the hot seat...

I don't believe he will take the stand (nor will necessarily even want to).

I think his lawyers will be working to try and discredit any physical evidence and try to suggest 'others' who Nancy might have associated with, to raise doubt, neither of which require his testimony. Since he has no alibi or witnesses to his activities between the hours of 10:30pm to 9am (other than the Harris Teeter videos at 6:40am and some reading of NC's email around 10:30pm) I can't see how him testifying can possibly help his case.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast