GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Instructions for Chat:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Hello everyone - Welcome to Currently Awaiting Trial.

Please read and thank this post, before posting in the thread. Anyone who doesn't read and thank the post, and then posts, will be given 1 warning to read the post and abide by the rules.

There are special rules that apply to this thread!
1. All discussion of case players must be by initial ONLY.
2. Others rules may be added at any time, depending on legalities, so remember to check this post frequently.

Some things to remember:

If you see a post that violates the TOS - report it by hitting the little red triangle (Alert button) in the upper right corner of the post. If you respond to the post, you will be held accountable as having broken the TOS.

WS does not allow bickering, name calling, snarky or rude remarks. Be aware that posts will be judged on AMERICAN standards, which may be different than those in the UK.

Please Do NOT tell others what to post.

Please Do NOT discuss moderation. If you have a question, PM a mod (you can find them via 'View Forum Leaders') or use the Alert button.

PLEASE use restraint in referring to those who have not been named as suspects and use initials only.
---

X Also, PhillB has done an excellent map of the area in question; it can be referred to here:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UK - Joanna Yeates, Clifton, Bristol, 17 December 2010 - #3

UPDATED list of persons in discussion list:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UK - Joanna Yeates Clifton, Bristol, 17 December 2010 - #11

Terrific discussion and sleuthing so far - an incredible amount of work has been done by a good many talented WSers. Welcome to those new to the case! Excellent links to information from media abound within the threads; familiarizing yourself with the case will enhance your understanding of the case discussion.

LINKS TO PREVIOUS THREADS

Websleuths TOS - The Rules You will find Threadequitte tips here also. Please refer to them if you are having trouble stating your opinion without attacking others.

Assigned Mods for this Forum are Salem and fran. Please contact us if you have questions or need help with something.

Thanks,

Salem

Joanna Yeates's body released to family for funeral

Father says they feel 'lucky' they can give her a proper funeral after suspect Vincent Tabak appears in court for third time

Monday 31 January 2011 18.47 GMT

Excerpt: "During a preliminary hearing at Bristol crown court it emerged that Tabak's defence team had instructed Nat Carey, one of the UK's leading pathologists, to carry out a postmortem and after that examination last week, the body was released to the family, clearing the way for the funeral to take place."

Read more: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jan/31/joanna-yeates-funeral-vincent-tabak

Joanna Yeates's body released to family for funeral

Father says they feel 'lucky' they can give her a proper funeral after suspect Vincent Tabak appears in court for third time

Monday 31 January 2011 18.47 GMT

Excerpt: "During a preliminary hearing at Bristol crown court it emerged that Tabak's defence team had instructed Nat Carey, one of the UK's leading pathologists, to carry out a postmortem and after that examination last week, the body was released to the family, clearing the way for the funeral to take place."

Read more: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jan/31/joanna-yeates-funeral-vincent-tabak

Latest on Sky News.
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...leased-As-Vincent-Tabaks-Murder-Trial-Is-Set-

The Dutch engineer appeared at Bristol Crown Court via videolink from HMP Long Lartin, in Worcestershire, as a timetable for the trial was set out.
In court, V/T was shown on a screen, seated at a table with his hands clasped in front of him, and wearing a red jumper and dark trousers.
He appeared calm and relaxed as proceedings were relayed to him.
A plea hearing was set for May 4, and V/T was told that a provisional trial date had also been fixed for October 4 at Bristol Crown Court.
However, the judge, the Hon Mr Justice Treacy, stressed this was subject to "further consideration".
He told V/T: "Your next appearance in court will be May 4 - do you understand?"
V/T replied: "Yes, I understand. Thank you."
The accused made no application for bail and was remanded in custody at the end of the hearing.

I think that one reason why the girlfriend of VT would be more concerned after the murder is that she could have been staying at the flat while VT was in the US, and it would have been a greater concern knowing that she was staying there alone for 6 weeks just shortly before Joanna was staying alone for only a weekend ... and she was murdered.

This also, to some degree, puts into perspective comments that Joanna was not seen around the flat much before the murder. Maybe people were remembering the time when VT was in the US, and perhaps, in fact, neither of them were around much during that time period.

20f49j4.jpg

I noticed last night on court serve that Vincent Tabak was going to be via video link from Long Lartin in Worcestershire but any references made by the press, that I could find anyway, said that he had been moved to a prison in Gloucester. Now, even a Scot like me knows that Gloucester is in Gloucestershire (isn't it???)

Again another example of the press talking mince.

BTW I wonder why he appeared via video link. Is this the new way to save money etc? is it optional or would there have been some other reason?

I think that one reason why the girlfriend of VT would be more concerned after the murder is that she could have been staying at the flat while VT was in the US, and it would have been a greater concern knowing that she was staying there alone for 6 weeks just shortly before Joanna was staying alone for only a weekend ... and she was murdered.

This also, to some degree, puts into perspective comments that Joanna was not seen around the flat much before the murder. Maybe people were remembering the time when VT was in the US, and perhaps, in fact, neither of them were around much during that time period.

Beautiful picture of Joanna, makes it so real and so tragic for her family.

After reading back through the threads I have a couple of things I would like clearing up in my mind. . A few times GRs alibi has been stated as "cast iron" I have not seen this reported anywhere does anyone know what his alibi is?. The other thing is the "Christening of his neices the twins" that got a mention a few times. I must have missed this one aswell, the grandparents didnt go as GR rang his mum as soon as he got home at 8pm on Sunday.

Lastly if VT had been in the US in the run up to Christmas and GR and JY didnt move in until November he would hardly had time to "covert her" that was also mentioned a few times. VT would probably not have know what she looked like- its so bizarre and doesnt sit well.

Nice picture, it would be nice if it was posted on this page.

Anyone know how to post pictures on the front page like video's, or maybe it won't post on this page?.

I tried the other night briefly and failed. Google it. The same settings must apply to all forums of this format (I assume)

Beautiful picture of Joanna, makes it so real and so tragic for her family.

After reading back through the threads I have a couple of things I would like clearing up in my mind. . A few times GRs alibi has been stated as "cast iron" I have not seen this reported anywhere does anyone know what his alibi is?. The other thing is the "Christening of his neices the twins" that got a mention a few times. I must have missed this one aswell, the grandparents didnt go as GR rang his mum as soon as he got home at 8pm on Sunday.

Lastly if VT had been in the US in the run up to Christmas and GR and JY didnt move in until November he would hardly had time to "covert her" that was also mentioned a few times. VT would probably not have know what she looked like- its so bizarre and doesnt sit well.

We dont know EXACTLY what the alibi is - well I have never heard the police say what it is. BUT I am assuming its the timings regarding his visit to his brothers up north and possibly cctv/mobile phone reception etc. I dont think the police would step over him to arrest/suspect/charge the neighbours if his alibi wasn't solid.

When we had the press conference from the police where they stated that he was not a suspect - were they at that point able to analyse the DNA?

Why hasn't VT's legal team applied for bail?

From what I have read there many people who seriously doubt he is the perpetrator, even to the extent of raising funds for his defence.

At this early stage would the defence team have been given details of the evidence related to the murder charge?

Is the L/L still on police bail?

Anyone know how to post pictures on the front page like video's, or maybe it won't post on this page?.

Here's a bit of help regarding posting images to forums.

http://www.ibdguy.com/posting.shtml

You need to host your images onto a photo hosting website like flickr, photobucket, or Image Shack. They generate an image IMG code you embed in this comment section.
Lots of different ways to do it really. Forum tags if you use Firefox for example.

It looks a bit confusing at first, but is easy enough with a bit of practice.

Why hasn't VT's legal team applied for bail?

From what I have read there many people who seriously doubt he is the perpetrator, even to the extent of raising funds for his defence.

At this early stage would the defence team have been given details of the evidence related to the murder charge?

Is the L/L still on police bail?

Yes the LL is still a suspect too. I have read that the defence will only find out the full details of evidence in May at the next court hearing. Not sure if that is true. If VT doesnt know the exact evidence against him how can he plead innocent of guilty, but has to wait 4 months to find out? Does anyone know if this is true?

Yes the LL is still a suspect too. I have read that the defence will only find out the full details of evidence in May at the next court hearing. Not sure if that is true. If VT doesnt know the exact evidence against him how can he plead innocent of guilty, but has to wait 4 months to find out? Does anyone know if this is true?

He/his team must know some of the evidence against him (or else surely they wouldnt be able to hold him). The four months before the plea would I imagine give the defence team time to analyse the evidence and gather their own before deciding what to plea. Which would make him sound guilty - but I suppose this is the norm. Also by not applying for bail - none of the evidence against him is exposed to the press. ANY information leaked by word of mouth could be devastating to both parties.

To be fair, if he is innocent, he should be pleading as such, now matter what evidence the police allege to have.

FAO: Otto

When you have a minute, can you just clarify what VT's brother said about VT being in the States for work? from what I can gather, he was in the States for 6 weeks? JY & GR had only been in the flat a couple of months, so I am guessing he only would have been around them for a couple of weeks before Dec 17th? TYIA.

I do wonder at times it could have been a case of mistaken identity? was VT's GF the target?

Nice picture, it would be nice if it was posted on this page.

Lots of help here at this link. :)

"Forum Finesse Technical tips, tutorials and troubleshooting for those days when the inability to login or add an image to your signature leaves you frustrated."

Forum Finesse - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member