1022 users online (150 members and 872 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lawyer says jail hanky-panky was "a hug gone bad," not sex

Despite former public defender Theresa Olson's explanation that it was only a "hug gone bad," two King County Jail guards testified yesterday that they saw her doing much more than that with her client, a man facing triple murder charges, in a jail meeting room two years ago. "I thought I saw two individuals having sex," said King County corrections officer Leander Glenn.

The guards' testimony came during the first day of a Washington State Bar Association disciplinary hearing that will help decide Olson's professional fate in a scandal that has endured in Seattle's legal and law-enforcement communities.

Olson is accused of having sex with client Sebastian Burns, later found guilty with friend Atif Rafay of killing Rafay's father, mother and sister in their Bellevue home.

The state bar claims Olson broke a legal-ethics rule adopted in 2000 that prohibits lawyers from having sexual relations with clients. It is recommending that Olson be suspended for one year. The final decision on the proposed sanctions rests with the state Supreme Court.

Full Story

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Despite former public defender Theresa Olson's explanation that it was only a "hug gone bad," two King County Jail guards testified yesterday that they saw her doing much more than that with her client, a man facing triple murder charges, in a jail meeting room two years ago. "I thought I saw two individuals having sex," said King County corrections officer Leander Glenn.

The guards' testimony came during the first day of a Washington State Bar Association disciplinary hearing that will help decide Olson's professional fate in a scandal that has endured in Seattle's legal and law-enforcement communities.

Olson is accused of having sex with client Sebastian Burns, later found guilty with friend Atif Rafay of killing Rafay's father, mother and sister in their Bellevue home.

The state bar claims Olson broke a legal-ethics rule adopted in 2000 that prohibits lawyers from having sexual relations with clients. It is recommending that Olson be suspended for one year. The final decision on the proposed sanctions rests with the state Supreme Court.

Full Story
    Do you not have to have a brain to become a lawyer? Where was this woman's brain?

Quote Originally Posted by Lakergirl123
    Do you not have to have a brain to become a lawyer? Where was this woman's brain?
    Ick! Who wants to hug a 3 time murderer? And who hugs their lawyer, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by bookbakery
    And who hugs their lawyer, anyway?
    LOL ~ there is a thread on the bizarre board about a client stabbing his lawyer in the buttock

Sexy, sexy........hugging an inmate and having sex in a dirty jail......

Quote Originally Posted by bookbakery
    Ick! Who wants to hug a 3 time murderer? And who hugs their lawyer, anyway?

We don't get anywhere those types of cases here, but I remember watching a documentary about a woman who was about to be executed and her attorney's struggles to get her out of it. Her name was Wanda and it was called "The Execution of Wanda." I don't remember her last name or state. Anyway, her attorney was a fat pig who was constantly touching the family members and the prisoner and hugging everyone. I was almost screaming at my television telling him to keep his hands to himself. I don't understand that sort of thing at ALL!

Here is the part that I find most odd:
    The state bar claims Olson broke a legal-ethics rule adopted in 2000 that prohibits lawyers from having sexual relations with clients. It is recommending that Olson be suspended for one year. The final decision on the proposed sanctions rests with the state Supreme Court. This has only been a rule since 2000?
    I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for pretending to be someone I'm not.

i would like to know how this bimbo pulled this off...in "my" jail the attorneys visit their clients in consultation rooms that are private as far as hearing conversation, but open glass for viewing by personnel...for the civilian's own protection!, as well as because of the possibility an attorney could bring contraband to his/her client. thay are "wanded" as they enter facility, but not patted down. this incident is not the first either...some lawyers have become way too emotionally involved with their clients.

If she could get anything "done" to this guy in the short time it takes to give someone a "hug," then he's worse than a one-minute man!! LOL He may want to stay in prison to avoid the shame of it all.

love

Ah... Looking for love in all the wrong places.
    This is my opinion, and change is good.

This would be Jayne Weintraub if she was representing ISP. I swear that woman is in love with him.
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

GO STEELERS!

Quote Originally Posted by lisad71
    This would be Jayne Weintraub if she was representing ISP. I swear that woman is in love with him.

lol lisa!! that i can see!

Quote Originally Posted by lex
    lol lisa!! that i can see!
    But, would you want to??

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    But, would you want to??

cass, only on a 'saterday nite live' skit! otherwise you're right

Quote Originally Posted by lex
    cass, only on a 'saterday nite live' skit! otherwise you're right
    Gosh. I don't know who they could get to play Jayne... (since Chris Farley died)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast