697 users online (89 members and 608 guests)  

Websleuths News

Couple charged after daughter takes mold-covered food to school

A Fairfax couple have been charged with child endangerment after their 17-year-old daughter brought two mold-covered lunches to school and police found the family living in a home filled with rotten food, dirty laundry, insects and cat feces, New Castle County police said.

The girl and her twin brother, the children of Ronald B. and Nancy E. Tieste, are staying with their grandmother, she said Sunday night. The Tiestes' home at 208 Waverly Road in Fairfax has been condemned by a county code inspector, police said.

The Tiestes could not be reached for comment Sunday night. Neighbors along Waverly Road said the Tiestes' house was always filled with trash, but the children usually seemed happy and healthy.

The case against the Tiestes is spelled out in documents filed in Justice of the Peace Court by a New Castle County police officer on Friday. Police released information about the charges Sunday.

The investigation began Friday when officials at Brandywine High School called county police after the Tiestes' daughter, who has Down syndrome, came to school Thursday and Friday with lunches covered in black mold, according to court documents. One lunch was a package of Lunchables-brand chicken wraps that expired May 22, and the other was a Pathmark-brand lunch pizza that expired July 17.

A state family crisis therapist who works at the school told police the Tiestes had been arrested previously after similar problems, court documents show. No further details on those charges could be obtained Sunday night.

http://www.delawareonline.com/newsjo...unchestri.html

Those British house cleaning ladies need to cover this case!!!!

This occurred here where I live. Apparently the exact same thing happened 2 years ago. The children were removed from the home for 6 months, the parents attended parenting classes and cleaned up. Obviously it didn't last. The father is a banker in Philadelphia. One would think that he would have to be presentable for this job. The mother teaches school! Is this the sort of person you want teaching your children? I'm going to have to look very carefully into this before Butterbean starts Kindergarten next year if they allow people who have been convicted of child neglect to teach school in this town!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle
    This occurred here where I live. Apparently the exact same thing happened 2 years ago. The children were removed from the home for 6 months, the parents attended parenting classes and cleaned up. Obviously it didn't last. The father is a banker in Philadelphia. One would think that he would have to be presentable for this job. The mother teaches school! Is this the sort of person you want teaching your children? I'm going to have to look very carefully into this before Butterbean starts Kindergarten next year if they allow people who have been convicted of child neglect to teach school in this town!
    awww, what a sweet nickname.. Butterbean.

Quote Originally Posted by bookbakery
    awww, what a sweet nickname.. Butterbean.
    She is a vegetarian by choice (at 4) and butterbeans are some of her favorites. She's blonde and her hair color is the same as the beans. So, it just came out (of our drunk neighbors) one day and it stuck.

Wouldn't a 17 year old know what mold is and not eat that stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Wouldn't a 17 year old know what mold is and not eat that stuff?

She has Downs -
    And thats all I have to say about that!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle
    Ah, but they weren't CONVICTED, just sent to parenting school. You never know how bad your teacher might be unless they actually get arrested for something. They can hover on the edge for years.
    Just the facts, Ma'am.