Thread: "I'm Not Buying It!"/Police watching for sex trafficking during Super Bowl

"I'm Not Buying It!"/Police watching for sex trafficking during Super Bowl

I know this had been posted to the Human Trafficking thread and even added to the thread I started about the girls in "the game". As my daughter is one of those trafficked, I know exactly how this system works. I have no doubt she's headed to Dallas as I type. The Super Bowl equals big money for the pimps. IOW, guys, these are your daughters, your nieces, your next door neighbors. These are children. I really think we need this front and center:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_super_...ljZXdhdGNoZg--

Police watch for sex trafficking ahead of big game

"As thousands of football fans descend on Texas for Sunday's Super Bowl, law enforcement agencies are keeping watch for a different kind of out-of-town visitor: pimps selling children for sex.

Cities that host the big game often attract a bustling sex trade. This year, Texas authorities and advocacy groups are stepping up their anti-prostitution efforts, especially where young girls are concerned...."

and

"....Pimps hawking young girls see the thousands of men who travel to the Super Bowl each year as a gold mine of potential clients. Police in and around host cities have tried for years to crack down on prostitution by conducting stings or increasing patrols during Super Bowl week. Only in recent years have underage girls come to light in increasing numbers.
    "This is a very large issue. We want people to know what human trafficking looks like...."

more at link

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:

Bumping this.

This is so tragic and disgusting. At the same time, hopefully this story will shine more light on the human trafficking going on all the time, and cause more people to be on the watch for it. I read a MSM article about flight attendants on airlines being trained to look for signs of child trafficking, which sounds like a good idea.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nyc For This Useful Post:

The way I see it, human trafficking awareness is about where child sexual abuse awareness was 15-20 years ago. It's slow but there's progress. The more it's talked about, the more people (including possible victims) will be aware.