1219 users online (238 members and 981 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TX - Jami Hicks, 12, Mesquite, Sept 2004

*Police Search Continues: Amber Alert Issued for 12 Year-Old Girl Jami Hicks
    Team Amber Alert National (Texas, USA) -- An Amber Alert was issued early Tuesday morning statewide by Police in cooperation with Texas Department of Safety. “Jami Hicks is a 12-year-old girl believed to be in great danger from her stepfather James Roy Hudachek,” stated Police Sgt. Greenhaw of Mesquite P.D.,” We have been searching for missing Mesquite girl since late Friday in Mesquite, Texas and surrounding counties. Law Enforcements needs the publics assistance to locate this child”.

http://www.teamamberalert.net/news/m...ticle&sid=3839

I saw this on Greta last night, they interviewed the mom and read a letter the step dad wrote the girl.....sickening it was almost like he was proposing marriage to his step daughter......this girl is in trouble....I hope they find her.

Prayer for 11 year old Jami Hicks

I will pray for her every night until she is returned

I really do hope they find her

I hope they find ketch James Roy Hudachek as well

I like this happens so often we just dont know when

The mom mentioned that the stepdad took all of her records with him, SSN, birth cert, and shot records.....Mom fears he is going to try to change her identity and possibly try to marry her.

What a scary situation...!!! I hope there is a break in the case soon.

Question

Anyone have any links to news articles? Anymore information about the letter or info provided by mom to police other than this guy wants her for a wife?

Where are his roots? Texas? or Utah? Colorado? Are these possible destination points?

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryMomma
    I saw this on Greta last night, they interviewed the mom and read a letter the step dad wrote the girl.....sickening it was almost like he was proposing marriage to his step daughter......this girl is in trouble....I hope they find her.
    I saw this also. The letter he wrote almost sounded like a love letter. I was sickened by it. I hope they find her soon. In a way, this reminds me of the Elizabeth Smart case. Even though, Elizabeth wasn't taken by a family member, the whole child bride/religous scenario reminded me of it.

I hope Jami is found unharmed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fran Bancroft
    Anyone have any links to news articles? Anymore information about the letter or info provided by mom to police other than this guy wants her for a wife?

Where are his roots? Texas? or Utah? Colorado? Are these possible destination points?
    Fran,
    I don't have any links but have heard bits and pieces of the letter on local news. He did say in the letter that he hasn't received "permission" to "go all the way yet" with the girl, from his "pastor". This "pastor" he is referring to is associated with a really out-there sounding church not affiliated with any particular religion. Sounds more like a cult to me. He said in the letter that if he couldn't be with her then he didn't want to live.

The mom makes me really mad. I know she is desperate to find her daughter, but why did she bring this man into her home with her children, if she knew he had problems? She was on the news complaining about how the police did not issue an Amber Alert soon enough, but at the same time, she knew that this guy was obsessed with her 12 year old daughter and let him remain in the home and even left the girl and her brothers alone with him Friday evening. That's when he took off with the girl, I think.

imo

Bizarre!

What's the info on the pastor and the "religion"?

OK, guys, this is pretty weird:
    http://thedooroflife.bravehost.com/

I'm thinking this guy is talking to himself. Read about his family. it has to be him.

More

http://www.assemblyofyhwh.com/
    Just the facts, Ma'am.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwheel

I'm thinking this guy is talking to himself. Read about his family. it has to be him.

More

Yes, that is the church mentioned on the news. They didn't say that he was the "leader" of the church, though, but it sure sounds like it! Yahuweh is the name of the person he was saying he needed to get permission from to "go all the way". The news person said Yahuweh was the pastor of the church, but from the website, it sounds like Yahuweh is his "god".

Very very strange. They never mentioned on the news that he started this church.

imo

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwheel

More

Oh good....thanks for the link Ghostwheel...they talked about him having a website but couldn't find it. The letter was long and wish they would post it. The mother seemed pretty ho-hum to me. I hope they find her soon soon soon!!!!! The poster with his pic on it, that showed on Greta last night, said above his pic that he's a very, very sick man. How could the mother let this man live there? She said he was very jealous of Jami talking to other boys, etc. From the sound of it she seemed to realize it was more than the regular protective parent. Big Red Flag IMO.

Sassy

Question

This is the pastor?

I looked at the links and the family. The pastor, wife of 10 years and 4 kids. Did I miss it? What was wierd?

The church doesn't seem "mainstream" but I didn't see anything particularily whacky. What did you see?

Quote Originally Posted by Juliana
    Fran,
    I don't have any links but have heard bits and pieces of the letter on local news. He did say in the letter that he hasn't received "permission" to "go all the way yet" with the girl, from his "pastor". This "pastor" he is referring to is associated with a really out-there sounding church not affiliated with any particular religion. Sounds more like a cult to me. He said in the letter that if he couldn't be with her then he didn't want to live.

The mom makes me really mad. I know she is desperate to find her daughter, but why did she bring this man into her home with her children, if she knew he had problems? She was on the news complaining about how the police did not issue an Amber Alert soon enough, but at the same time, she knew that this guy was obsessed with her 12 year old daughter and let him remain in the home and even left the girl and her brothers alone with him Friday evening. That's when he took off with the girl, I think.

imo
    Yes, and he has two biological children with the mother. She said he treated Jami different than his own sons. He left them unattended when he took off with her!!!!

What's weird is the "pastor" of the church is the step-dad who ran away with the 12 year old girl after writing her love letters about "going all the way".

I had to double check the names before I realized it was the same family.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast