990 users online (134 members and 856 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

FL - Christina Voltaire, 22, Winter Haven, 08 Jan 2011

at request of gumshoemamma

Winter Haven, Florida - Winter Haven Police are searching for a missing college student. 22 year old Christina Voltaire was last seen at her Winter Haven apartment complex where she lived alone.

Police consider her possibly endangered. 10 News spoke with Christina's father, John Yves Voltaire, of Melbourne. He says his daughter called him two months ago at 1 a.m. John says she told him she'd been abused by a boyfriend and that she wanted to someone to know in case something happened to her.

more here

http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/...storyid=172236
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

WINTER HAVEN | A former boyfriend of a missing 22-year-old Winter Haven woman has not spoken with investigators about her disappearance.

The reason, police say: He lawyered up.

Christina Voltaire has been missing since Jan. 8. She was last seen at an apartment in southeast Winter Haven.

She is connected to a former boyfriend acquitted in a Lakeland shooting and to another man who describes himself as "a close friend."

more here

http://www.theledger.com/article/201...-Gets-A-Lawyer
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Thank you so much! This guy that "borrowed" her car seems hinky to me, so do some of the other aquaintences that are mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by gumshoemamma View Post
    Thank you so much! This guy that "borrowed" her car seems hinky to me, so do some of the other aquaintences that are mentioned.
    Yep - lotta hinky going on, gumshoemamma.

<snip>

Gilles told The Ledger Voltaire had her laptop on the bed, had been doing homework and had not feeling well. She is a student at Keiser University and took her education seriously, Gilles said.

Gilles said he left Voltaire for 45 minutes, during which time she disappeared. Police said they checked on Gilles' whereabouts during the 45 minutes and his alibi checked out.

When Gilles last saw her, Voltaire was wearing a black robe.

http://www.theledger.com/article/201...0/?tc=obinsite
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

There is another missing girl from FL. Does anyone know how close they are?

it is about a 3 1/2 hour drive between Jacksonville and Winterhaven.

Be interesting to see if the brothers have a relationship with the mechanic.
    "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." - James Dewar

http://www.wtsp.com/news/mostpop/sto...6&provider=top

There is just a tad bit of new info in here but nothing big. I wish there was more coverage on this case.

Missing Winter Haven student "had a critical decision to make"

Winter Haven, Florida - For the first time, we're hearing from the father of a missing Winter Haven college student. Jean Voltaire says his daughter was worried sick about a critical decision she had to make right before she disappeared.

He says he can't believe his 22-year-old daughter, Christina Voltaire, is still missing.
    Jean Voltaire says she wasn't having any problems at school but he does say she had one critical decision to make in her personal life. "She had to choose between Dieuseul and this guy that borrowed her car."

more here + video

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story...3871&catid=250
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Man Denies Having Part In Woman's Vanishing

WINTER HAVEN| An ex-boyfriend of a missing 22-year-old Winter Haven woman says he had nothing to do with her disappearance.
    Dieuseul (pronounced Due-cell) Pierre-Gilles said he broke off a romantic involvement with Voltaire after discovering that he was not the father of her child, who died a year ago.

Winter Haven police investigators want to interview Pierre-Gilles, 30. But Police Chief Gary Hester has said they want to do so without his lawyer, Byron Hileman, being present.

Pierre-Gilles said Wednesday in an interview with The Ledger that he wants to talk with investigators and said he has what may be valuable information. But he said Hileman will be there if and when police interview him.

much more here

http://www.theledger.com/article/201...an-s-Vanishing
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

I would think LE has looked at security cameras located near her apartment. Or what do the other neighbors say about the evening she disappeared.....
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    this case needs more attention in my opinion!!!!

Lots more info here about the situation: http://www.theledger.com/article/201...an-s-Vanishing

Pierre-Gilles was born in Haiti, moved to the United States in 2000 and lives in Winter Haven. He speaks English but sometimes stumbles with words or doesn't understand them.

Hileman, Pierre-Gilles' lawyer, said one of the reasons he insisted on accompanying his client to The Ledger interview and to any future interview with police is the language difficulty.

Hileman said Pierre-Gilles is quite willing to talk with police, "and if he had anything to do with this (disappearance), I wouldn't let him within 500 miles of the police station."

Pierre-Gilles said he met Voltaire at a party in 2007 and they soon developed a romance. He said they lived together for less than a year in 2007 and 2008. They stopped sharing a home but remained a couple.

She had a baby, Audrey, about two years ago. The year-old girl died Jan. 26, 2010. Pierre-Gilles said he had no reason to think he was not the father nor to think Voltaire was seeing anyone else.

"I really believed I was the father," he said.

The Medical Examiner's Office ruled the cause of Audrey's death as "undetermined." Pierre-Gilles said Voltaire was distraught, so he filed the insurance papers for the baby's death expenses. He said he was told to provide a birth certificate and when he obtained it, he said it listed another man as the father of Voltaire's child.
    Pierre-Gilles said he wasn't angry with Voltaire, but was very disappointed

Another sensitive situation for Pierre-Gilles is the [B]relationship between his brother, Charles, and Voltaire. Charles Pierre-Gilles, 25, lives in an apartment near Voltaire's. He had a close relationship with her and spent time with her earlier during the evening she disappeared. Charles Pierre-Gilles reported her missing to police.
    A pause followed a question to Dieseul Pierre-Gilles about whether Charles Pierre-Gilles had a romantic relationship with Voltaire.

"Yes," he said.

Another case where you can look in different directions and see different sinister possibilities. I don't like the fact that Charles denied they were involved romantically while both Dieuseul and Christina's dad seem to think otherwise. Would Dieuseul have said if it were Charles' name on the birth certificate?

http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/...-missing-woman

I hope they can solve this case, she deserves to be found.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast