1178 users online (230 members and 948 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #54

Hailey is 13 years old. She was heading to stay with a friend on Monday Dec. 27th but never made it. She is 5'1" with hazel eyes and brown hair. She also has pierced ears. She was last seen at 1804 Chestnut, wearing navy blue sweat pants, a light colored T-shirt and pink and white shoes.
    Anyone who has seen Hailey contact the Colorado City Police Dept. at 325-728-5294

Thread #1 Thread #2
    Thread #3 Thread #4
    Thread #5 Thread #6
    Thread #7 Thread #8
    Thread #9 Thread #10
    Thread #11 Thread #12
    Thread #13 Thread #14
    Thread #15 Thread #16
    Thread #17 Thread #18
    Thread #19 Thread #20
    Thread #21 Thread #22
    Thread #23 Thread #24
    Thread #25 Thread #26
    Thread #27 Thread #28
    Thread #29 Thread #30
    Thread #31 Thread #32
    Thread #33 Thread #34
    Thread #35 Thread #36
    Thread #37 Thread #38
    Thread #39 Thread #40
    Thread #41 Thread #42
    Thread #43 Thread #44
    Thread #45 Thread #46
    Thread #47 Thread #48
    Thread #49 Thread #50
    Thread #51 Thread #52
    Thread #53

Media Links
    Sar information for Hailey Dunn
    Hailey Dunn Facebook/You Tube/MM site

You must read this post and hit the 'thanks' button before you post in this thread.

We do not allow rumors to be posted or perpetuated at WS.
    Do not post a rumor or respond to a rumor.

No bashing Law Enforcement.

Direct quotes and screenshots from social networking sites are not allowed at WS.
    You may discuss what is on a social networking site but must include the link. However, do not discuss or link to sites that are private.
    Please do not post about other posters. That is a TOS violation because it is rude. It’s like talking behind someone’s back.
    The only appropriate way to respond to problematic posts is to hit the alert button. We will then look at the post and handle it asap. Do not respond to a problematic post. That compounds the problem and delays the solution.
    We do not allow the posting of personal information about people who have not been named as a POI or suspect by LE or MSM.
    You must include a link to where you found the information in your post.
    Just because a person is connected to a case doesn't mean we can immediately start using his/her name, even if it is an adult. There is no need to drag innocent people through the mud.
    If people start talking to the media about the case then yes, they have decided they want their identity known. Then you can use their names in posts here at WS.
    If suspects and family members are talked about in the major media outlets, you can use their names in posts here at WS.

We don't allow name posting of minors’ names, except for Hailey's, of course.

The full WS TOS and "rules" can be found here: The Rules

'Insiders' or "Locals"
    Before you post ANY inside information that could help this case PLEASE report it to the police first. Here at Websleuths, we don't care about having "scoops" or "bombshells." We care about the cases, the people involved, and making sure Websleuths is not hindering the investigation by allowing people to post inside information that the police do not have yet.
    If you know Hailey or her family and want to post about her, then WS admin needs to talk to you. Please email wsverify@xmission.com
    Include:
    The case
    Your Websleuths name
    Your phone number and a good time to call
    Your real name.
    In the subject line please put which case you are asking to be verified on.
    It will all be kept strictly confidential.
    Unless what you are saying can be verified by law enforcement and/or the media, it is not considered a "fact" here. You may personally know for 100% certainty that it is true, but unless you are verified and/or can back it up with a link, we do have to consider it to be a rumor. This is not to single anyone out or to ignore information, but to maintain the integrity of a case and keep the best interests of the victims at the forefront.
    Please do what is right by the case first before you post anything on Websleuths.
    Do not post about private conversations with case players unless the case player is aware that the conversation is going public.
    If you are a local or insider and your posts do not include any "inside" information, you do not need to be verified. Please remember, however, that information as simple as what Mom does for a living or where BF works are considered inside information.

Check for professional and locals here...
    Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Please Continue here...
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 02-25-2016 at 05:22 AM. Reason: broken links

No more Topix to be linked or discussed on the Hailey Dunn Threads.

There are too many rumors there that are not allowed here.

Thank this post so we know you've read it.

Originally Posted by grandmaj
    I'm seeing questions about sleuthing. Let me try to explain.

Persons named as a POI or Suspect are fully sleuthable.
    Minors are never sleuthable. When copying a quote from MSM we even change minor's names to initials only.
    Everyone else. You can discuss what they have said in media appearances, what the news has quoted them as saying, and their actions as reported in the news. We don't get into their personal lives, accuse them, discuss their background unless it is in MSM. Only discuss them so far as what MSM is reporting.

I hope this helps simplify sleuthing. I don't know too many people who don't have a skeleton or two in their closet. Just because they are related to, or somehow associated to a case like this, we can't destroy their reputation. Sometimes these associates or relatives move from this category to POI. Then the rules of sleuthing change.
    If you have questions drop a Moderator a PM and then you will know you are on safe ground before posting.
    Carry ON. Hailey.

Ok, this is a little off topic but not really,
    I have a Blackberry Identical to SA and It is the same year also… I check with the HID numbers from the Affidavit.
    Anyways… On the Blackberry there is an option that you can ping towers and change the setting to how many times in an hour you can have your phone do this… (don’t know why they have this)
    Nevertheless, I found that interesting… you can even ping OTHER local towers with it…Hmmm
    Also… On line there is a website, free… you can set up your phone to text people to their phone… and make whom it is coming from anyone with any number… Like you can make it look like BD phone is texting MB phone and you can set it up to send the text at any time you want… Like say 2:00 when you are busy doing something else.
    I am sure LE has checked this out....
    Now, I am not saying anyone in this case did this but it is interesting to know….
    “These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."

Well, I see we are still on the merry-go-round. And it appears the time line just got murkier than ever with BD's news conference.

I hope she doesn't hold another one anytime soon. I am already too cornfuzzled!

JMO, MOO, IMO, and all other disclaimers.
    Last edited by tezi; 02-02-2011 at 11:01 AM. Reason: fix error
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by tezi View Post
    Well, I see we are still on the merry-go-round. And it appears the time line just got murkier than ever with BD's news conference.

Betcha LE would disagree with you there, tezi.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by CN2Souls View Post
    I have a Blackberry Identical to SA and It is the same year also… I check with the HID numbers from the Affidavit.
    Anyways… On the Blackberry there is an option that you can ping towers and change the setting to how many times in an hour you can have your phone do this… (don’t know why they have this)
    Nevertheless, I found that interesting… you can even ping OTHER local towers with it…Hmmm
    Also… On line there is a website, free… you can set up your phone to text people to their phone… and make whom it is coming from anyone with any number… Like you can make it look like BD phone is texting MB phone and you can set it up to send the text at any time you want… Like say 2:00 when you are busy doing something else.
    Now, I am not saying anyone in this case did this but it is interesting to know….
    I'm NOT in any way questioning you...but this seems just sooo bizarre...is the website "legit" or like a hacker type of site showing people how to PURPOSELY get around the "ping" location technology built into the phone??
    Hope this makes sense....

ETA : And, if these Blackberries can do this, it almost makes LE's ability to use pings to find someone's location near impossible....you're darn right I hope LE has looked into the ability to do this...or they're SOL, so to speak !!!
    Last edited by MyTinkieGirl; 02-02-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tezi View Post

BBM- Label me cornfuzzled too but I say bring on a news conference, press release, reading of her diary, whatever..It keeps WSers busy and not gnawing on each other.
    Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy jewelry and lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion, Every Day Is Special.

In My Humble Opinion and I Reserve
    The Right To Change It As Often As Neccessary.

Quote Originally Posted by MyTinkieGirl View Post
    I'm NOT in any way questioning you...but this seems just sooo bizarre...is the website "legit" or like a hacker type of site showing people how to PURPOSELY get around the "ping" location technology built into the phone??
    Hope this makes sense....
    Just My Humble Opinion

The Ping thingy is on the phone itself... I don't think they made it so people could do something illegal, I think it is there to test your phone and update your roaming ability and update your phone to local towers.

The Website is Legit as far as I know, Many people use it it is so you can send text messages from your computer.
    “These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."

Highlighted by me~~~~

This is almost exactly what I was wondering about in one of my posts yesterday, although I had asked if this was possible to do from the internet.

This is very interesting information.
    "I've always found brilliance untempered by failure is purely arrogance, but brilliance that has overcome failure can be truly useful to your fellow man." ~~~Paul Zuckerman, Attorney at Law

All posts are my opinion only.

Gotta get some carp done, just want everyone to stay safe and warm today.
    Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy jewelry and lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion, Every Day Is Special.

In My Humble Opinion and I Reserve
    The Right To Change It As Often As Neccessary.

Just My Humble Opinion

The Ping thingy is on the phone itself... I don't think they made it so people could do something illegal, I think it is there to test your phone and update your roaming ability and update your phone to local towers.

The Website is Legit as far as I know, Many people use it it is so you can send text messages from your computer.
    I'm so in the dark about all these type of things...Blackberries, sim cards, etc...so please excuse my ignorance.

Although the "pings" I got under control from following the CA case....that girl was just one big "ping"...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cleo612 View Post
    Highlighted by me~~~~

This is almost exactly what I was wondering about in one of my posts yesterday, although I had asked if this was possible to do from the INTERNET.

This is very interesting information.
    I don't think Mods will let me post the Website here...

However it is by the same company that has Slydial, where you can leave a message in someone voice-mail without ringing their phone... and then you would not have to talk to them directly...

good morning all
    I just caught up from last night. I have read over and over again that some people can't understand why Billie didn't call the police, why she asked Clint.
    To be 'fair' to BD, this time line she gave us, doesn't have a lot of detail, so we really don't know the 'whole' conversation she had with CD, we are guessing. It's obviously a sore point and yes even a dig at CD that he didn't call.
    But I think we have to be fair here, BD WAS at work... CD was at HOME. Why couldn't he call? Why didn't he call? Why did she have to drive home from work and call her friends? Why did she have to go around to some of her friends places? Why didn't CD do this? he lived there too and he IS HD's father after all. By his own admission, he seen her every day, at this point it had been 48 hours since he had seen her too.
    BD's plan may have been to go straight to the the PD, but maybe when she got home she found out that CD didn't call them yet so decided to call and check at a few of her friends places before going there. Also, we know that BD has had experience dealing with her PD, maybe this is just the way it's done there. We've had many posters here that say they live in similiar towns where they need to call first to make sure someone will be there. I am not a huge BD fan at all, but I don't think CD should get a pass on this either.

Something else I have been thinking, I am a mom, I have 3 of my own children and 2 step-daughters, they range from 10-25. There have been many many many times over the years that I just 'knew' something wasn't right. Call it intuition, or whatever, but there are times that I just knew. Maybe that is how BD felt the moment she heard she didn't stay at MB's.

I don't think Mods will let me post the Website here...

However it is by the same company that has Slydial, where you can leave a message in someone voice-mail without ringing their phone... and then you would not have to talk to them directly...
    Well the good thing is, if he used any of these programs from his mothers computer, then LE will be able to tell b/c they have that computer in their possession. I am certain they are searching the history to find out what's been accessed from it.

Also, there has got to be a reason why all of sudden they (SA's family) wanted that computer back so quickly.

Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast