Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VA - Body of newborn Jordan Meadows found in Wythe Co. cave, Jan 2011

The Wythe Co. VA Sheriff's Office revealed new details about the baby found dead in a cave last week. Investigators got a tip about the newborn from social services and found the child dead inside a cave in the Grahams Forge Community. the baby was wrapped in a blanket. They are still trying to determine how long the baby had been alive and if the baby was dead when it was placed inside the cave. They don't believe the baby was alive for more than twelve days. Investigators say they suspect they know when the baby died.

The baby's mother and grandmother are each charged with concealing a body. Both have been questioned & investigators characterize them as "uncooperative". Both are currently in jail without bond. Several men have come forward wondering if they are the father of the child.
    http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj7-wyth...,7289158.story

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to noZme For This Useful Post:

Makes you wonder whether there are more corpses around.

Quote Originally Posted by Valleyboy View Post
    Makes you wonder whether there are more corpses around.
    There are most definitely a heck of a lot more around. Ever notice the vast majority that are "found" were just dumped in the woods, or on the beach, or left in a cave? Even bodies left about that casually may not be found for months, years, or ever.

I am quite sure there are quite a few perpetrators that aren't too lazy to pick up a shovel and those bodies will very likely never be discovered (unless they bury it in their yard or some other highly populated area).

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    There are most definitely a heck of a lot more around. Ever notice the vast majority that are "found" were just dumped in the woods, or on the beach, or left in a cave? Even bodies left about that casually may not be found for months, years, or ever.

I am quite sure there are quite a few perpetrators that aren't too lazy to pick up a shovel and those bodies will very likely never be discovered (unless they bury it in their yard or some other highly populated area).

I know there are lots of corpses around but what I was referring to
    was is there anymore with regards to this family.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Valleyboy For This Useful Post:

This is very sad. I just dont understand why someone one do this when there are so many more options.

I always suspect a level of mental impairment but I know that not to be true always.

I worked with a woman who has a very together (so it seemed) daughter who gave birth at home and the baby was either born dead or they couldnt tell. She put the baby in a suitcase and hide it in her apartment. Her mother found it and call the police.

You would never think this woman would have done anything like that.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:

If I am looking at the right girl's FB page, she is a very young, immature teen. Wow. So sad. Wondering why. Why not just have the baby publicly? Why not give it up for adoption? Why did this child end up in a cave?
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

OK, I am fairly certain on Myspace I've found her (she mentions some things that I think add up to this situation in her status) and the father as well......

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Anas Nin
    Bummer - Myspace page taken down and there's no cached version of it!!! =P I wanted to read.
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

Quote Originally Posted by Valleyboy View Post
    I know there are lots of corpses around but what I was referring to was is there anymore with regards to this family.
    Sorry I misunderstood.

Since social services was involved that means the government was already aware of the babies presence, it was not a hidden home birth. Then they leave it in a cave where it is sure to be discovered quickly? These people seem too stupid to have pulled this off several times before.

Facebook might be gone but her Myspace is: http://www.myspace.com/534827582
    As she is not a minor and has been charged, this should be okay to post here.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hellinor For This Useful Post:

Also being discussed on Topix: http://www.topix.com/forum/city/wyth...H6688FJJFHDLE3
    Some rumours there....

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hellinor For This Useful Post:

RIP Jordan.

th FB AM I was viewing was not her, so I am glad I did not link it. I have seen both A's and MS (baby's father) MS pages now, ty for the link.

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Based on daddy's page, he was aware, everyone knew she was expecting, they seemed excited to be parents soon. Daddy posts an RIP, mommy posts RIPs, my question is, where did the daddy think the baby went? What was he told about this situation?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    The first R.I.P. post on the mother's page was Jan. 16th.
    Gosh, who hides a baby in a cave and posts about the baby's death on MS?
    That is so weird IMO.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast