http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/512umfl.html
NamUs UP Case 1281 https://identifyus.org/cases/1281

512UMFL.jpg
512UMFL2.jpg
512UMFL4.jpg
512UMFL1.jpg

Left: Reconstruction of Victim; Right: Reconstruction by Wesley Neville

Unidentified White Male

* The victim was discovered on February 13, 1982 in Pembroke Pines, Broward County, Florida.
* Estimated Date of Death: 6-8 weeks prior to discovery
* No evidence of trauma was found on the skeletal remains.

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 21-35 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'10-6'0"; 150-170 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Medium brown, medium fine, a little wavy, shoulder length hair.
* Medical: Healed rib fractures, a spine curved from scoliosis, and a hip defect that may have caused him to walk with a limp.
* Dentals: Available. Two teeth missing from the lower jaw, one on each side. A marked overbite.
* Clothing: Blue Calvin Klein jeans, white T- shirt with orange and red horizontal stripes with black borders along stripes. Western style brown belt. One dark colored loafer style shoe with a silver buckle bearing the letter ''P'' in the center, tan socks.
* Fingerprints: One print available

Case History
The victim was located on February 13, 1982 at S.W. 172 Avenue, approximately 6/10 mile south of Hollywood Boulevard in the city of Pembroke Pines, Florida. Found under a pile of brush and weeds near the Hollywood Sportatorium.
None of the clothing carried identification marks; there was no wallet.

This one looks pretty close IMO.
Gerald Douglas Oxby
http://www.nampn.org/cases/oxby_gerald.html
2453396520045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
2404115050045078242S200x200Q851.jpg
__
512UMFL2.jpg
512UMFL1.jpg

At first glance, it appears that he was lost at sea. But it doesn't actually say that. It only says that both he and his boat were missing. This wording leaves open the possibility that he was murdered on land, and his boat stolen afterward. The LKA is listed as Key West. But did anyone actually see him board his boat and depart?

Aside from the no-mention of any scoliosis, limp, or hip defects, the other details match fairly closely: There is no info on height/weight, but his age (35) is at the upper end of the range, and the timeframe is pretty close.

Also, the resemblance to the recons is pretty good.

Carl,
Did you submit this as a possible match?
I had forgotten that I had even seen this.
I just showed somebody else this very same possible match a few days ago.
Thanks for posting it Carl.
Maybe this is where I first saw this possibility?
If you did submit this back in early 2011 they have had plenty of time to rule it out.
I wonder if it is a rule out and neither of the pages show it as such?

Carl,
Did you submit this as a possible match?
I had forgotten that I had even seen this.
I just showed somebody else this very same possible match a few days ago.
Thanks for posting it Carl.
Maybe this is where I first saw this possibility?
If you did submit this back in early 2011 they have had plenty of time to rule it out.
I wonder if it is a rule out and neither of the pages show it as such?

No, I didn't submit this one.

I've actually read into this particular case awhile back, because the LE there posted it on their own website. I looked into this one and I deduced that there is an Indian Reservation not too far north of where the UID was found. A lot of reservations keep to themselves and I also believe that the one I was thinking of has their own Law Enforcement. The reservation really doesn't keep their men from taking off and establishing their own way in life so it's very possible that his relatives don't know hes dead and never reported him missing.

Miccosukee Indian Tribe< That's the one.. (edited)

I've actually read into this particular case awhile back, because the LE there posted it on their own website. I looked into this one and I deduced that there is an Indian Reservation not too far north of where the UID was found. A lot of reservations keep to themselves and I also believe that the one I was thinking of has their own Law Enforcement. The reservation really doesn't keep their men from taking off and establishing their own way in life so it's very possible that his relatives don't know hes dead and never reported him missing.

The Seminole Reservation: http://www.semtribe.com/History/ ... or this one? http://www.miccosukee.com/indian_village

I missed the connection, could you please explain?

Oxby is not native American, definitely not Seminole or Miccosukee.

I know that the Seminole Reservation on Sterling Rd has their own LE because I was friends with one of the former Educational Directors. I am not sure about the Miccosukee Reservation having their own LE but I would imagine that they do because they have the gaming etc there now. A lot of what is there now was not there when this UID was found or when Oxby went missing. I am trying to discern what you mean by your post so maybe it is best if I simply as for clarification, please?

Or, are you suggesting the victim is Native American and nobody missed him? What I personally know of the native Americans here in S FL. is that they are a very tight knit group, possibly even more so back then than they are today due to the success of the business enterprises they have accumulated now. I know a lot of them travel to Oklahoma each year to maintain ties with family there.

As to your statement "doesn't really keep their men from taking off" - Are they supposed to keep them relegated to the Res (rhetorical, never mind)? I 'get' what you mean though, I think. They are entitled to go find work and live elsewhere, rather than being relegated to the Res. The thing is...they don't get their stipend checks if they don't live on the Res, at least that is how I understood it to be years ago, it may well have changed since then.

As a tidbit of info, and totally off topic, I do know that back in the 80's they did not "own" their own individual property on the Reservation. If a family of five with three children lived in a 3 bedroom home, each time a child moved away or went to College, the family would be moved to another smaller house. Lot's of moving around as children grew up and left home. Just insight as to why they drive nice vehicles and don't put much effort into the homes, some of them.

ETA: I see now, your edit to add that it was the Miccosukee tribe you reference. TY

The possible match referenced above was submitted earlier this year.

Two rule-outs per NamUs: Ivan Gutierrez and David Thomson.

I do not understand the context of your post, as well. I have been to many
3 day wakes with drum ceremonies and the entire community comes out to honor the deceased at time of burial and a year later at a giveaway. It does not matter if it is an Indian missing or non-Indian. Loss is loss and grief is universal.

NamUs UP Case 1281

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1281

Unidentified White male
* Found Febrary 13, 1982 in Broward County
, FL
* Estimated Year of Death: 0 to 1982

Vital Statistics
* Estimated age: 21-45 years old
* Approximate Height: 68' estimated
* Distinguishing Characteristics:
Reddish curly; Decedent had a right hip abnormality and may have walked with a limp; Healed rib fractures, right hip abnormality, Slight scoliosis noted.
* Dentals:
Dental information / charting is available and entered

* Clothing/Jewelry: Blue Calvin Klein jeans, a pullover with brand "Wonker's" Made in Italy, horizontal orange and red stripes with a collar, and one black loafer with a silver buckle bearing the letter "P" in the center. Yellow Underwear, "JIM" brand, made in Spain.

* DNA:
Sample submitted - Tests complete

Case History:
.Decomposed body found, of unknown white male, discovered in unpopulated area of Pembroke Pines, Florida. No evidence of trauma to indicate cause of death was noted. Time of death is estimated to be 3 weeks prior, or longer. Right hip abnormality, and two prior rib fractures noted. Decedent also likely had an "underbite".

Damn! I missed that post. I was hoping to bring closure to his family. :tears: Thanks for pointing it out tho.

I'm wondering if Kenneth Donald Brodacki should be considered.

Hair color matches. Kenneth was a pilot making me think he likely traveled internationally where he may have picked up the italian shirt. In one of Kenneth's missing photos he's wearing a western hat--UID had a western belt. Okeechobee and Pembroke pines are less than 2hrs apart. Kenneth was in an accident--perhaps he broke ribs? From Kenneth's photos, it appears he may have had an underbite.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1960dmfl.html

* Dentals: Available. Two teeth missing from the lower jaw, one on each side. A marked overbite.

Hi Carl

I assume the Doe details are correct, whereas the header for this thread mentions an underbite.

Could you clarify this and amend if necessary?

ETA that the profile images on DN suggest that underbite is correct - his chin does seem to thrust forward so the error may be in their description.

Thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back