NY NY - Manhattan, 360 Central Park W, WhtMale 35-45, UP7501, poss burglar, fell from 8th floor, Sep'91

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
NamUs UP # 7501
Warning - Postmortem Photo at Link https://identifyus.org/cases/7501

Unidentified White Male
* The victim was discovered on September 13, 1991 at 360 Central Park West, NYC.

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 35 to 45 years old
* Approximate Height unknown.
* Approximate Weight: 175 lbs
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Black Hair, Brown Eyes

Case History

Unknown white male was found unresponsive on the ground in a rear courtyard of 360 Central Park West. Transported to St Luke's Hospital, where he was pronounced. It is believed that he was a burglar, and lost his footing, falling approximately 8 stories.

This guy looks spot-on like Bijan Razzaghy
razzaghy_bijan.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/razzaghy_bijan.html

Bijan is a little young (28) compared to the UID's estimate (35-45).

He is from Long Island NY (about 35 miles from Central Park West)

There is a 50 day difference between his DLC and the UID's date of death.

The UID's height is not indicated, but his weight is right.

nice find Carl. if it is a match it went on this long because the ME listed the deceased as white and Doe has him as Asian which would thwart any search engine results.

He is certainly Middle Eastern looking, possibly Persian (Iranian).

ETA I think I got that reversed. Doe had him as white and Namus as Asian.

Excellent find Carl. I'd definately submit.

Yes, definitely submit this. The age of the UID seems a little high, but even if it didn't, this is too close for someone not to look into.

Fingers crossed...

nice find Carl. if it is a match it went on this long because the ME listed the deceased as white and Doe has him as Asian which would thwart any search engine results.

He is certainly Middle Eastern looking, possibly Persian (Iranian).

ETA I think I got that reversed. Doe had him as white and Namus as Asian.

I have Bijan listed on my spreadsheet as "Asian/Middle Eastern", and fortunately, I started my search by specifying males (Caucasian, Middle Eastern, or Hispanic) missing from New York between 13-Sep-90 and 13-Sep-91, and didn't set an age restriction. He came up first on the list.

I just sent an e-mail to Jennifer Godbold of the NYC MedEx office, asking her to check this out.

Carl where there any other photos of the UID available. That attached earlobe on the MP really stands out but I could not see it clear enough on the UID. I wish we had a better pic of the UID's ear.....

Carl where there any other photos of the UID available. That attached earlobe on the MP really stands out but I could not see it clear enough on the UID. I wish we had a better pic of the UID's ear.....

No, that's the only one available. I did notice that - that the UID's earlobe might be a little drooped while Bijan's is attached, but you can't see enough of the UID's ear to be sure.

No. I'll re-send my e-mail, but unfortunately, this is NYC. If they don't want to check into it, there's nothing that I can do about it.

I'm just checking on all the NYC cases on here. I have a reporter who will do a story. I just wanted to make sure of the facts before I include this person in the list of ones they would rather forget about. Any help/input you can provide for the reporter would be great.

No. I'll re-send my e-mail, but unfortunately, this is NYC. If they don't want to check into it, there's nothing that I can do about it.

I'm new to this, so forgive me if it's against protocol, but can you submit the possible match to Glen Cove, the agency investigating Bijan's disappearance?

I'm new to this, so forgive me if it's against protocol, but can you submit the possible match to Glen Cove, the agency investigating Bijan's disappearance?

No, it's not against protocol. And perhaps I should try that tack if I don't hear from the e-mail that I resent yesterday.

For the record though, I doubt that this is a match despite the very strong resemblance. From what little you can see of his ears, the UID has drooped earlobes, and Bijan's are attached.

I did receive a reply from Jennifer Godbold:

Good afternoon Carl,

We will take a look at this case. Unfortunately, there is not much information on these old cases, and while the photos do look similar, we can’t make an ID based solely photo comparison. Do you know if there is any family for Bijan? If we had dental records or DNA, we could go further.

Looks like Bijan is still missing and John Doe is still nameless. :(
His NAMUS https://identifyus.org/cases/7501 was updated in May 2013 but not Rule outs listed.

Carl, do you know if your contact was able to find any of Bijan's relatives for DNA? Maybe the Glen Cove PD has the name of whomever reported Bijan missing?

Looks like Bijan is still missing and John Doe is still nameless. :(
His NAMUS https://identifyus.org/cases/7501 was updated in May 2013 but not Rule outs listed.

Carl, do you know if your contact was able to find any of Bijan's relatives for DNA? Maybe the Glen Cove PD has the name of whomever reported Bijan missing?

I've heard nothing on this one. There are a few NYC UID's that should have been resolved a long time ago, but we've heard nothing. Nate the Great (Nathan Hines), and the guy in the Hudson River the day after 9-11 (Ernest Lyons) are two that come to mind.

I've heard nothing on this one. There are a few NYC UID's that should have been resolved a long time ago, but we've heard nothing. Nate the Great (Nathan Hines), and the guy in the Hudson River the day after 9-11 (Ernest Lyons) are two that come to mind.
Omg yes Carl I agree.. oh the Nathan Hines Nate the Great has always bothered me because I know that is a match just like Bijan!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back