TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #57

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Hailey20Dunn-120lr.gif

Hailey is 13 years old. She was heading to stay with a friend on Monday Dec. 27th but never made it. She is 5'1" with hazel eyes and brown hair. She also has pierced ears. She was last seen at 1804 Chestnut, wearing navy blue sweat pants, a light colored T-shirt and pink and white shoes.
Anyone who has seen Hailey contact the Colorado City Police Dept. at 325-728-5294

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4
Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8
Thread #9 Thread #10
Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14
Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18
Thread #19 Thread #20
Thread #21 Thread #22
Thread #23 Thread #24
Thread #25 Thread #26
Thread #27 Thread #28
Thread #29 Thread #30
Thread #31 Thread #32
Thread #33 Thread #34
Thread #35 Thread #36
Thread #37 Thread #38
Thread #39 Thread #40
Thread #41 Thread #42
Thread #43 Thread #44
Thread #45 Thread #46
Thread #47 Thread #48
Thread #49 Thread #50
Thread #51 Thread #52
Thread #53 Thread #54
Thread #55 Thread #56

Media Links
Sar information for Hailey Dunn
Hailey Dunn Facebook/You Tube/MM site

You must read this post and hit the 'thanks' button before you post in this thread.

We do not allow rumors to be posted or perpetuated at WS.
Do not post a rumor or respond to a rumor.

No bashing Law Enforcement.

Direct quotes and screenshots from social networking sites are not allowed at WS.
You may discuss what is on a social networking site but must include the link. However, do not discuss or link to sites that are private.
Please do not post about other posters. That is a TOS violation because it is rude. It’s like talking behind someone’s back.
The only appropriate way to respond to problematic posts is to hit the alert button. We will then look at the post and handle it asap. Do not respond to a problematic post. That compounds the problem and delays the solution.
We do not allow the posting of personal information about people who have not been named as a POI or suspect by LE or MSM.
You must include a link to where you found the information in your post.
Just because a person is connected to a case doesn't mean we can immediately start using his/her name, even if it is an adult. There is no need to drag innocent people through the mud.
If people start talking to the media about the case then yes, they have decided they want their identity known. Then you can use their names in posts here at WS.
If suspects and family members are talked about in the major media outlets, you can use their names in posts here at WS.

We don't allow name posting of minors’ names, except for Hailey's, of course.

The full WS TOS and "rules" can be found here: The Rules

'Insiders' or "Locals"
Before you post ANY inside information that could help this case PLEASE report it to the police first. Here at Websleuths, we don't care about having "scoops" or "bombshells." We care about the cases, the people involved, and making sure Websleuths is not hindering the investigation by allowing people to post inside information that the police do not have yet.
If you know Hailey or her family and want to post about her, then WS admin needs to talk to you. Please email wsverify@xmission.com
Include:
The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.
In the subject line please put which case you are asking to be verified on.
It will all be kept strictly confidential.
Unless what you are saying can be verified by law enforcement and/or the media, it is not considered a "fact" here. You may personally know for 100% certainty that it is true, but unless you are verified and/or can back it up with a link, we do have to consider it to be a rumor. This is not to single anyone out or to ignore information, but to maintain the integrity of a case and keep the best interests of the victims at the forefront.
Please do what is right by the case first before you post anything on Websleuths.
Do not post about private conversations with case players unless the case player is aware that the conversation is going public.
If you are a local or insider and your posts do not include any "inside" information, you do not need to be verified. Please remember, however, that information as simple as what Mom does for a living or where BF works are considered inside information.

Check for professional and locals here...
Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Please Continue here...

No more Topix to be linked or discussed on the Hailey Dunn Threads.

There are too many rumors there that are not allowed here.

Thank this post so we know you've read it.

Originally Posted by grandmaj
I'm seeing questions about sleuthing. Let me try to explain.

Persons named as a POI or Suspect are fully sleuthable.
Minors are never sleuthable. When copying a quote from MSM we even change minor's names to initials only.
Everyone else. You can discuss what they have said in media appearances, what the news has quoted them as saying, and their actions as reported in the news. We don't get into their personal lives, accuse them, discuss their background unless it is in MSM. Only discuss them so far as what MSM is reporting.

I hope this helps simplify sleuthing. I don't know too many people who don't have a skeleton or two in their closet. Just because they are related to, or somehow associated to a case like this, we can't destroy their reputation. Sometimes these associates or relatives move from this category to POI. Then the rules of sleuthing change.
If you have questions drop a Moderator a PM and then you will know you are on safe ground before posting.
Carry ON. Hailey.

Originally posted by grandmaj:
The moderators have talked this over. There were several of us on listening to the Radio Show with Clint D. tonight.
We may live to regret this but, we have decided to allow this interview with a link to be discussed in the Hailey Dunn Thread upstairs.

There are rules however.
At no time are you to discuss those in chat on that Radio Show, identify them other than by *caller* and at no time may you sleuth the callers on that radio show even so much as saying you think it was a WS Member.

There will be no warnings. If you chose to violate the rule above you will be on a long TO. I am closing this thread and the one upstairs. We expect everyone to Thank not only this post but the one in the Hailey thread. The threads will be closed for about five minutes for everyone to read this post.
Use the link to the show when referring to anything on the show.

A transcript will be great in case this show is removed in the future. The moderators would like to see any transcripts before you use them in the forum. Once we agree that they appear to be a good representation of the show we will approve them for use on the forum.

We have all placed our trust in you to follow the rules. Please don't disappoint us.
Thanks.......
Mods and Admin Team.
Please thank this post that you understand the rules.

From the last thread

Today, 02:54 AM
Just Us
Registered User Join Date: Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrell skye
IMO, BD's reaction on the NG Show seemed to imply (to me) that BD was blowing off what she was hearing (i.e. what I mean to say is that, IMO, BD's response seemed to imply that BD felt that her MIL's claims about SA lurking outside HD's bedroom door was *pulled out of her hat*, so to speak). MOO & double MOO.

Question: If a mother & daughter share a close relationship, and if a daughter feels she can come to her mother with her concerns, fears, feelings, etc., then WHY would a mother claim to be so in the dark about something as important as how her daughter feels about her live-in BF (especially since it now appears that several others were also made aware of these fears & feelings)?

Answer: Either HD DID come to her mother with her concerns, fears, feelings, etc., and was blown off, which then would have compelled HD to turn to other trusted family members or friends; OR perhaps HD & BD do not share a close relationship (for whatever reason) which then would STILL have compelled HD to turn to others who she trusts with her concerns, fears, feelings, etc.

Bottom line: Apparently, HD HAS talked to others about her fears & feelings regarding SA.

Even if it's true that HD never approached her own mother with these serious concerns - BD needs to ask herself "Why?", although this may be an extremely uncomfortable question for BD to ask herself.

A mother is the FIRST person a daughter turns to for help & protection.

If that doesn't occur - well, IMO, that's the biggest red flag of all.

And such a shame, also, that HD either didn't feel close enough to tell her father or NS. Or, if she did, that child protection services weren't called"

Thing is if she had told her mum what was happening and her mum didnt do anything about it..maybe she simply thought it was no use telling her father about it :(

[video=youtube;oslbUdJKRY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oslbUdJKRY0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oslbUdJKRY0[/video]

Searching for Hailey

We are talking about a man many of us suspect raped and killed this child.
She was terrified of him. There are a 1000 reasons she didn't tell her father or someone who could intervene.

Maybe she thought he would kill BD.
He had threatened to in the past.

CD says she worships the ground DD walks on, maybe she was scared for him, or afraid to be separated from him.

Mom is obsessed with her (snip) boyfriend.
Dad is a loving father but overwhelmed with life, new babies, new "spouse", financial burdens, literally not enough room to take her.

DD may have been a huge anchor in HDs life.

I am not surprised she didn't tell CD.
I am surprised she told as many people what she did muster the courage to tell.

From the last thread

snip...
Bottom line: Apparently, HD HAS talked to others about her fears & feelings regarding SA.

And such a shame, also, that HD either didn't feel close enough to tell her father or NS. Or, if she did, that child protection services weren't called"

Thing is if she had told her mum what was happening and her mum didnt do anything about it..maybe she simply thought it was no use telling her father about it :(

I never told my father about the sexual abuse from my uncle. Many young girls don't tell their fathers for a few major reasons.
SHAME is one main reason. The abusers make you feel ashamed and many even tell you that your father will think you are dirty and worthless.
Also, I was afraid that my father would kill mu uncle and no longer be around for me. I barely got to see my Dad enough after the divorce, and I worried that if he hurt my uncle, I would never see him again.

According to CD, as well as the statements of others who have given statements to the media that have been discussed in these many threads, prior to her disappearance, HD had expressed an ongoing desire to live with her Daddy.

That says a lot to me.

Originally Posted by lillys
:floorlaugh: It's sad and funny at the same time.
I'm looking more forward to this interview than the Super Bowl. :crazy:

And I'll betcha one of these will involve a BIG Hail Mary pass. :D

More than four people have gone on the record to state that HD didn't like SA and wasn't comfortable around him. Hailey didn't seem at all comfortable staying "home" and spent much of last year roaming from home to home. Her mother says nothing about this. For some reason, the media doesn't even question her. Hmmm... As many do, I am still holding out hope that she ran away and is in hiding but after so much time, I'm afraid for the worse.

MOO

respectfully sbm

I'm not surprised.

I'm not surprised by any of the sad & tragic details that have come out in these past weeks.

This is a child who has been begging for help - for a safe haven. For someone to listen & take action on her behalf.

If Hailey is alive, I pray she has found a safe haven.

If, tragically, Hailey is not alive, she has still found a safe haven, where she can never be harmed again.

I never told my father about the sexual abuse from my uncle. Many young girls don't tell their fathers for a few major reasons.
SHAME is one main reason. The abusers make you feel ashamed and many even tell you that your father will think you are dirty and worthless.
Also, I was afraid that my father would kill mu uncle and no longer be around for me. I barely got to see my Dad enough after the divorce, and I worried that if he hurt my uncle, I would never see him again.

Thats another thing actually...apparently Shawn threatened to kill Clint before..maybe Shawn told her that if she told her dad he would hurt him?

Also Im sorry about what happened to you :(

We are talking about a man many of us suspect raped and killed this child.
She was terrified of him. There are a 1000 reasons she didn't tell her father or someone who could intervene.

Maybe she thought he would kill BD.
He had threatened to in the past.

CD says she worships the ground DD walks on, maybe she was scared for him, or afraid to be separated from him.

Mom is obsessed with her boyfriend.
Dad is a loving father but overwhelmed with life, new babies, new "spouse", financial burdens, literally not enough room to take her.

DD may have been a huge anchor in HDs life.

I am not surprised she didn't tell CD.

Excellent Post!..and sadly, my guess is you are right on the money... that's what I meant when I said I didn't believe this case is as complicated as some (and I'm not talking about posters) are trying to make it seem..

Tragically ..what you described (with individual variations of course) is so much more typical than many could ever imagine...

Thats another thing actually...apparently Shawn threatened to kill Clint before..maybe Shawn told her that if she told her dad he would hurt him?

Also Im sorry about what happened to you :(

OMG..you are right!!!..and very possibly why Shawn was at the top of his list from the get-go...Why else would Shawn threaten Clint..Whether CD knew anything about that or not, idk..but whatever the reason was, it almost assuredly had to have something to do with Hailey or DD one...moo..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk