1277 users online (266 members and 1011 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

College student puts fake tickets on cars, collects fines

UW-Madison student Anthony Gallagher was charged in Dane County Circuit Court Monday with obstructing an officer following a police investigation since April 2003. Police found he and an individual identified as Nate Grede had been placing fake parking tickets on windshields and collecting payments for approximately six weeks.

The tickets were titled "Capitol and Isthmus District Parking Enforcement, Notice of Parking Violation" and were spreadsheet-generated, according to the criminal complaint.

Police first became aware of the fake tickets when Timothy Johnson telephoned police in April 2003, questioning a ticket he received at 222 Langdon St. for parking on private property. According to the complaint, Johnson tried to pay the citation by mail, but his check was returned as non-deliverable.

Madison Police Sgt. Mark Brown noted in the criminal complaint that when Johnson showed him the ticket, he realized the wording on top of the citation should have read "University of Wisconsin Madison Notice of Parking Violation."

After further investigation, Brown reported the number on Johnson's citation was actually a citation number issued to Gallagher by University of Wisconsin Police Department Parking Enforcement. Gallagher was cited Feb. 17, 2003 for No Permit.

Full Story

I know I shouldn't laugh, but this IS funny! It naughty and stealing is wrong, but its ingenious, you have to admit that!!...............

That's what I was thinking!! These idiots will probably end up millionaires in a few years for some stupid invention and we'll still be slaving away!!!!

I'm curious to know how much they have made off the fake tickets.

I'll bet you are! LOL

I wish I would have thought of this when I was in college! I would have done it in a heartbeat! I paid SOOOOO much in parking tickets back then, I think they owed me a little 'refund'! lol - Ingenious!
    And thats all I have to say about that!

enterprising little booger. i'm going to change my ticket books to read :mail money orders to this address___________ hahahahaha

Once this guy got arrested in the town where I lived for putting up a little portable "Booth" at the front of a regular parking lot and charging everyone to park. I wonder if it was the same guy.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for pretending to be someone I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by emma l
    I'll bet you are! LOL

You saw right through me!!

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    HAHAHA, our next Bill Gates, Donald Trump, or....

I'd tell you guys what I use to do, but there is a cop on this forum and I don't want to get busted!!!!

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Quote Originally Posted by poco
    I'd tell you guys what I use to do, but there is a cop on this forum and I don't want to get busted!!!!

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    lice?

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

lice?
    Now Poco, was that nice?

HAHAHA, our next Bill Gates, Donald Trump, or....
    I thought of William Abignal (sp?) when I first read this.

well college is expensive

not to mention the booze and parties and pizza ya need! gotta pay for it some way!
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast