College student puts fake tickets on cars, collects fines

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
UW-Madison student Anthony Gallagher was charged in Dane County Circuit Court Monday with obstructing an officer following a police investigation since April 2003. Police found he and an individual identified as Nate Grede had been placing fake parking tickets on windshields and collecting payments for approximately six weeks.

The tickets were titled "Capitol and Isthmus District Parking Enforcement, Notice of Parking Violation" and were spreadsheet-generated, according to the criminal complaint.

Police first became aware of the fake tickets when Timothy Johnson telephoned police in April 2003, questioning a ticket he received at 222 Langdon St. for parking on private property. According to the complaint, Johnson tried to pay the citation by mail, but his check was returned as non-deliverable.

Madison Police Sgt. Mark Brown noted in the criminal complaint that when Johnson showed him the ticket, he realized the wording on top of the citation should have read "University of Wisconsin Madison Notice of Parking Violation."

After further investigation, Brown reported the number on Johnson's citation was actually a citation number issued to Gallagher by University of Wisconsin Police Department Parking Enforcement. Gallagher was cited Feb. 17, 2003 for No Permit.

Full Story

I know I shouldn't laugh, but this IS funny! It naughty and stealing is wrong, but its ingenious, you have to admit that!!............... :laugh: :(

That's what I was thinking!! These idiots will probably end up millionaires in a few years for some stupid invention and we'll still be slaving away!!!! :(

I'm curious to know how much they have made off the fake tickets.

I wish I would have thought of this when I was in college! I would have done it in a heartbeat! I paid SOOOOO much in parking tickets back then, I think they owed me a little 'refund'! lol - Ingenious!

enterprising little booger. i'm going to change my ticket books to read :mail money orders to this address___________ hahahahaha

Once this guy got arrested in the town where I lived for putting up a little portable "Booth" at the front of a regular parking lot and charging everyone to park. I wonder if it was the same guy.

HAHAHA, our next Bill Gates, Donald Trump, or....

I'd tell you guys what I use to do, but there is a cop on this forum and I don't want to get busted!!!!

poco said:
I'd tell you guys what I use to do, but there is a cop on this forum and I don't want to get busted!!!!
:waitasec:

poco said:

I thought of William Abignal (sp?) when I first read this.

not to mention the booze and parties and pizza ya need! gotta pay for it some way!

poco said:

I want to know Poco! the statute of limitations has run out !! tell on yourself!! :woohoo:

A few years back there was a kid at University of Maryland who had a very successful fake ID business. This young man was so enterprising he was going to franchise his business! The police broke it up shortly thereafter. Either he wanted too much $ for the franchise and someone blew the whistle or another student sung like a canary when they got busted with their fake ID.

I can just hear his parents, "Get off your butt and get a job. Learn some skills!" :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INSYSIV
Back