641 users online (75 members and 566 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Any idea what case this is

Quote Originally Posted by imamaze View Post
    Have a question about a case or loved one you have missing? Leave your questions here!

About 5 years ago we watched a tv special regarding a female who went missing then was found dead.

Her co classmate who worked in a hairsalon was tried as they had evidence of blood drops in his unit. I recall him being let go though at trial as defense argued police corruption etc mainly

I cant find the case now and dont recall the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetoot View Post
    About 5 years ago we watched a tv special regarding a female who went missing then was found dead.

Her co classmate who worked in a hairsalon was tried as they had evidence of blood drops in his unit. I recall him being let go though at trial as defense argued police corruption etc mainly

I cant find the case now and dont recall the name.
    I remember that one! They were students at a cosmetology school. It was a Dateline or something. I wish I could remember the name.
    "He who does not prevent a crime when he can, encourages it.
    ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

My confession... I

Last night I was watching a true crime documentary and I went to sleep during it. I dont' know what channel it was on, but it was after midnight. i'm hoping someone will recognize the scant details I remember and can tell me what the case was.

Here's what I remember...

1. There were three women sharing an apartment or house. Two of the roommates had bedrooms upstairs, one downstairs. The downstairs roommate was the only one to survive.
    2. She heard someone come in at night. She assumed it was the boyfriend of one of the other roommates. He was over the night before and had loud sex.
    3. Something caused the survivor to go upstairs and when she did she found her roommates severely stabbed. One of them was still alive at that point.
    4. She called 911. She went back downstairs and was headed back up when the killer bolted down the stairs.
    5. She went outside and called 911 from her car.

I think it took place in Michigan and I think it was the Deadly Women episode, but I was really tired and I could be remembering things from other shows that were on later.

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys

Greetings from South Africa.

I would like to know if anyone has used Geographic Information Systems (ie ArcGIS) as an aid in sleuthing?

I don't know if this the right place so sorry mods. I just posted my first post here. I've been lurking for a while. This forum is a beautiful thing, and I'm hoping to learn a lot and maybe add some too. This place is great. Glad to be here.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

Hello joined this site it looks to be fantastic! I am very new to this and yet have a very important task to do - my future depends on this! If I find some information I will hopefully be offered a full time job researching for a book! anyway I am researching missing people that have gone missing suddenly with no clues. Possibly found with strange markings, or several miles from where they went missing. Maybe in a area with reported UFO sightings or Bigfoot or other worldly activity....that we can link paranormal theory to. But the locations are difficult. Norway. and The Solomon Islands. If anyone can help me do some super sleuthing I would be most grateful!! Thankyou.

Hi, I am new here, just joined today. However, I have been researching extensively since 1994, the death of Kurt Cobain, lead singer of Nirvana. He supposedly committed suicide but there is so much evidence ignored by the Seattle PD, to prove they never investigated it properly, which points to murder. (cobain case.com)
    I tried a quick search, but found absolutely nothing on here about Kurt Cobain. Can anyone help me out here, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Hello, I am new to this website and would like to know how to get started.

hello !
    I have an assumption on robberies. Criminals rob Jewelry shop and steal a lot of Jewelry which is made of metal stuff.
    Under different circumstances, police can use super scanner metal detector to find where criminals are.
    maybe my thought is too unreasonable.
    Thanks.

How do I start a new thread in Crimes in the News?

Hello! Iím sure this question has been asked before, but I need help understanding abbreviations yaíll use. I thought I had found a thread one time that explained what these 2+ letter abbreviations meant, but I now canít find it. Help! Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome, NightOwlDetective!!

Here's a link to Websleuths Lingo.

Hello,

I'm wondering what the process is when a UID on Namus has DNA available but states it's not yet available. The profile was created back in 2016, the doe was found the day they died in 1992 and there is no info available on her, no reconstruction but DNA sample is available but not yet submitted. What can I do to see about getting the DNA submitted?

Also, how do you go about contacting someone to inquire about morgue photos, CT scans or other relevant reports. I'd really like to have someone do a reconstruction and it would seem there should be records available to work with.

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Hey - question for any fellow Brits.

I've got a question about access to UK court records. Is there any way to access court records online? From Crown courts and Magistrate's courts?

Similar to this: https://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/pub...aselookup.aspx

For the Supreme Court of Arizona. I can't seem to find a UK equivalent... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Where is the best place to post about a very, very old cold case I am interested in researching that happened in my family tree in 1911? I would like to reach out to WS members who have more experience in finding information through old police records. This woman was murdered, and possibly raped, and left in the trash in an alley when she was 19.

I'm thinking the jury room might be the best place to put a thread like this, but would appreciate input from a mod or more experienced WS members on thread placement.

@SillyBilly?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast