1140 users online (212 members and 928 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thanks.

Thanks, Ima. I'll just keep searching on how to research. LOL

Hi John Prewett,

Here is the thread we have on the case in the Crimes in the News forum, but still nothing since last November.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...Ngaruri+Kenney

Ima

Welcome!!!

Odd request--I want to find an inmate. Or former inmate.

I'm researching some cases involving a guy who went to prison for murder in the early 1980's. He confessed to a few and was suspected of more, but was only charged with one. It seems he would have been eligible for parole a few years ago... I can't find him in the DOC website for the state in question, nor can I find him in the Social Security Death Index. Is there a way to find out when he was released, and if he was required to stay in state?

I've got some sketchy details and links, but I didn't know whether it was appropriate to post them as I'm new here. If he has been released, I guess the powers that be have determined that he's paid his debt and I don't want to harass anybody. However, he confessed to killing three people and raping another, and there's speculation about other cases, and I'd... well, I'd just kinda like to know what happened to him if that's something I'm entitled to know.

Thoughts?

What was the name of the case where a neighbor or a family friend stabbed (I believe that was the method of killing) to death a little girl because she called him stupid? I am pretty sure it took place in the Summer in Virginia in the 1980s, maybe?

sadie77,
    I am hoping some of our other sleuthers will be able to answer your questions. My only suggestion would be to check with the prison he was in? Maybe contact law enforcement and ask them where to start looking into it?

Sorry I don't have a concrete answer for you.

Welcome to Websleuths!

Ima

eileenhawkeye,

Hopefully others will read this question you have. I am not familiar with it. Crimes in the News may be a good place to start looking though. Do you know if it went to trial?

Ima

Quote Originally Posted by sadie77 View Post
    I'm researching some cases involving a guy who went to prison for murder in the early 1980's. He confessed to a few and was suspected of more, but was only charged with one. It seems he would have been eligible for parole a few years ago... I can't find him in the DOC website for the state in question, nor can I find him in the Social Security Death Index. Is there a way to find out when he was released, and if he was required to stay in state?

I've got some sketchy details and links, but I didn't know whether it was appropriate to post them as I'm new here. If he has been released, I guess the powers that be have determined that he's paid his debt and I don't want to harass anybody. However, he confessed to killing three people and raping another, and there's speculation about other cases, and I'd... well, I'd just kinda like to know what happened to him if that's something I'm entitled to know.

Thoughts?
    sadie77, welcome!

If he was convicted and sentenced, do you know to which prison he served time in? The parole board/officer would have the info you are looking for. If he was paroled however- you may have a hard time finding him, unless he was convicted as an RSO in certain states.

Hope this helps.

Our local sherriff here in Orange,Ca, was sentenced to 66 month in prison for corruption. IMHO, He did so much good, Did he deserve what he got? I want your opinion here. I just read that a three times sex offender, that was involved in a murder coverup, was up for release after two years, and I want to make some sense of this system. The Feds were involved with Corona, and I think I am suspicious that politics were involved. We are one of the only Republican districts in CA, and Corona was a rising star. If he deserved what was coming to him, I can accept it, if the majority here think it was fair. I need some help in understanding the charges.
    I know at WB we help the murdered, missing, grieving, but I want some help on this man in LE, that was instrumental in helping victims if he is deserving. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by racingponies View Post
    Hi. I'm hoping someone can give me some direction. I'm trying to find information about a murder case from 1976 or 1977. They were neighbors of mine and I only remember their first names and the approximate time frame and I know the address.

I've made attempts to look in old newspapers and I contacted the sheriff's department thinking they might have people who remembered. The person there was very rude and told me there were privacy laws. I thought if you went to prison after having confessed to a murder, you kind of lost some of that...but...what do I know.

Any ideas on other avenues I can pursue to find information? I'm presuming that it was too early to put anything on the internet and searches for the address and type of murder have not returned anything.

Thanks for help you can offer.
    if you know the address, you can look up property records to get their last name(s) (presuming they owned it) & from there you can search for news articles & even prison databases to see if they are still incarcerated

HTH & good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Thyme View Post
    Finally remembered the name of the video and found it on youtube.

Child of Rage - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME2wm...eature=related

Thanks for looking!

Edit: Part two & three on the right.
    omgosh thank you so much for posting this

she's so pretty & so little & so honest ... and yet, so violent & without conscience

it's heartbreaking & powerful

Hi, new member here and I have a question.

I was nearly abducted twice when I was growing up in the 1990's, once when I was 9 and later as a teenager.
    I would like to find more information if there were any serial predators in these areas during these times.

Unfortunately, I did not report these events to the police, and I don't know if I have any information that could be of any use,
    but just thinking about these today, many years later as an adult,
    it occurred to me that circumstantial evidence could possibly point to one of these bad guys living in my neighborhood at the time.

This was the case when I was 9 years old -- perhaps this man was cruising in my neighborhood looking for a kid to pick up, and that's why I want to see if there were any more cases in that area, perhaps some of you on WS are better able to find that kind of information than I am. But I also think it may have been an attempted abduction of opportunity, based on the circumstances, and that this guy may have been active in other places, but lived in my neighborhood at the time and the opportunity suddenly presented itself. I don't know, but I would like to find out more information.

Thank you if you can help.

Hi Ven

Welcome to Websleuths! I'm not sure how to answer your question but am hoping some of our members here will be able to.

Ima

Hello imamaze

Newbie here with a question! I have been trying to find info on a cold case in my hometown from the 80's, I keep hitting a dead end! What else can I do? Here's the resources I've used/tried & the info I have, Thanks in advance!

~Tammy Tracey,19F, Rockford Illinois Missing 5/27/87 from Searls Park, found 4/11/88 Sugar River Forest Preserve

~I've tried utlizing the internet, but have only found a few articles

~Searched for her name here, nada

~Visited the Winnebago County Sheriff's website, but they don't list cases

~I'm not local anylonger, so can't go into the library to view newspaper articles....the local paper website I can't get to bring up any info in archives either!!

~Family doesn't speak of her anymore, so that's been a dead end as well.

**Don't know where else to look***

Hi mama2one ,

hmmmmm... maybe some of our great members here can help us out on this. I'll look into it and see if I can find out anything too.

Welcome to Websleuths! Good to have you here.

Ima

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast