1278 users online (207 members and 1071 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    mama2one,

Your right not much on this young lady :-(

I know you said you visited the Sheriffs website and didn't see anything maybe you can e-mail them and ask about the case?

Also the Rockford Police Dept.

Rockford Police Dept.

I will still keep checking too, and maybe someone else will chime in here.

Ima

Is anyone interested in taking over a crime blog?

Hi,
    I haven't logged in in quite some time, but I'm looking for someone to take over a crime blog immediately. It has a large Facebook fan following, but the blog owner cannot devote anymore time to it.

News archives

Have you tried Google news archives? Most are Pay Per View, but I found some things from that time period.

Missing woman, 22, found dead
    Body at side of road near plant in Morris
    Click here for complete article
    Author: Phillip J. O'Connor
    Date: June 7, 1987
    Publication: Chicago Sun-Times
    Page: 39
    Word Count: 284
    Excerpt:
    Autopsy results are expected to reveal today the cause of death of Kimberly Yeates, 22, whose body was found Saturday, five days after she disappeared from Downstate Morris.

Grundy County Chief Deputy Sheriff Terry Marketti said a farmer driving on a gravel road detected a strong odor and phoned sheriff's police early Saturday.

Sgt. Thomas Walker and officer James Olson found her body about five feet from the road and four miles from a parking lot at the General Electric...

SKELETON IDENTIFIED AS MISSING WOMAN
    [FINAL EDITION, C]
    Chicago Tribune (pre-1997 Fulltext) - Chicago, Ill.
    Date: Apr 17, 1988
    Start Page: 3
    Section: CHICAGOLAND
    Text Word Count: 134
    Abstract (Document Summary)

A skeleton discovered in the Sugar River Forest Preserve was identified Saturday as the remains of Tammy Tracey, a 19-year-old Rockford receptionist who had been missing almost a year, authorities said.

Where's Tammy?
    Date: October 5, 1987
    Publication: Chicago Sun-Times
    Page: 8
    Word Count: 60

Linda Tracey stands Sunday near one of Rockford's busiest intersections, where a billboard company has donated space to help her search for her missing daughter, Tammy, 19. Tammy disappeared May 27 while she was cleaning her car at a park; two blocks from her Rockford home. The car was found abandoned in a secluded area nearby.

posting a new thread about a possible crime

hello websleuths
    I'm new here and i think this site is fabulous, I have some information about a crime that occurred in canada in 1986, I've tried to report it to crimestoppers etc but without more information they are not too interested,
    I have tried to start a new thread on here but it seems i've no permission to start a new thread,
    Can anyone help me so i can get this information out into the ether and see if anyone can remember anything from 1986
    best regards
    sbeau66

Ah ha, seems that my priveliges are slowly being unlocked, can a more experienced websleuther advise me which forum to start my thread, it involves a 1986 case of a guy pushing someone down some stairs in canada, after finding out that he'd killed the guy
    ,he fled they country, and to this day the family of this guy will have thought he'd fallen by accident, but i have had a confession, And seeing as i am in the uk i have no access to decent historical newspapers etc, i would like to draw attention to this for more local (canadian) people who perhaps could find out more
    thanks
    sbeau66

I still can't start a new thread, is it true that I have to write 50 posts before i can do that? help please

Quote Originally Posted by sbeau66 View Post
    I still can't start a new thread, is it true that I have to write 50 posts before i can do that? help please
    Hi sbeau66,

Welcome to Websleuths! Good to have you with us. It is true that you have to have a certain amount of posts before you can do certain things here. It doesn't take that long. Just jump into the case you are interested in or cases and start posting.

Last edited by imamaze; 11-09-2011 at 10:38 PM.

Doug Mueller, missing Phoenix, Ariz., area 1977

I sincerely apologize if I am posting this in the wrong location. I have been an avid fan of Websleuths but just joined yesterday. Looking at different forums I kept seeing the name Doug Alan Mueller who went missing in 1977. There's not much info. on Charley Project but it does say there was ransom involved.

I found a September 4th 2011 article that says his remains were finally identified http://www.faribaultcountyregister.c....html?nav=5001.

I have searched the missing forums from the 1970s and the located forums with no luck. The Charley Project doesn't have this updated information, and recently he has been mentioned as a possible amnesia victim on Websleuths.

As a newbie, I wanted to make sure you wonderful people are aware that sadly his remains were finally identified 34 years later. Thanks!

Need help with autospy report

In March of 1977, my father went missing, after he visted my older sister at her home. Eight days later, he was found deceased, in a heavily wooded area. I was always told he had a mental breakdown, took off into the woods, fell and broke his neck. I never believed this story. It made no sense at all. I was 15 years old at the time and assumed police would solve the case. Later, I found out they never did any type of investigation. I was always hesitant to contact police, because they never investigated the matter in the first place. I finally decided to get his autopsy report. This is what disturbs me.

Diagnoses:
    Fracture of neck, 4th, 5th and 6th cervical vertebral area; with epidural hematoma.

Opinion:
    This 51 year old white male, died of a broken neck. The injury could have been sustained in a fall or could have been inflicted by an assailant. The manner of death is therefore undetermined.

His death was considered an accident and never investigated as anything else. I talked to a cold case detective. He ask me to fax him autopsy report. He called me today and said they only have police reports going back to 1980, and that he has nothing to work with.

I need help and advice as how to proceed next. I need an expert to take a look at autopsy. Where would I find such a person.

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeForAll View Post
    In March of 1977, my father went missing, after he visted my older sister at her home. Eight days later, he was found deceased, in a heavily wooded area. I was always told he had a mental breakdown, took off into the woods, fell and broke his neck. I never believed this story. It made no sense at all. I was 15 years old at the time and assumed police would solve the case. Later, I found out they never did any type of investigation. I was always hesitant to contact police, because they never investigated the matter in the first place. I finally decided to get his autopsy report. This is what disturbs me.

Diagnoses:
    Fracture of neck, 4th, 5th and 6th cervical vertebral area; with epidural hematoma.

Opinion:
    This 51 year old white male, died of a broken neck. The injury could have been sustained in a fall or could have been inflicted by an assailant. The manner of death is therefore undetermined.

His death was considered an accident and never investigated as anything else. I talked to a cold case detective. He ask me to fax him autopsy report. He called me today and said they only have police reports going back to 1980, and that he has nothing to work with.

I need help and advice as how to proceed next. I need an expert to take a look at autopsy. Where would I find such a person.
    You've stumped me. I'll ask around and see if I can find out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeForAll View Post

Diagnoses:

Opinion:

Send me a PM with the complete autopsy report and I will try to help.
    “It saddens me that 20 years after my sister Nicole’s murder, we are still seeing the same crimes, just different names, over and over again.”
    - Denise Brown (sister of Nicole Brown Simpson)

I really thought police would investigate, since medical examiner concluded it could possibly be a homicide. Not so. Now, I am reliving everything that happened 35 years ago, all over again. My younger brother and younger sister are upset and in tears. It was a very traumatic event for us. My mother had passed away from cancer, two years before my dad died. I am not sure if I did the right thing. Still no answers and no closure. I feel absolutely helpless.

Cold case homicide detective, suggested I talk to my older sister, who saw my dad last. Don't really think that will help, but will try. I am meeting with her this weekend.

I called the medical examiner's office about autopsy findings. They told me to write a letter, requesting a review of the autopsy. I am doing that.

I contacted a private investigator. He is retired police captain, from another county. He suggested I wait and see if medical examiner finds anything, that will change manner of death. Then police will get involved. If not, he can interview people regarding case and have a forensic expert take a look a autopsy. Of course, it will cost me. I am willing do take this route, if necessary.

I am having a difficult time understanding why the police never investigated this case, as a possible homicide. My dad was the father of five children, and grandfather of two. He was retired from the military. A world war2 and korean war vet. He was working as a machinist at a plastic manufacturing plant.

I will keep trying, until I run out of options. My father deserves that, at the very least.

Just interviewed another private investigator. He looked at autopsy, and pointed out several things, that pointed towards a homicide. He had a hard time believing that it was an accident, based on the injuries. He made a few calls to professionals in the medical field, and inquired about this type of injury.
    This was all before I even told him about events that happened, before my dad went missing, why I always thought he was murdered, who I thought did it, and why they did it.
    He seems to think that there is a very good chance that the medical examiner will change status from undetermined to homicide, after reviewing the autopsy. Then the police will become involved.
    I hope and pray he is right. This has haunted me for many years. Not knowing has been torture. I have tried to not think about this too much, for so many years, just so I could function. I has always on my mind. I need to know what really happened.

locating Dallas, TX murder archives from 1982

I am trying to locate how to look up a murder in Dallas, TX from Nov 1982. Are there any free crime archives that can be searched and viewed?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast