1420 users online (275 members and 1145 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttrbye View Post
    I am trying to locate how to look up a murder in Dallas, TX from Nov 1982. Are there any free crime archives that can be searched and viewed?
    Hi Fluttrbye

Is this a cold case your looking for? or is it a solved case?

Welcome to Websleuths!!!

Thanks for making all three videos available. I viewed the first video in my graduate psych class. I was perplexed by the child's matter of fact attitude regarding her behavior. I've wondered how therapy worked for her. I will watch the additional videos. Thanks again for posting these videos.

Shalom, Sharai

Smile Pickering Dungeon House

Hi There...I'm new this evening and I apologize if I'm all wrong on asking about this case in this location, but any info would be appreciated. In fact, I thought as I was browsing around before I was officially signed up here that I saw a brief comment by someone on this Pickering, Ontario farmhouse which was discovered to have a 'confinement room' built in the basement...a recent addition to a totally abandoned house. The house burned down today and police of course are not saying too much yet...one hopes they might in the near future.

So, just wondering if there are any other comments here or if you know where I might go to discuss this in particular.

Great site and I'm looking forward to listening to the shows.

Thx...oneofthebellamy2

Quote Originally Posted by OneOfTheBellamy2 View Post
    Hi There...I'm new this evening and I apologize if I'm all wrong on asking about this case in this location, but any info would be appreciated. In fact, I thought as I was browsing around before I was officially signed up here that I saw a brief comment by someone on this Pickering, Ontario farmhouse which was discovered to have a 'confinement room' built in the basement...a recent addition to a totally abandoned house. The house burned down today and police of course are not saying too much yet...one hopes they might in the near future.

So, just wondering if there are any other comments here or if you know where I might go to discuss this in particular.

Great site and I'm looking forward to listening to the shows.

Thx...oneofthebellamy2

I think this link might take you to where you want to be: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ing%2C+Ontario

And to Websleuths! We're so happy you joined!!!

Eowynn Anderson (the Anderson children)

Meghan from Charley Project states, "I got word from the NCMEC that Eowynne Anderson has been found deceased. She was three years old when her mother abducted her and her sister, Gisselle (then 10) and brother, Giovanni (then 7) from Lynwood, Washington in 2004. No word on the well-being of the other children."

I can't post this in any thread, yet, but am very curious about finding cause of death for this poor kid. I've searched but am having no luck. One site said that they may have been using the last name San Miguel, so I searched under that, too, but no luck. Does anyone have any ideas on how to find this info?

Hi kdblaisdell

I don't have an answer for you on this case but hopefully some of our other members can help you out. I did want to Welcome you to Websleuths. Good to have you with us.

Ima

Quote Originally Posted by kdblaisdell View Post
    Meghan from Charley Project states, "I got word from the NCMEC that Eowynne Anderson has been found deceased. She was three years old when her mother abducted her and her sister, Gisselle (then 10) and brother, Giovanni (then 7) from Lynwood, Washington in 2004. No word on the well-being of the other children."

I can't post this in any thread, yet, but am very curious about finding cause of death for this poor kid. I've searched but am having no luck. One site said that they may have been using the last name San Miguel, so I searched under that, too, but no luck. Does anyone have any ideas on how to find this info?

Here is a link to the thread on this case here...

Found Deceased WA - Eowynne Anderson, 3, Lynnwood, 29 March 2004 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-04-2015 at 03:08 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Thanks and info

I read on Charley Project, today, that she died of a badly set broken arm. It's in today's blog. Thank you for the welcome and the info.

How do I find something that was discussed in September of 2011 about the death of a young man in a hot tub in Arkansas on September 5th, 2011?

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    Quote Originally Posted by ewilliams View Post
    How do I find something that was discussed in September of 2011 about the death of a young man in a hot tub in Arkansas on September 5th, 2011?
    to ewilliams!

If you go to the top of this page you will see a blue bar with links like "Home," "User CP," "Blogs" etc. There is a link there labeled "Search."

Click on that to open the Search options. The "Show Threads" button is pre-selected.

Type in likely keywords, and click "Go." (I just ran a search using "Arkansas" and "hot tub" and came up with a link to the case you're looking for as the second search return.)

Hope that helps, and that you enjoy your sleuthing!
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

Why cant I post

I think I did everything right but I don't have permission to start a new thread. All I can do is post a reply

Quote Originally Posted by mchlgundel View Post
    I think I did everything right but I don't have permission to start a new thread. All I can do is post a reply
    Hi mchlgundle!

Welcome to Websleuths! You do need to make a certain amount of posts before you can start new theads. The more posts you make the more you will be able to do. I think its 50 if I'm not mistaken. It doesn't take long, look forward to hearing from you.

Ima

Question about UID's

I have a question on some of the older UIDs...When it comes to gender, obviously with DNA and certain measurements we can get a match now for the most part. On some of the older UID especially with children, is it possible the gender is incorrect? Curious... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LucyOso View Post
    I have a question on some of the older UIDs...When it comes to gender, obviously with DNA and certain measurements we can get a match now for the most part. On some of the older UID especially with children, is it possible the gender is incorrect? Curious... Thanks!
    Yes, but a gender error more often occurs with children.

A 1989 Texas UID case where they had thought all along that the UID was a teenaged female, turned out to be a 13-year-old male.

Identified! TX - Houston, September 1989, White Female (85UFTX) identified as male

Here's a side-by-side of the facial reconstruction with the victim (Paul Segura)
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Porchlig...howtopic=18649

I have seen instances of gender errors with adults as well, but it usually is in partial remains cases, or cases where a pelvis is not found.

It should never happen if they have a nucDNA profile because the DNA either indicates a Y chromosome (indicating male) or it doesn't.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-04-2015 at 03:08 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by imamaze View Post
    Hi mchlgundle!

Welcome to Websleuths! You do need to make a certain amount of posts before you can start new theads. The more posts you make the more you will be able to do. I think its 50 if I'm not mistaken. It doesn't take long, look forward to hearing from you.

Ima
    Ok Thanks I guess this is two

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast